Nexus 5 yellow screen

Search This thread

nvision

Nov 3, 2010
Christchurch
I was a little dubious at first when people said "it improves with use" but I have found the screen is less yellow after a couple of weeks.

However, I now have a slight issue that because I mainly use my phone for surfing the web in portrait orientation, the bottom of the screen is normally kept black by the on-screen software keys. This has resulted in this bottom section of the screen remaining with a yellowish glow when looking at a white webpage in landscape (for example). Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm hoping it's just going to take a little longer for that bottom area to "whiten up"...

I have the exact same issue. Although my phone is only 2 days old :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
My screen is way too warm, looks great until you see it next to another phone then you realise just how far out the white really is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After a couple of days the display is actually starting to look better.

The nexus 4 whites are actually starting to look a little crappy and blue at the side of the nexus 5.

Maybe I'm just getting used to it now. It still doesn't look like matrix_19 screen

heres some pictures from day one to now.

If you look at the last picture of it on its own on google chrome it looks fine its only when at the side of another device you really see the difference

This is day one

This is today

This is today on its own in chrome

What do you guys think
    I bought my 1st Nexus 5 on the day it was released back in October.

I just received my 5th RMA device all have either had this yellow screen issue or the gap at the bottom of the front screen issue or a blown speaker issue...

I can confirm that this one too has a yellow screen.... and its a 402K

Zolah, did yours come right?

The yellowish tint goes away after a week to 10 days of usage. Many users have reported the same. :cyclops:

Hope your's goes away as well!
    I was a little dubious at first when people said "it improves with use" but I have found the screen is less yellow after a couple of weeks.

However, I now have a slight issue that because I mainly use my phone for surfing the web in portrait orientation, the bottom of the screen is normally kept black by the on-screen software keys. This has resulted in this bottom section of the screen remaining with a yellowish glow when looking at a white webpage in landscape (for example). Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm hoping it's just going to take a little longer for that bottom area to "whiten up"...