[Q] Wiped TF300T. Is there any hope?

Search This thread

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
Guys i got serious problem. I have wiped my TF300T by mistake before i could make a backup file for it. Now my Tab is freezing on the starting screen and i can do nothing.... Is there any chance to do something with this and bring back to live my TF300T?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Guys i got serious problem. I have wiped my TF300T by mistake before i could make a backup file for it. Now my Tab is freezing on the starting screen and i can do nothing.... Is there any chance to do something with this and bring back to live my TF300T?
Is your device unlocked and can you get to the bootloader screen by holding vol-down, when powering on?
Then you can use fastboot to flash your favourite ROM.
I suggest to start with flashing the latest Asus ROM 10.6.1.27.5 and boot it at least once, so your tablet is brought up-to-date.
For detailed instructions please check the stickies in the General section or search. Tips and tricks are all over the threads.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
Yes my device is unlocked, but when i'm trying to get to bootloader the device is just reseting itself and freezeng on starting asus screen..(sorry for bad eng. ;) )

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Yes my device is unlocked, but when i'm trying to get to bootloader the device is just reseting itself and freezeng on starting asus screen..(sorry for bad eng. ;) )
There are a couple of tricks to try: hold power for at least 10 secs, then release holding vol-down, use the small reset hole holding vol-down, power off then connect the charger while holding vol-down and possibly more. Several people managed to break out of such a boot loop using one or another of those.

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
There are a couple of tricks to try: hold power for at least 10 secs, then release holding vol-down, use the small reset hole holding vol-down, power off then connect the charger while holding vol-down and possibly more. Several people managed to break out of such a boot loop using one or another of those.

i've tryed them already and non worked it looks like the tab is not leting me through the first screen that appears before the bootloader comes and it stays still on it like frozen.

Last edited:

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
i've tryed them already and non worked it looks like the tab is not leting me through the first screen that appears before the bootloader comes and it stays still on it like frozen.
Sounds not good. :(
If you have not created nvflash blobs before, no recovery and no fastboot, I am out of ideas, sorry.

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
Sounds not good. :(
If you have not created nvflash blobs before, no recovery and no fastboot, I am out of ideas, sorry.

The main problem is that i cant get to the bootloader to be recognized by fastboot. If i can get there it is easy to do the rest....

jaffer707

Mar 11, 2009
Thanks to Buster99

I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]
finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
-Buster

Reactions: llcoolveer

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
Thanks to Buster99

I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*

erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

cheers
-Buster

Yea but the problem is that i cant get to fastboot so it will not work for me. i've tryed lot of times to get to bootloader and i cant stuck on the asus screen with the "device unlocked"....

Orsoniusz

Mar 3, 2014
Guys i'm curious What will asus say if i would send them my tf300t on a warranty if my device is unlocked is there any possibility for repair?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Guys i'm curious What will asus say if i would send them my tf300t on a warranty if my device is unlocked is there any possibility for repair?
Repair is always possible, just might be expensive. ;)
If you are unlocked and your issue is software related, Asus will probably charge you for replacing the mainboard. If your issue is obviously hardware-related, you might be lucky in some countries like in the EU, where Asus is not allowed to generally waive the warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to Buster99

fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase cache

erasing 'system'...
    OKAY [ 1.695s]
    OKAY [133.121s]
    writing 'system'...
    OKAY [153.973s]

cheers
    -Buster