[Recovery] [32A & 32B] [16-May-2010] RA-sapphire-v1.7.0

Search This thread

ClintonH

Jun 12, 2009
Edmonton
the benefit is everytime you need to flash a room yo don't have to use computer anymore..all you need is just transfer the update.zip to your sdcard (still need pc though) then turn off magic, press home + power button..

don't know if it enhance anything..

Actually if you really dont want to or can't use your PC than just use Linda file Manager and download/rename and your set. :)

Clinton

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Any one???

I'm stuck her, have tried to uninstall the drivers and re-installing them, no change.....

I use Win XP if it matters......could try to install vista or 7 if it is suppose to make it easier? (normally using Ubuntu, but it's a ***** to connect to the phone from that, so i gave up and booted in XP)

I updated my SPL from 1.33.009 to Engineering SPL 1.33.2010
No problems

I can do the:
fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.1H.img

But when i get to the:
adb remount

I get "device not found" (tried waiting from 10 sec to 10 min)

Is it driver related? I don't understand, cuz i do get my serial number when "fastboot devices" and are able to fastboot the recovery.......

USB Debugging is marked

Thanks!

Your issue is NOT related to this recovery so this question belongs in the general forum. Anyways... you're clearly having a driver issue.

Try this :

1. Make sure your phone is not connected via usb
2. Download USBdeview and run it as admin (it's very important to run it as admin otherwise you will be unable to uninstall!).
3. Uninstall all drivers that mention Android in the device name or description.
4. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in your phone (Settings - Applications - Development - USB debugging).
5. Connect your phone via usb.
6. Windows will now look for drivers, point it to the sdk drivers and make sure it uses those.
7. Check with "adb devices" to see if your phone listed.

skrki

Sep 1, 2009
Canberra
I am having issues with the 1.2.1G Recovery Image.

I am attempting to use theunlockrs 'One Click' method. When I try to use recovery flasher after backing up my recovery image I enter "sdcard/recovery-rav1.2.1G.img" and I get 'Invalid Recovery Image'.

I have the files on the root and I also have tried reformatting and readding the file to the root.

If this matters this is my info...

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.261
May 27 2009,19:06:41

I've never rooted or tried the goldcard method on this phone. This is as far as I have gotten. Any ideas?

EDIT: I have used 2 different SD cards now if that even makes a difference. A Patriot 2GB and the OEM MyTouch 4GB.

I'm no expert, but it seems like your SPL won't allow another recovery module, until you change it. Get an engineering SPL, flash it to your phone, and then flash the modified recovery.

S.

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
I'm no expert, but it seems like your SPL won't allow another recovery module, until you change it. Get an engineering SPL, flash it to your phone, and then flash the modified recovery.

S.

Not sure thats the problem. I have the Same setup
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.261
May 27 2009,19:06:41

Is the name correct? idk, just stating as I didn't have any trouble from mine is all.

poe11371

Apr 24, 2007
Boston, MA
It alwyas comes in the form of three questions .. what is your name, favorite color..

Seen it asked once before but I might have missed the answer is there anyway we can edit the .img to allow us to have a 96mb linux-swap when choosing the "format sd fat32/ext2/l-s" option?

Also is it safe to install over cyan's 1.4 recovery thingy?

And lastly can it be installed via the "one-click" recovery program much you would have to with a 32a recovery image? By typing the file's location into the open field?

Has anyone tired these scenarios and what were your results? Thanks. Just looking to fill in the gaps and learn from your successes, hoping for, or your folly, sorry if so.

kittcoldfire

Aug 27, 2009
help

Hey everyone, I'm trying to boot the recovery rom (newest version) on a Rogers HTC Dream, and everytime I run the cmd "fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.0G.img"

instead of going to the recovery rom, it loads the Rogers Symbol and doesn't go anywhere from there, anyone have any idea how i can get past this?

