[How to] Install unlock bootloader for A100/A101

Search This thread

chicinwang

Jan 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Revert..

I see the cmds for linux to revert back to the A100 bootloader.But how can I do it on vista,I'm feeling a little lazy and dont want reboot PC into ubuntu..Mine is unlocked with ICS bootloader of course.Also would I need to relock or just install A100 BL?REason is ,I just want to go back to HC.:D

Also I still have stock recovery.

Last edited:

Romman0

May 7, 2012
I see the cmds for linux to revert back to the A100 bootloader.But how can I do it on vista,I'm feeling a little lazy and dont want reboot PC into ubuntu..Mine is unlocked with ICS bootloader of course.Also would I need to relock or just install A100 BL?REason is ,I just want to go back to HC.:D

Also I still have stock recovery.

It would be easier and safer to run the script in Linux. But if you want to do windows http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1968807
After your all stock ICS you can run an update.zip to HC. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29871277&postcount=14

Reactions: chicinwang

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
This method seems not working on latest ICS bootloader 0.03.14-ICS... I tried this ethod and a lot more (apx flash tool from A500 with an older bundle, got the CPUID also, etc...) I've been trying to flash an unlocked bootloader for about 6 hours now....Sorry guys, I'm new to Acer, just headed over from the Motorola Razr section, developing stuff for that, so I am not a noob - exept for the A100 :D

Well, my A101 came with latest ICS preinstalled.

Any suggestions??

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
No, I'm getting just nothing. No icons after flashed bootloader. Cwm is just overwritten by bootloader when trying to enter which means the bootloader is not flashed...

Version is 0.03.14-ICS

I flashed also the patched bootloader v3 from thunderb8r project (a500) which was suggested I another blog.. All steps done, CPUID and SBK received, apx mode entered and flashed the bootloader. But it is still the same bootloader...

Gesendet von meinem A101 mit Tapatalk 2

chicinwang

Jan 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
These may sound like dumb questions, but I'm just trying to help. You are rooted and on official ICS? And are you using the process on windows? If so when you run the windows batch file your tab reboots,but no lock/unlock option?
Also you are saying CWM is getting over written? How did you get CWM on it in the first place

Sent from my A100

Last edited:

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
These may sound like dumb questions, but I'm just trying to help. You are rooted and on official ICS? And are you using the process on windows? If so when you run the windows batch file your tab reboots,but no lock/unlock option?
Also you are saying CWM is getting over written? How did you get CWM on it in the first place

Sent from my A100

I know you only get like 5 secs hit the unlock button when you get to that step, you blink and won't see it and will remain locked.
Just something I remembered on mine.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
I know you only get like 5 secs hit the unlock button when you get to that step, you blink and won't see it and will remain locked.
Just something I remembered on mine.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Ok, I don't see any icon there... Also not for five seconds. Is it right anyway and I should try again?

Gesendet von meinem A101 mit Tapatalk 2

Edit: It worked! Had to give root permissions to adb shell on tab after starting the batch script..lol.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
When you boot the green acer logo is not in the center of the screen
Also in the second picture the acer logos is on the bottom and on the top from the screen the signature distorted.

Is there a possibility to replace this pictures?

I now is the bootloader for the a200 therefore the wrong size...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Another question:

When you open the Fastboot&Recovery.zip it gives files for the a100 and the a200.

And when you open the install-eng.bat will only access the files for the a200.

Does anyone know what happens if I replace the a200 command line against the a100 command line in the install-eng.bat?

There are in the zip folder files available for the a100.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
When you boot the green acer logo is not in the center of the screen
Also in the second picture the acer logos is on the bottom and on the top from the screen the signature distorted.

Is there a possibility to replace this pictures?

I now is the bootloader for the a200 therefore the wrong size...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Another question:

When you open the Fastboot&Recovery.zip it gives files for the a100 and the a200.

And when you open the install-eng.bat will only access the files for the a200.

Does anyone know what happens if I replace the a200 command line against the a100 command line in the install-eng.bat?

There are in the zip folder files available for the a100.

If you run the a100 version it relocks the boot loader. He really should have made this clear, but running that and having a custom recovery and ROM bricks the device, it will not boot with no way back.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - ReVolt

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
If you run the a100 version it relocks the boot loader. He really should have made this clear, but running that and having a custom recovery and ROM bricks the device, it will not boot with no way back.

Okay thanks but,

when i use the zip with a non modified tab (only root) with the a100 file version it will fit the boot pictures to the right size?

