[Q] software update and imei loss

Search This thread

jason merhej

Mar 23, 2014
hey all i have a ROOTED note 2 GT-n7100 bought with android 4.3 when i downgraded it to 4.1.1 i lost the imei, took a week to fix it anw now i have 4.1.1 on it and its annoying i wanna go back to 4.3.

okay so if i back up the efs/imei and unrooting it and updated it to 4.3, in case of losing the imei again can i just restore the efs file and everything will be normal ? or it donsent work that way ?

(gonna update it via odin cant thru ota cause my phone is modified)

im using efs backup restore for backup, and if someone can provide me with jb 4.3 and thx :D

bekasulaberidze

Account currently disabled
May 17, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
hey all i have a ROOTED note 2 GT-n7100 bought with android 4.3 when i downgraded it to 4.1.1 i lost the imei, took a week to fix it anw now i have 4.1.1 on it and its annoying i wanna go back to 4.3.

okay so if i back up the efs/imei and unrooting it and updated it to 4.3, in case of losing the imei again can i just restore the efs file and everything will be normal ? or it donsent work that way ?

im using efs backup restore for backup, and if someone can provide me with jb 4.3 and thx :D

when you are upgrading your phone via Odin as normal you will not loose efs

Reactions: jason merhej

Baller231

Apr 7, 2014

Can you please tell how did you fix your IMEI problem ?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune

You'll not get any problem if you flash a proper rom on your device for upgrading, but backing up the efs is always advised.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Flash your proper official rom (Download it from Sammobile.com or Sampro.pl), After flashing, go directly to Recovery menu (By pressing Vol up + Menu and then Power key) and hit >>"Wipe data and cache"<< it'd get your IMEI back.

Reactions: Baller231

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

when you are upgrading your phone via Odin as normal you will not loose efs

You'll not get any problem if you flash a proper rom on your device for upgrading, but backing up the efs is always advised.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Flash your proper official rom (Download it from Sammobile.com or Sampro.pl), After flashing, go directly to Recovery menu (By pressing Vol up + Menu and then Power key) and hit >>"Wipe data and cache"<< it'd get your IMEI back.