SilverSurfR

Sep 15, 2006
Can nandroid backup/restore ext2 partition or only fat32?
I have restore a rom with ap2sd and programs installed i can't see

AFAIK nandroid does not backup the contents of your SD card. It backs up the contents of your DEVICE to the SDCARD fat32 partition. If you wish to backup the contents of the ext2/3 partition.

Backup
Code:
adb pull /system/sd/ <some-path>\sdbackup
Restore
Code:
adb push <some-path>\sdbackup /system/sd

Learned this from the sdparted thread linked in the OP

scoobyturbo

Jun 30, 2009
aberdeen
is there an issue with this recovery img with 8gb cards ? cuase i just cant get mine to format and make partions if there is an issue could this be fixed in the next build ? thanks

B3ler3fonte

Sep 8, 2009
Dear All,

First of all congrats to everybody who is participating to this effort and as far as i can i see u actually managed to stabilize the version. As you can see its my first post and certainly not my last one :). I am posting coz i decided to ask for help since ive tried loads of things and i got till the "source" but still, till now, i haven't managed to njoy the pleasure of having Hero Rom on Magic :confused::(.

I followed by heart what is written about flashing and everything went fine. Probably i am missing something out.Lets be more specific. Here's what i have as for the device itself (through fastboot nfo) and below what i have done so far and its not working.

Magic Specs:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-OFF H ** ---> Is this normal?? Coz thats exactly what i get, meaning 32B being H
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000)
CLPD-7
RADIO -3.22.20.17
May 8 2009, 21:02:32

** Though don't question urself about the SHIP S-OFF.What i have, is fully working device but was meant for beta testing purposes prior to its release on the market.I dunno if this is causing the problem but i bet u'll be able to have a better overview of my prob by having a look on what i tried. So....

Process i have followed

1) Download SDK 1.5 r3 -> Done
3) Downloaded Recovery ROM (recovery-RAv1.2.1H.img)-> Done
4) Placed Recovery ROM into Tools folder on SDK-> Done
5) Downloaded Fatality ROM, renamed to update.zip,placed to SD-> Done
6) Attach phone through USB, load on fastboot mode (back button+power),run SDK through command prompt on windows,loaded to folder Tools, execute the "fastboot devices" command, phone has been reconed, and then executed the "fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.1H.img"-> Done
7) While in in the recovery ROM menu, wiped data, formated SD, scrolled to Apply sdcard:update.zip, ROM loaded successfully as promted-> Done
8) Selected the Reboot system now option and click, rebooted-> Freezed and stays there showin HTC Magic logo screen without loading at all even if i let the device for half an hour to load.

So, could u plz tell me what have i done wrong and i didn't managed to make it work at the end? Is there any step i skipped?I even tried ROM for B version of Qteknology's Hero port, nothing worked out.

In a completeley weird way its just doesn't accept any G's Recovery ROMs, neither the latest nor the old ones. I mean i try to place a Recover G ROM, and when it reboots in order to get me to the Recovery Menu, its frezzes on HTC Magic logo. Its working smoooothly (meaning i can manage to get to the Recovery Menu) ONLY with H's ROMs!!!.:eek::eek: Is that normal?? :confused::confused::confused: I just don't think so. Now i am confused. Anyone any ideas?:confused::confused:

Thanks in advance guys and any help will be much appreciated!

tq745

Aug 22, 2009
Your issue is NOT related to this recovery so this question belongs in the general forum. Anyways... you're clearly having a driver issue.

Try this :

1. Make sure your phone is not connected via usb
2. Download USBdeview and run it as admin (it's very important to run it as admin otherwise you will be unable to uninstall!).
3. Uninstall all drivers that mention Android in the device name or description.
4. Make sure that USB debugging is enabled in your phone (Settings - Applications - Development - USB debugging).
5. Connect your phone via usb.
6. Windows will now look for drivers, point it to the sdk drivers and make sure it uses those.
7. Check with "adb devices" to see if your phone listed.

this work perfectly for me...thanks amon. now just have to learn adb.

looktall

Jul 28, 2009
Aug 9, 2009
Wade

AMON_RA

Hey Amon, I need help desperately!!!!

