[ROM] CyanogenMod-7.2 RC2 for Incredible S

Search This thread

mdk83

Dec 22, 2011
Sounds interesting, any chance for a changelog please ?

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

texastutt

Jan 13, 2012
Brantford
For the sake of space on my SD card, after a ROM is flashed can the ZIP file be removed? If I understand all that is happening when I flash the ROM the answer is yes, but have not seen that clearly stated.

C

chemist80

Anyone else having issues with audio since upgrading to RC2?

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA

jpkbeddu

May 21, 2011
Chennai, India
I too got audio bugged after flashing Tiamat.. But had audio working well with default kernel.. Thats why I asked whether someone can mod default kernel with db boost...

BTW when you replace the libaudio.so with the one someone posted in nightly thread will reenable audio..

C

chemist80

I too got audio bugged after flashing Tiamat.. But had audio working well with default kernel.. Thats why I asked whether someone can mod default kernel with db boost...

BTW when you replace the libaudio.so with the one someone posted in nightly thread will reenable audio..

cheers dude, will give it a go

Bagbug

Apr 4, 2012
Earth
I cant use my bluetooth headset since I installed RC2. Anyone else have this problem ?

I had no problem with RC1 and all the other ROMs I tried.

Thanks

texastutt

Jan 13, 2012
Brantford
My bluetooth worked fine to and from work (45 min each way).

BTW thanks to all for kernels and little helps. And I love the ICS blue instead of green...

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
The other day I downgraded, decided to try it out, my v3 kernel does work with CM7.2 without problems.

I don't know if it'll work on the latest kangs (after May 2012) but it works fine with my feb/march 7.2 kangs, I see no reason it wouldn't work with the one in the OP.

wai10691

Aug 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
The other day I downgraded, decided to try it out, my v3 kernel does work with CM7.2 without problems.

I don't know if it'll work on the latest kangs (after May 2012) but it works fine with my feb/march 7.2 kangs, I see no reason it wouldn't work with the one in the OP.

aren't v3 kernel is for the ICS rom? Is it compatible for GB rom too?
Is there any link to download your v3 kernel ?

Last edited:

jpkbeddu

May 21, 2011
Chennai, India

Tried CM 7.2 RC2 with x-ics-v3-VDD kernel and works fine.. I never thought ICS aosp kernel works with GB aosp rom.. Thanks..

BTW x-ics-v3-VDD has DB boost..? I felt increased incall volume, but not as much I felt with Icecoldsandwitch rom + x-ics-v3-VDD kernel.. (not sure..) just for confirmation..

Sent from my Incredible S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

cyanogen said:
    This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Incredible S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

This is the latest release candidate so any and all feedback is appreciated!

Latest version: 7.2.0-RC2-vivo
    Download: CyanogenMod Mirror Network
    Also available for download via ROM Manager

Google Addon:
    Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    i think i finally managed to fix the wrong volume on first call
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16523/

enjoy
    G.
    New nightly just released. I'm in the process of downloading it now. Looks like they have included slugthru's camera fix which is great news!

no, i forgot to push the fixed binary!
    rebuilding kernel now, i will schedule a new nightly after merge

sorry
    reserved for future use
    Yea, seems you're right. I just installed the latest nightly and camera is still not functional. Unfortunately, I dont have a PC at the moment. I been doing all my posting via tablet.

Hopefully next build...

Use the attached kernel in the meantime. It's freshly built from the latest git it as I just updated to nightly.