Another thing: In the original thread they use the install.bat not the install-eng.bat, is there a diffrent?

The main reason why i ask is they i have a clean starting screen during booting.

I now the important part is that the bootloader work correctly!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Okay thanks but,

when i use the zip with a non modified tab (only root) with the a100 file version it will fit the boot pictures to the right size?

Another thing: In the original thread they use the install.bat not the install-eng.bat, is there a diffrent?

The main reason why i ask is they i have a clean starting screen during booting.

I now the important part is that the bootloader work correctly!

The unlocked boot loader is for the wrong screen size son it distorts, if you're just rooted then the a100 boot loader is there and it looks correct. Its one or the other, either unlocked and distorted or clear and locked to factory.

Install and install-eng is the English version of the script.

Unlocked distorted = custom recovery and ROMs

Locked clear = only factory recovery and ROM and root.

Putting the a100 boot loader back on with a custom recovery and rom will brick, I can't stress this enough. Stop messing with the boot loader.

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
The unlocked boot loader is for the wrong screen size son it distorts, if you're just rooted then the a100 boot loader is there and it looks correct. Its one or the other, either unlocked and distorted or clear and locked to factory.

Install and install-eng is the English version of the script.

Unlocked distorted = custom recovery and ROMs

Locked clear = only factory recovery and ROM and root.

Putting the a100 boot loader back on with a custom recovery and rom will brick, I can't stress this enough. Stop messing with the boot loader.

Thanks pio,

thats the answer what i need.

So, not `playing` on the bootloader :rolleyes: .

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
I have a another bear:

I get a tablet from a friend with a problem that the tab not boot.
It stuck on the green acer logo with the message on the left upper corner:

"Bootloader version 0.03.06-ics (unlock mode)"

And nothing happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i go in the recovery with holding the buttons i get this message:

"Bootloader version 0.03.06-ics (unlock mode)
Erasing cache before sd update...

Sd update cmd: recovery
--update_package=SDCARD: update.zip

Booting recovery kernel image"

And nothing happens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question: Is it bricked?
It locks like the recovery kernel image is corrupt?
I try to install by rename a custom rom to update.zip to install them with holding the buttons but nothing happend.

Is there help or can be disposed of it right? :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
    0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
    1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    for Linux with the rights of root
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh
    4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Then you have to reboot, using, for example, this command:
    Code:
    sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader

And you'll get the message on the screen when it comes up in fastboot mode.

Code:
    "Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS(UnlockMode): Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"

It's unlocked and available for fastboot flashing, etc.
    ---
    For return original bootloader:
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.
    ok i did get back to it it seemed to go thru, when i got to the sudo reboot part it said sudo unreconized command but on tab screen it just said to reboot so i powered off and back on seems to be working tab rebooted is there anyway to check it

Sudo is a linux thing, windows won't know what it is. If your script is using sudo then its the linux version.

Not sure what you mean to check, if you mean it did the process for unlocking (the screen with two icons) then you can check on the acer screen, upper left, in white text, will say bootloader whatever version (unlock mode). If it doesn't say (unlock mode) then it's not unlocked. It'll probably say something like bootloader 03.06 ICS (unlock mode). If it says 03.06 ICS but no unlock mode, or locked, you'll need to pass the command for it:
    adb reboot bootloader
    once the usb download whatever screen appears
    fastboot oem unlock
    quickly hit volume - then volume +
    You have got to be quick, its like a half second window
    once thats done enter
    fastboot reboot
    and the tab will reboot.

Thats basically the manual way of doing it once the a200 bootloader has been pushed in the previous portion of the script.
    my concern is that using the update.zip without the correct bootloader could keep the tablet from booting up. Anybody out there know this for sure?

I successfully downgraded my A101 from leaked A100 ICS back to stock A101 HC using standard decrypted update.zip (Acer_A101_0.000.00_2.004.01_EMEA_GB.zip).
    So if you restore the A100 locked bootloader first you should be fine with downgrading to HC.
    oh nice! I assume, if you could use the a500 patched bootloader as well, yes? That one is actually the same version as the A100 ics bootloader.

Thanks for the script.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
    0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
    1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh
    4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Then you have to reboot, using, for example, this command:
    Code:
    sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader

And you'll get the message on the screen when it comes up in fastboot mode.

Code:
    "Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS(UnlockMode): Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"

It's unlocked and available for fastboot flashing, etc.
    ---
    For return original bootloader:
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.
    Seems like the link its down, I'll be really thankful if u can put ir online again, since I look everywhere for that file and can't find it. Thanks a lot!