I installed this new recovery system which looks great. I have been stuck on this for a whole day today :(.

I am having trouble partitioning my sd. Please dont replay negatviely. I Have searched all over the net and cant seem to find the problem. I read someone had a similar issue. BUt the solution did not help

The error message i get is..

Error: run sdtools.sh via adb!

Please Amon or others dont replay "Do what it sayss"

I have adb on my pc and i ran that and is said "sdtools" not recoginzed.
I looked at 51dusty's sd too...hey mentions something about going to console. This NEW recovery doensst have a CONSOLE!!

Please help..im stuck :(..im not that noob but still new.

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
AMON_RA

I installed this new recovery system which looks great. I have been stuck on this for a whole day today :(.

I am having trouble partitioning my sd. Please dont replay negatviely. I Have searched all over the net and cant seem to find the problem. I read someone had a similar issue. BUt the solution did not help

The error message i get is..

Error: run sdtools.sh via adb!

Please Amon or others dont replay "Do what it sayss"

I have adb on my pc and i ran that and is said "sdtools" not recoginzed.
I looked at 51dusty's sd too...hey mentions something about going to console. This NEW recovery doensst have a CONSOLE!!

Please help..im stuck :(..im not that noob but still new.
you dont need a console- 2 ways to do it- the easiest is just boot into recovery. scroll down tto where it says Format SD: Fat32 + ext2 + swap
click the trackball and wait for it to happen.

other way is to use sdparted via adb when in recovery- adb remount, adb shell then sdparted (followed by any extra instructions you need- see sdparted thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=543985

ANoft3

Sep 10, 2009
I am trying to flash the recovery onto my phone but it does not work with the cmd prompt fastboot boot recoveryRAv1.2.1G.img
I put the recovery file into the tools folder of SDK but it is not working

where do i put the recovery file after installation?

It also says that a need to flash a new SPL, but to do this i need a recovery?

#1 Download the SPL of your choice and copy it to the root of your SD-card.
#2 Download the appropriate recovery here
#3 Boot in fastboot mode

I chase the 2004, saved it
It says to send it to the root of my SD card. Where exactly is this?

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2009
you dont need a console- 2 ways to do it- the easiest is just boot into recovery. scroll down tto where it says Format SD: Fat32 + ext2 + swap
click the trackball and wait for it to happen.

other way is to use sdparted via adb when in recovery- adb remount, adb shell then sdparted (followed by any extra instructions you need- see sdparted thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=543985

Hey bro. I tried doing everything you said because i was doing that previously. its not working. I took my sdcard out put a different one and still said error: run sdtools via adb. I even tried formatting. Flashing and re-flashing and still nothing.

I manually did my own format swap so i am back to cnaygoens 1.4. sorry for my typos lol. BUT I WANT THIS AMON RECOVERY. ITS BETTER :(. PLEASE AMON OR ANYONE ELSE. MORE HELPP!!!

btw bro, he does mention console loook:
to run from computer:

1. download sdparted.txt below to computer
2. connect g1 via usb
3. boot into cm-recovery-v1.4, goto console(alt-x)
4. at your windows cmd prompt type: adb push /path-to/sdparted.txt /sbin/sdparted
5. then type: adb shell chmod 755 /sbin/sdparted.
6. to run type adb shell and hit enter.
7. you can now run script (ie. sdparted -efs ext4).

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
Yeah he did say console because he is referring to the g1. To do the same thing with amonra you boot I.to his recovery and then from your pc type adb remount and once remounted type adb shell and effectively you are in console. Type your commands from inside this adb shell.

looktall

Jul 28, 2009
I am trying to flash the recovery onto my phone but it does not work with the cmd prompt fastboot boot recoveryRAv1.2.1G.img
I put the recovery file into the tools folder of SDK but it is not working

where do i put the recovery file after installation?

It also says that a need to flash a new SPL, but to do this i need a recovery?

