D710 Source Code Released!

Search This thread

jaybizza

Feb 12, 2011
West Haven, CT
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Please help us!!!

Wow Doomlord..You make it sound so EZ!!! I've been trying everything and anything..I dont wanna Hard Brick this thing cause I know I'd have to wait,who knows how long seeing that they are on Back Order!!

daneurysm

Jun 13, 2010
Wow Doomlord..You make it sound so EZ!!! I've been trying everything and anything..I dont wanna Hard Brick this thing cause I know I'd have to wait,who knows how long seeing that they are on Back Order!!

It is that easy. It's just that getting R/W access to /system may or may not be trivial. I haven't tried yet, I'm still getting used to this ginormous screen in my pocket....It is a little disorienting, and I'm coming from an E3D lol.

I'm from HTC so I don't have any familiarity with how this works...

does the "update.zip" (based on model number or other identifier) method work for anything? Since the bootloader isn't "locked" (crypto-signed) does that mean that update.zip's (or their equivalent) signature's aren't crypto-signed...or signed at all?

If the security is that lax, well, it is a matter of minutes until any one of us walks right into root....by accident

Blu3Fr0g

Rooting & Security

If this is not the right thread to ask this in, I apologize as I am not trying to hijack this thread. That being said, I am new to Android having only had my Samsung View 4g since its release and my new Epic Touch since last night. I have read several news articles that have indicated that a rooted device somehow is less secure then a stock device and I am wondering if this is true and if there is a way to have Root access and still remain secure or if this is just another thing the non-tech media are over hyping?

sonicfreak360

Aug 19, 2010
If this is not the right thread to ask this in, I apologize as I am not trying to hijack this thread. That being said, I am new to Android having only had my Samsung View 4g since its release and my new Epic Touch since last night. I have read several news articles that have indicated that a rooted device somehow is less secure then a stock device and I am wondering if this is true and if there is a way to have Root access and still remain secure or if this is just another thing the non-tech media are over hyping?
They are over-hyping it, you have nothing to fear unless you actually are looking for an app to mess up your phone. Root access has an app called superuser which lets you control which apps can use root access to the system or not. Don't worry, its safe!

darkpoe

Nov 5, 2008
update.zips

update zips are signed updates from like samsung, we either can apply zips in CWM, which has been pushed to epic either via ADB originally or via ODIN and flashing a TAR to a partition :D Odin makes the world go around and around for noncrippled samsungs :D (im pointing at the replenish my mom has)

Top Liked Posts