[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Search This thread

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri
Are we able to use the one clicks now to go back to ljc or is the bootloader problem still not fixed in these one clicks? Thanks garwynn for all your hard work on these.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

No they don't mix well with the new bootloader, but the link below works well to get back to LJC then you can receive the official OTA update. Just DO NOT wipe cache or dalvic cache after flashing the zip, because it will fail to flash the whole sequence of files needed.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

luisrodg

Oct 14, 2009
I have used the MA7_Stock_Restore One-Click two times now and both times it leaves the baseband at LJC. Shouldnt the baseband (modem) be updated to MA7?

Does anyone know anything about this?

luisrodg

Oct 14, 2009
No the modem is not included. You have to flash that separately.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Ok thanks!

I tried flashing the MA7 modem .tar.md5 file from rwilco12.com website on the PHONE slot in Odin but it failed...

Also, let me ask you guys a question. Are you able to update PRL and/or Profile? Or do you get a connection error 6204?

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Ok thanks!

I tried flashing the MA7 modem .tar.md5 file from rwilco12.com website on the PHONE slot in Odin but it failed...

Also, let me ask you guys a question. Are you able to update PRL and/or Profile? Or do you get a connection error 6204?

Modem is supposed to be flashed in the PDA slot. :)

luisrodg

Oct 14, 2009
Modem is supposed to be flashed in the PDA slot. :)

I tried flashing it in PDA slot and it also failed?

Also, I have a question about procedure:

On the 7th page of this thread, garwynn says the following:

IF YOU ARE GETTING THE HFA ERRORS:

1) Flash Billard412's LJC Restore ZIP
2) Allow Activation to Pass and PRL/Profile to update.

I have just done the MA7_Stock_Restore on this thread. In order to flash Billard412's LJC Restore ZIP, what would my steps be? I need a custom recovery, correct?, such as TWRP. So I get TWRP following instructions here http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/117 and when im in recovery, i wipe/reset, flash the LJC ZIP and reboot and thats it? Might sound like trivial questions but just want to make sure Im doing everything correctly.

Thanks!

luisrodg

Oct 14, 2009
I just flashed Billard412's LJC Restore ZIP like garwynn said to do but then when I try to do either a PRL or Profile update I get an error (connection error 6204). Any help? Thanks.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
I just flashed Billard412's LJC Restore ZIP like garwynn said to do but then when I try to do either a PRL or Profile update I get an error (connection error 6204). Any help? Thanks.
You could try wiping the carrier partition. Flash one of the twrp recoveries attached in the bottom of my reset zip thread. Once in recovery hit Wipe>Carrier

flofy22

Jul 13, 2009
This is the best ! Stock Recovery Stuff Ever Made thanks for the great job !

and $5 buck for the beer !! XD

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
can the tar have the modem included if not can some one link me to the ma7 baseband and how to install it im fully stock not rooted and dont wanna root it

bocaccio

Oct 27, 2010
I'm missing something. So i ran the oc odin and it finished successfully in dl mode on the gn2. So what do i do now? Pull batt n reboot?

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

Thank You!!! I thought i was gonna have to tell my wife i screwed my phone up. Now i can just say i didn't respond to her because it was dead. You are the best!! Don't think i'll be rooting anymore anytime soon. THANKS

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
I'm missing something. So i ran the oc odin and it finished successfully in dl mode on the gn2. So what do i do now? Pull batt n reboot?

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Thank You!!! I thought i was gonna have to tell my wife i screwed my phone up. Now i can just say i didn't respond to her because it was dead. You are the best!! Don't think i'll be rooting anymore anytime soon. THANKS

How's about you explain more what happened and then I can try to help? If it finished correctly in Odin it should have rebooted. If not there is a problem.

bocaccio

Oct 27, 2010
How's about you explain more what happened and then I can try to help? If it finished correctly in Odin it should have rebooted. If not there is a problem.

I rooted w the toolkit, then looked for a rom. tried to decide between synergy and another. Was installing synergy i did it wrong initially, and i know it. i installed w/out wiping anything. Somewhere inbetween all the madness I installed something from the goomanager and i believe it wiped or cleared my recovery image. Thats all i can think of that i did and went wrong.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Always read before flashing ...never jump and get nervous and do something stupid ..if you dont know ask a question and be calm do not do anything rash ... make sure you have a sd card with rom and back ups if you want ... cheap 8gb card will work they are like $4 .. and always read ... be safe and flashing a rom can be safe

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: garwynn

bocaccio

Oct 27, 2010
May give it another shot in the future. My only issue is im very comfortable w the stock rom right now.

Callie_evo

Jan 2, 2011
Can I flash this using mobile Odin since I'm not near a computer. Backuped stock ROM. Flashed different rom and tried going back to stock but recovery isn't showing it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
    If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
    PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
    Last 2 OCs up. Glad to have this done...

I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point. :(

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files. :)
    Separate Kernel tar is corrected.
    I'm rebuilding other TARs and OCs as we speak.
    TARs and respective MD5s are updated.
    OCs working on now. Hope I can get done in time.