#1 Download the SPL of your choice and copy it to the root of your SD-card.
#2 Download the appropriate recovery here
#3 Boot in fastboot mode

I chase the 2004, saved it
It says to send it to the root of my SD card. Where exactly is this?
the root of your sd card means put it straight onto the card. not inside any folders etc, so that when you first open your card, the file is there.
you don't have to browse to find it.

when you open a command prompt, try navigating to the tools directory before you run the fastboot command.
does adb detect your phone? type adb devices into the command prompt. it should return list of devices attached if it lists a device then it can see you phone. if it lists no device then it cannot.

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah he did say console because he is referring to the g1. To do the same thing with amonra you boot I.to his recovery and then from your pc type adb remount and once remounted type adb shell and effectively you are in console. Type your commands from inside this adb shell.

Oh Okay bro.

I didnt know that adb shell was console in the "cmd.exe"

Thanks for the help. I learned somethign :). I will try what you said and try it.

So again, how to i bypass the error: run sdtools.sh via adb!?

Thanks for the help

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
when you type in adb shell it comes up with the # prompt. then just type sdparted and hit enter- this will give you the default for sdparted (I think it is 500mb ext2, 32mb swap, and rest Fat32). to switch to ext3 later use the recovery. sdtools is Amon_RA's version of sdparted he had before sdparted came out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.

All source code is available at github.

This recovery if for the HTC Magic/MT3G only, if you have an :
    - HTC Dream/G1 you should go here.
    - HTC Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Sprint Hero you should go here.
    - HTC Eris you should go here.
    - HTC Tattoo you should go here.
    - HTC Nexus One you should go here.

Important notes
    • 32A users with SPL 1.76.x should flash the Hero version! (Will be updated to v1.7.0 soon!!)
    • Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
      You can do this by doing :
      • "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
      • Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.

Features

Use the trackball (up+down) to navigate through the menu, press the trackball to select items.
    You can also use the volume keys (vol-up + vol-down) to navigate, and the CALL-ANSWER key to select items (in case your trackball is broken).

• full ADB access in recovery mode
    • Busybox v1.15.3
    • HW-Key navigation (volume keys + CALL-ANSWER) option
    • Extended menu (with keyboard-shortcuts):
      • Reboot system now :: reboot your phone
      • USB-MS Toggle :: enable/disable USB mass storage (use when the phone is connected to your PC)
      • Backup/Restore (recovery partition not included!)
        • Nand backup :: Make a Nand backup
        • Nand + ext backup :: Make a Nand + ext backup
        • Nand restore :: Restore a Nand backup
        • BART backup :: Make a BART backup (Nand + ext)
        • BART restore :: Restore latest BART backup
        • Bck Google files :: Makes a backup of the Google proprietary system files in /cache/google
        • Rst Google files :: Restores the Google proprietary system files from /cache/google
      • Flash zip from sdcard :: Flash a zip update file from your sdcard
      • Wipe
        • Wipe data/factory reset :: Wipe /data and /cache
        • Wipe cache :: Wipe /cache only
        • Wipe Dalvik-cache :: Wipe /cache/dalvik-cache
        • Wipe SD:ext partition : Wipe the ext partition on your sdcard
        • Wipe battery stats : Wipe the battery stats in /data
        • Wipe rotate settings : Wipe the sensor settings in /data
      • Partition sdcard
        • Partition SD :: Interactive SD partitioning
        • Repair SD:ext :: Repair the ext partition
        • SD:ext2 to ext3 :: Convert ext2 to ext3
        • SD:ext3 to ext4 :: Convert ext3 to ext4
      • Other
        • Fix apk uid mismatches :: Does extacly that
        • Move recovery.log to SD :: Moves the recovery log file to your sdcard. (Use when you want more detailed recovery log information)
      • Power off :: Powers off your phone
    • Scripts available via adb :

