[Q] Lost WiFi Connectivity when switching ROMS. =( Help!

Search This thread

XQuisite

Nov 12, 2006
Hello wonderful community!

I write this in equal parts shame and anguish. I thought I knew what I was doing, apparently something went wrong. Here's the situation.

1. Was on Paranoid Android 4.4 BETA 1 and flashed Paranoid Android 4.4 RC1
  2. PA 4.4 RC 1 had Google sync problems, so I decided to jump to DJL4.4Custom FLO 06-03-14 (Latest) w/recommended GAPPS
  3. WiFi wouldn't turn on. (Would hang saying "WiFi turning on...") <-- Main problem. Can't sync, etc.
  4. Factory resetted and did a lot of wiping - to no avail.
  5. Now stuck in an apparent bootloop of the startup animation of DLJ4.4.
  6. Help please!?!

This absolutely sucks. If anyone can help, please let me know. I've been using WugFresh's toolkit when needed. I did all of the flashing above via Nexus 7 only however.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

XQuisite

Nov 12, 2006
The lack of WiFi connectivity problem is ROM issue. If you have TWRP you can sideload a ROM onto it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for your reply. I've since tried to revert back to the ROM that I was using and the WiFi is still stuck in the "Turning on WiFi" part. Could I flash a kernel instead? All ROM, GAPPS, and Kernel zip installs have been done with full wipes.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Thanks for your reply. I've since tried to revert back to the ROM that I was using and the WiFi is still stuck in the "Turning on WiFi" part. Could I flash a kernel instead? All ROM, GAPPS, and Kernel zip installs have been done with full wipes.

Should be able to. I use ElementalX. Very stable and fast. You can flash AOSP kernel too. When 4.4.3 first hit there were some issues that were quickly patched. Some have not worked the patch into their ROM yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.3 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

XQuisite

Nov 12, 2006
Should be able to. I use ElementalX. Very stable and fast. You can flash AOSP kernel too. When 4.4.3 first hit there were some issues that were quickly patched. Some have not worked the patch into their ROM yet.

I've now tried to flash back to stock and the WiFi still doesn't want to fully turn on. =/ I'm going to try to flash some ROMs and Kernels to see what I get.

Thanks Linear. I'm discouraged but hopeful.