Volume mod

Search This thread

Audigy187

Dec 5, 2012
I took this volume mod from the t-mobile note 3 section
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469463

we cant install a zip from a custom recover but we can take the file and copy it to the system folder manually. worked perfectly for me using root explorer.

Please make sure to backup ur original file before replacing with the new modded file. after install restart ur phone and get ready for some increased volume lol.

archie87

Mar 15, 2013

we cant install a zip from a custom recover but we can take the file and copy it to the system folder manually. worked perfectly for me using root explorer.

Please make sure to backup ur original file before replacing with the new modded file. after install restart ur phone and get ready for some increased volume lol.

Thank you for sharing this. For me, with custom equalizer settings the Note 3's volume takes a hit.

EDIT: Argh. Never-mind, It doesn't work with my bluetooth headphones.

Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
I can edit any volume spectrum on the file if you need help...just remember to open that zip file.. And simply backup old file and replace it with the new higher volume file..change permission and owner...and reboot....My phone is insane loud now...
My ear piece seemed so low..and now it's extremely loud...

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
I can edit any volume spectrum on the file if you need help...just remember to open that zip file.. And simply backup old file and replace it with the new higher volume file..change permission and owner...and reboot....My phone is insane loud now...
My ear piece seemed so low..and now it's extremely loud...

Can you change the volume for bluetooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
Did you try the mod the op linked the thread too? I used the medium loud version and was plenty loud for me..but if it's not for you I can make it a little louder for ya..post your file here and I'll touch it up for ya..

Are you using wireless headphones? I tried all three files and there was no difference. I am connected via apt-x so perhaps the mod only boosts SBC volume and not apt-x? I am not sure.

Ideally I would just like the Bluetooth volume boosted. I don't really need the others. I attached my file. Thanks!

Attachments

• snd_soc_msm_Taiko_CDP.zip
    9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Are you using wireless headphones? I tried all three files and there was no difference. I am connected via apt-x so perhaps the mod only boosts SBC volume and not apt-x? I am not sure.

Ideally I would just like the Bluetooth volume boosted. I don't really need the others. I attached my file. Thanks!

I only edited the "Headset Rx device" to 2.70.5% There seems to be no values within bluetooth like you said, but it seems to revert back to headset sbc settings....so lets try this. I don't have a bluetooth to test this on.

KEEP A BACKUP.....Just in case ok...

https://db.tt/RJQTzei4

Reactions: archie87

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
I only edited the "Headset Rx device" to 2.70.5% There seems to be no values within bluetooth like you said, but it seems to revert back to headset sbc settings....so lets try this. I don't have a bluetooth to test this on.

Thanks. So...I named my old with .bak at the end and copied the new one but now my phone won't boot past the AT&T logo. I had changed to the correct permissions and everything. The original is on the phone but I also attached it above. Question is; How do I get it back on my phone or restore the one on there?

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
I'm guessing all I need to do is somehow flash the one file but how do I this since I can't boot?

Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Archie87 the file I sent above was just to copy and paste where your old file was...Did it make the bluetooth louder?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

I'm guessing all I need to do is somehow flash the one file but how do I this since I can't boot?

What did you do for the phone not to boot up am curious? If all you did was just copy the volume file I posted for you it was nothing more then I edited the headset rx volume just a little more then stock..Didn't change or mess with any other volumes...Very weird that happened or did you flash the files from the link the op has? No one has to flash ANYTHING just side load it...

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
Archie87 the file I sent above was just to copy and paste where your old file was...Did it make the bluetooth louder?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

What did you do for the phone not to boot up am curious? If all you did was just copy the volume file I posted for you it was nothing more then I edited the headset rx volume just a little more then stock..Didn't change or mess with any other volumes...Very weird that happened or did you flash the files from the link the op has? No one has to flash ANYTHING just side load it...

I removed the .txt because I didn't see a .txt file in the folder. Lol. It's working now, I was able to flash MJ5 via the MJ5 restore thread. Bluetooth is as it has been though. Should I try again? =X

Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
I removed the .txt because I didn't see a .txt file in the folder. Lol. It's working now, I was able to flash MJ5 via the MJ5 restore thread. Bluetooth is as it has been though. Should I try again? =X

idk...Your Dangerous lmao

Just make sure the file is the same type...I just uploaded it to dropbox i didn't zip the file i don't believe the file typed changed...As long as the files type is the same,,,MAKE A BACKUP FIRST..then copy or move the file over to where it belongs change permissions and owner then reboot...Should be fine...Im curious if it did change the Bluetooth volume though :) ;)

archie87

Mar 15, 2013

Just make sure the file is the same type...I just uploaded it to dropbox i didn't zip the file i don't believe the file typed changed...As long as the files type is the same,,,MAKE A BACKUP FIRST..then copy or move the file over to where it belongs change permissions and owner then reboot...Should be fine...Im curious if it did change the Bluetooth volume though :) ;)

Lol. :silly:

The size is different from the default file too however, 98kb vs 158kb. When I click your dropbox link it shows the correct file but when I download it, it's a .txt file. I have a feeling it's going to have the same effect so I'm wary to try again.

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Lol. :silly:

The size is different from the default file too however, 98kb vs 158kb. When I click your dropbox link it shows the correct file but when I download it, it's a .txt file. I have a feeling it's going to have the same effect so I'm wary to try again.

I believe I saved your file,ill just zip it for you then extract it..then copy and paste it in the right folder...change permission and owner and reboot...

Question that is strange my file is 158kb in my system/etc. As well? When I extracted your zip that file was smaller for some reason?

Let me confirm..Your on AT&T Samsung note 3 correct? I'll just copy mine straight out of my phone and hopefully change that value that will increase Bluetooth.

Try this one...see if you think you notice a change in Bluetooth volume..if so then I can change it higher.. https://db.tt/RJQTzei4

Last edited:

archie87

Mar 15, 2013
I believe I saved your file,ill just zip it for you then extract it..then copy and paste it in the right folder...change permission and owner and reboot...

Question that is strange my file is 158kb in my system/etc. As well? When I extracted your zip that file was smaller for some reason?

Let me confirm..Your on AT&T Samsung note 3 correct? I'll just copy mine straight out of my phone and hopefully change that value that will increase Bluetooth.

Try this one...see if you think you notice a change in Bluetooth volume..if so then I can change it higher.. https://db.tt/RJQTzei4

Ok this time the file is the right size but it still insists on adding .txt. I removed it, copied to the folder and it worked but I don't notice a difference. I am indeed using AT&T note 3 btw.

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Ok this time the file is the right size but it still insists on adding .txt. I removed it, copied to the folder and it worked but I don't notice a difference. I am indeed using AT&T note 3 btw.

Ok..thanks for testing the file...I mailed the op who modded the first volume file. Maybe he will know how to raise the Bluetooth volume.. I tried ;(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok..thanks for testing the file...I mailed the op who modded the first volume file. Maybe he will know how to raise the Bluetooth volume.. I tried ;(