Install

• There are several ways to install a custom recovery, choose the one that suits you most (I probably forgot a few).
    • You don't need to enter "mount -a" if your partitions are already mounted.
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

via fastboot :
    • Requires engineerings SPL!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to a location where fastboot can find it.
    Boot your G1 into fastboot mode (boot while holding BACK)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    fastboot devices (to make sure that fastboot "sees" your device)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via adb :
    • Requires a custom recovery (with test-keys) like Cyanogen's v1.4 or my previous recovery
    • Do NOT follow these steps from a terminal application on the phone, make sure that you've booted into a custom recovery first!!!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    Boot into your current custom recovery (boot while holding HOME)
    Connect your G1 via usb to your pc/mac/...
    adb shell
    #mount -a (this can give back an error if you don't have an ext partition, don't worry about it and just proceed)
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

via terminal application installed on the phone :
    • Requires root
      [*]DO NOT use this method with CM5.0.7, there are currently some memory issues while flashing, use the above methods (preferably the fastboot method) instead until the issue is fixed in CM5.0.7!
    Code:
    Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img to the root of your sdcard
    start the terminal app
    #flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.7.0G.img

Download

• ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the zip isn't corrupted.
    • Click on the Mirror-link if you don't like rapidshare
    • Use the H/G version if your Magic is HTC branded (PVT 32A board)/Google branded (PVT 32B board).

Change-log :

v1.7.0
    Code:
    - Fixed some minor bugs
    - Recovery and scripts use /sd-ext instead of /system/sd as mountpoint to support the new apps2sd method (implemented mostly by Chris Soyars)
    - Added an option to backup/restore Google proprietary Android system files (backuptool.sh written by Cyanogen)
    - Removed "move apps2sd"-option as it's not needed anymore with the new apps2sd method
    - Updated BART to v1.3.1 (updated by Dumfuq to support /sd-ext)
    - Added a wipe cache only option
    - Nandroid now backups/restores /cache again by default
    - Dalvik-cache wipes /cache/dalvik-cache now
    - Removed SDCARD: prefix in output when chosing zip to flash
    - Added Cyan version (There's no difference with the normal version, only the wallpaper and textcolor changed)

v1.6.2
    Code:
    - Added power off menu item
    - New unyaffs binary patched by Koushik Dutta and Packetlss to fix the "losing root"-issue and incorrect file-time after a Nandroid restore
    - New dump_image binary (by Brainaid) patched by Packetlss to fix the "bad blocks"- Nandroid restore issue.
    [COLOR="Red"][B](This will not fix old corrupted Nandroid backups! Please make new backups!!)[/B][/COLOR]
    - New mkyaffs2image binary
    - New flash_image binary
    - Updated busybox to v1.5.3
    - Nandroid menu options will NOT backup or restore recovery, cache, misc, splash1+2 (to avoid issues)
    - Fixed wipe option not wiping when ext was not present
    - Created carebear versions after the idea of packetlss
    - Switched the Nexus logo to a Green Carebear with Nexus One logo (Thanks Montalbert!)

Special thanks to :
    • packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
    • Koushik Dutta for the unyaffs binary code fix and help ^^
    • pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid :)
    • Bkmo for his utility script!
    • Devsk for his switchrom script!
    • 51dusty for his sdparted script!
    • k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
    • Devsk, Dumfuq, Overground for creating BART :D
    • Androidappcritics for the reboot idea in BART :p
    • rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.
    • MLIGN for the idea to port my recovery to the Dream.
    • http://theunlockr.com for all the awesome video’s ^^
    • JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
    Links in OP for 1.7.0 recoveries have been updated.
    I think its because the stock spl has signiture checking on. Change the spl though and...
    But there says "Only flash recovery-RA-hero-v1.6.2.img if you have a 32A Sapphire with 6.35.x.x radio and 1.76.x SPL, recovery-RA-hero-v1.7.0.1.img will NOT boot! I'll create a new Sapphire version soon."
    Thanks.
    Hello! Anyone who wants to get this recovery in 2022(and beyond) go here: 1pwn.ixmoe.com/websites/android.vslinux.net/downloads/recoveries/index.html
    There are H and G versions, as well as many interesting (e.g. CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for HTC Desire A8181)