[ROM] D802 KitKat Manual Update with Root

Search This thread

leegreggs

Sep 16, 2010
Flashed as per instructions . On my uk d802 , booted first time and is rooted and running smooth and indeed faster than 4.2.2

Thanks for all the work

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Flashed as per instructions . On my uk d802 , booted first time and is rooted and running smooth and indeed faster than 4.2.2

Edit 16GB version

Thanks for all the work

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Glad it's working.

Enjoy rooted kitkat everyone.

Thanks for all the work

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Hid3rs

Dec 27, 2013
Could anyone who flashed this check battery stats? Unfortunately, bluetooth is draining battery and it's not even turned on.

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Do a hard reset before setting up phone. I had same issue, did hard reset and it seems to be cleared up.

By this you mean boot into the recovery and do it? :)

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

By this you mean boot into the recovery and do it? :)

EDIT:

ROM has touch issues :( noo :/ D802 :/

Still the same after hard reset :(

Do I need to flash JB back now :/ I guess ill just try again. Confused and gutted.

Last edited:

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
If you are running linux can someone do this please

adb shell
su
ls -l -R -a >/sdcard/print.txt

and then upload the print.txt file on SD card so I can download it.

If you are having touch issues then please state what model phone...not just d802, more info if there.

Some have touch issues and some do not...will help to narrow it down.

GTMoraes

Dec 3, 2010
Recife
Weird. I cannot get network on my phone. Wifi works OK, but the mobile network just says "Service disabled". What's up?

LG G2 D80x (D805, everything from D802 works)

----

oh, it flashes a modem. It might be it. I'll flash a D805 modem

----

well crap. How do I install my recovery back? Same usual method?

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
If you are running linux can someone do this please

adb shell
su
ls -l -R -a >/sdcard/print.txt

and then upload the print.txt file on SD card so I can download it.

If you are having touch issues then please state what model phone...not just d802, more info if there.

Some have touch issues and some do not...will help to narrow it down.

All I know is that It's D802, Unlocked, 16GB and was running Pardus HD ROM. Sorry :/

Last edited:

motomoto00

Last edited:

GTMoraes

Dec 3, 2010
Recife
I'm feeling stupid. I can't find a proper LG Flashtool nor the right 4.2.2 KDZ for the LG G2.

Can someone point them to me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER - I am not to blame if you screw up your phone. Proceed at your own risk. This is for 16GB model

Web Presence:
    Twitter
    Google+

ROM:
    Stock KitKat D800 manual install with Root.

You will lose custom recovery! You will need to downgrade if you want custom recovery and be able to flash custom ROMs.

Some models may have touch input issues. If so you will need to restore to stock. Search thread to see if your model will have issues. It may also depend on model and country.

This ROM is from the German Vodafone KDZ.

List of confirmed models and country:
    D802 16GB UK

This list is new and more models will be added when confirmed. If your model not on list it does not mean it will not work. You will have to try yourself or search through thread.

You will also need to downgrade, return to stock using the LG Flashtool and the proper KDZ file for your phone. You may find more info about returning to stock in the General G2 section.

Download ROM and SuperSU.

Downloads:
    SuperSU HERE

ROM HERE
    ROM Name D802_Stock_KK.zip - MD5 a5e62b21bb26dc84a59ed665add906a7

Mirror
    ROM HERE
    ROM Name D802_Stock_KK.zip - MD5 8356199d4e0f5b79dfdee46844ba79cf

Thanks to @Nobodys_me for the mirrors below.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Fyze04ydPlZWRjazVKcTI0bms/edit

https://mega.co.nz/#!F8NzBYYB!u39t7R4Yw2N1jcKTFlaVR7yKhWqaAx4RPdhwLc49KRE

Instructions
    Wipe system, cache, data and dalvik cache. If you do not you may have issues.

Flash ROM - You need a custom recovery and will lose custom recovery after update.
    DO NOT REBOOT
    Flash SuperSU

If you get an error with flashing about loki then do not worry. ROM is ok and will boot. It just can't add loki to boot.img so it gives error but no big deal.

If you boot loop than doing a factory reset in recovery my fix it.

Reboot and Enjoy KK with Root :)

@bullghost for his awesome firmware extract tool.
    @Chainfire for SuperSU.
    @bigfua for the tot.
    i Make One For d802 16GB 100% No Bootloop i well upload it soon i just want remove some S**** in the rom and add some stuff
    Some improvements and changes which i noticed , few of them have been mentioned before , compiling them all -

1. Pretty noticable speed improvement all over the whole UI , Opening apps is much faster , and KNOCK ON works much faster , loading and browser speed is faster than before
    2. All Wifi problems are gone , download speed is a bit better , there is much more stability and improved network strength, push notifications are instant now on screen off (stand by) , which was a issue i faced on jellybean ,
    3. You can now press anywhere on an empty area on the pulled down notification panel to pull it back upwards , as opposed to jellybean in which we had to touch the lower portion to pull it back upwards, thus now there is an added convenience
    4. When u pull down the notification panel, The time and date is now mentioned on the top of the notification bar along with the setting menu which is also now moved to top
    5. Miracast works better now , there is a smoothness in screen mirroring now , probably due to the kitkat wifi driver , less lag and more stabilty again
    6. No ART in developers option
    7. Wireless printing is now in the settings menu
    8. Now there is full transparency on the notification panel and the navigation bar , no matter what launcher u use , (am using the google now launcher, works perfect)
    9. Significant improvement in battery life , more screen on time and better charging time
    10. For the with the bug on auto brightness , its fixed now
    11.The GPS setting on the quick panel settings is now replaced with "LOCATION" consisting of high accuracy,device only, power saving options for battery management and accuracy
    12. Quadrant score has dropped a bit , but in actuall use ..device works better
    13. immersion mode works on a few apps , comes handy
    14. Adobe flash broken (an old kitkat issue) can be resolved by using dolphin browser and a patched flash.apk, search google for more info

I will update if i find something more :)

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
    1- DONT INSTALL THIS, IT TOTALLY DOESNT WORK.
    - SCREEN BUG.
    - IMPOSIBLE TO UNBRICK ( by lg home ).
    - IMPOSIBLE TO DO ANYTHING.

CLOSE THIS ****ING TREAD, AND REMOVE IT,
    untill we see MORE BRICKE DEVICES, untill the OP PUSHES
    MORE INFO AND A SECURE METHOD TO INSTALL..
    I think in updater-scrit is wrong

package_extract_file("tz.bin", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/tz");

in flashable fils has tz.img

Let me look and I will fix it up. That might be causing the issues. Sorry guys!!!

OK that seems to be the issue and I am uploading file now. I am also using a mirror. Sorry guys.

Can we get a list of models on which this worked?