moto g brightness apps

Search This thread

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
i want to know are there any apps by which you can lower the brightness then lowest settng on stock rom... rooted and non rooted apps both want to know.. any one knows? don't want that filters..main moto is to save battery..
Sent from my XT1033

Last edited:

SahilTech

Nov 19, 2012
Jabalpur
sahiltech.wap.sh
i want to know are there any apps by which you can lower the brightness then lowest settng on stock rom... rooted and non rooted apps both want to know.. any one knows? don't want that filters..main moto is to save battery..
Sent from my XT1033

use rootdim app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.pruss.superdim

your phone must be rooted, there is no app for non rooted phones as it need special permission for brightness control

Reactions: veervijay99

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
thanx guys...planng to root now..u think using mobogenie application will be the easiest way? no boot loader unlocking nothing ...just a one click root thing...ive done it once on my old nexus 4..root checker did showed 'you have root access'..any comments?

Sent from my XT1033

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
thanx guys...planng to root now..u think using mobogenie application will be the easiest way? no boot loader unlocking nothing ...just a one click root thing...ive done it once on my old nexus 4..root checker did showed 'you have root access'..any comments?

Sent from my XT1033

It will definitely NOT work. To root, you will HAVE to flash a 'Superuser' ZIP via a custom recovery, which REQUIRES an unlocked bootloader (atleast till now).

-sent from my little moto beast

Wistake

May 9, 2014
leiria
Im using this one and it's working pretty great,I already have a nice battery usage because im running on ART, but with that app it increases even more

HTML:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vito.lux

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
Im using this one and it's working pretty great,I already have a nice battery usage because im running on ART, but with that app it increases even more

HTML:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vito.lux

art does nothing to battery....yeah technically it should...but nothing i can make out.. :/

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS

Nov 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Asus Zenfone 9
Sent from my XT1033
I usually don't advertise, but I used Lux Auto Brightness for a while now, no root required and it is just perfect. Set it to " Adjust On Wake" and "Auto Day/Night mode", adjust the right brightness for the current time and ambient light situation a couple of times and you have perfect screen brightness (bellow zero brightness possible) for the current situation at no battery cost.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vito.lux&hl=en

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
I usually don't advertise, but I used Lux Auto Brightness for a while now, no root required and it is just perfect. Set it to " Adjust On Wake" and "Auto Day/Night mode", adjust the right brightness for the current time and ambient light situation a couple of times and you have perfect screen brightness (bellow zero brightness possible) for the current situation at no battery cost.

i tries lux..but on sub zero zone..it dosent really lowers the back light..what it does is to lay a filter.. i need an app to lower the back light soo i can get a whee more screen on time..

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS

Nov 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Asus Zenfone 9
i tries lux..but on sub zero zone..it dosent really lowers the back light..what it does is to lay a filter.. i need an app to lower the back light soo i can get a whee more screen on time..

Sent from my XT1033

I think you would have to lower the screens voltage below what the manufacturer has intended to achive that. I don't even think that would be possible without a moded kernel or something ... and not sure if that's worth the extra 20minutes of screen time... ;)

Sent from my XT1039 using XDA Free mobile app

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
Don't worry, theose are easy to find ;)
Rooted my 3 day old Moto G 4g yesterday. Already couldn't bare not having full control anymore.

Sent from my XT1039 using XDA Free mobile app

could you please enlighten me more about benefits...of rooting. like dnt wnt to over clock but certainly will wnt some nice audio engines...moto g default engine sucks in audio depth..

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS

Nov 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Asus Zenfone 9
Audio is one, full backups another, ad blocking via host file is a big one for me... Not so much on this phone, but usualy being able to change hardware button configuration is a must for me. I'm sure there are many more that escape me right now.

Sent from my Moto G 4G

veervijay99

Jul 2, 2014
Audio is one, full backups another, ad blocking via host file is a big one for me... Not so much on this phone, but usualy being able to change hardware button configuration is a must for me. I'm sure there are many more that escape me right now.

Sent from my Moto G 4G

can you tell me you reassigned your hardware buttons for what? like skippng music?

Sent from my XT1033

SoulSeekerHS

Nov 28, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Asus Zenfone 9
I had a Htc Desire X before and it has a badly placed power button. Once rooted, I could mod it so the volume buttons would turn on the phone as well. (They'd still function as vol buttons once the phone was on)

Sent from my Moto G 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are rooted use
    XPosed -> Gravity Box -> Statusbar Tweaks -> Enable brighness controll

Adjusts brightness by sliding over statusbar. Best I think....
    Sent from my XT1033

use rootdim app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.pruss.superdim

your phone must be rooted, there is no app for non rooted phones as it need special permission for brightness control

Sent from my XT1033

It will definitely NOT work. To root, you will HAVE to flash a 'Superuser' ZIP via a custom recovery, which REQUIRES an unlocked bootloader (atleast till now).

-sent from my little moto beast
    art does nothing to battery....yeah technically it should...but nothing i can make out.. :/

Sent from my XT1033

Well im not an expert, but I tried with dalvik and art,and art runs better and also I noticed a better battery usage on that mode, doing the same stuff on both modes
    Sent from my XT1033