[ROM] Bluetooth Tether ROM for Omate TrueSmart 1.1.1 [2014-04-25]

Search This thread

lirona

Feb 24, 2008
Hi,
This ROM is very good to me, I love it very much.
How can I get the Watch faces that was on the watch before?
Thanks and have a good day,
Arie.

Bushrod

May 25, 2006
Derp. Thought it wasn't working but I had forgotten to enable on phone! Working great!

I'm using Button Savior for onscreen back and settings soft keys to replace the swipes.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
That's why. Tmo doesn't allow tethering on stock Rom.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Charlie_Brown84

Apr 3, 2014
Camera not working

Does anyone have issues with camera being rotated? I reinstalled factory reset clear dalvik. Am I missing something?

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I tether using T-Mobile on the $30 5gig prepaid card on my nexus devices. There was no check prior to KitKat, but there is a simple non-root workaround even for KitKat.

That is probably what the problem with the Note3 was though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nkognegr0

Mar 19, 2006
hiphopthugz.com
my plan comes with tethering included so that cant be true and i dot use stock roms! also there is a guy with a sony z1 who has same issue. i put a aosp rom on and it did work just not for very long.

Nofearz

Aug 14, 2008
Booting into Recovery/Backing Up

Ok I tried not to bother anyone and so I have read the threads and followed many of the steps in the forums but I am not having any luck. First how do you boot into recovery mode on the Omate? Second I was trying to do a backup using TWRP but cannot do it using the GooManager and apparently I do not have root access even though I have a developers edition. Last when connected to my laptop (Windows XP) two drives show up but I cannot access them...any ideas. Apologies for such the newb questions.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
From the sounds of it you have not owned an Android device before and have not followed the information regarding the TrueSmart and other x201 smartwatches.

No TrueSmart comes rooted. Not the Regular Editions, the Developer Editions or even the production prototypes.

Connecting to your PC and accessing on board storage and SDCard;
  1. Connect device to PC
  2. On device either a "Turn On USB Storage" option will pop up or check the notification bar
  3. Turn on USB storage on the device
  4. You now have access to the storage areas on the device using your computer.

Installing TWRP;
The easiest way for newcomers will be to flash the EnSec Patch

Rebooting into recovery;
Disable "Quick Boot"
Turn off device
Hold down both buttons
An option list will pop up on the bottom of the screen
Hit the power button (this will get you into recovery)

Reactions: sickysickybrah

Nofearz

Aug 14, 2008
Lokifish,

You are correct I am not to great with the android devices but I am working on it. I was able to do the mass storage, was able to flash your Ensec Patch...which you say installs TWRP. Now I hit both buttons during power off and get the Recovery mode screen but when I hit the power button it just turns off and doesn't turn back on. I am trying to install the Bluetooth tether Rom but to no evail. I have the zip file in the main directory...should it be somewhere else and is there a reason I cannot boot into recovery mode? Thank again and I have been following these forums for a while and know ho much you help the community...Thanks again!

From the sounds of it you have not owned an Android device before and have not followed the information regarding the TrueSmart and other x201 smartwatches.

No TrueSmart comes rooted. Not the Regular Editions, the Developer Editions or even the production prototypes.

Connecting to your PC and accessing on board storage and SDCard;
  1. Connect device to PC
  2. On device either a "Turn On USB Storage" option will pop up or check the notification bar
  3. Turn on USB storage on the device
  4. You now have access to the storage areas on the device using your computer.

Installing TWRP;
The easiest way for newcomers will be to flash the EnSec Patch

Rebooting into recovery;
Disable "Quick Boot"
Turn off device
Hold down both buttons
An option list will pop up on the bottom of the screen
Hit the power button (this will get you into recovery)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nofearz

Aug 14, 2008
Recovery Mode

Lokifish thanks again. So is there a reason why my watch will not go into recovery mode and just stays powered off? I am guessing that is the reason it will not open the Bluetooth zip file that I have installed in the main directory.

Tilton53

Jan 10, 2008
my plan comes with tethering included so that cant be true and i dot use stock roms! also there is a guy with a sony z1 who has same issue. i put a aosp rom on and it did work just not for very long.

I use t-mobile and can tether, the problem is that the bluetooth is very unstable on the watch.

Nofearz

Aug 14, 2008
Cannot Access System Settings

Ok I was able to flash my omate with the new blutooth rom but I really did like it o I reflashed my device back to factory rom using the guides posted. I then installed Lokifish Ensecpatch and everything seems to be working but for some odd reason there s no setting icon and when I swipe down to acess setting though th other way all it does it close out and I am not able to access any of y settings...any ideas? I trying to learn so apologies if this has been posted somewhere else.

syounger64

Mar 25, 2012
@lokifish...I was going thru a similar process like nofearz that's when my omate power button stopped working so I'm fwondering if its possible that the omate power button became disabled by software or option? I can do charging on mine and even reflash it back to original stock. What exactly does pressing both buttons do? I just think having no reset button on the watch and making only one way to power on the watch is really not a smart design unless someone knows something that I don't. I really do appreciate your support as well as others in this forum to have brought the watch for everyone this far.

jdommer

Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
Hi,
Why we don't have the Ostore (Omate store)on this ROM?

Thanks,
Arie.

At a guess, because unless things have changed, the oStore contains only broken apps, apps without descriptions and copies of apps available from the play store. Is there something specific you are looking for from the oStore?

jd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changes for 1.1.1:
    -Fix issues with being unable to reconnect after a disconnect -- no more needing to reboot after a disconnect
    -Fix issue where the check box needed to connect to another device would not show up sometimes
    -Fixed a blank toast message that was trying to report a disconnect, now shows a proper error message
    -Updated boot logo to one with the teamwin text
    1.1.1 is currently only being released as a patch to apply on top of an existing 1.0.0 install.
    If you are already running 1.0.0, simply install the update zip. No wiping is needed for the update.
    If you don't have my ROM installed right now, you will need to factory reset, install both the 1.0.0 zip followed by the 1.1.1 zip.
    There is only one update zip for all models.
    We need someone who has a 1GB/8GB/2100MHz model to contact us and supply a boot image from this model of device so that we can offer a properly working boot.img.
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

What this ROM does not have:
    -Gestures for back and menu do not work out of he box (there's an Xposed module that you can install to enable them that is free in the Play Store or another app that does not need Xposed documented further down in this post)
    -Status bar does not hide itself
    -Home + Power does not take a screenshot (Xposed can add screenshot options to the power menu)
    -No companion mode that lets you receive calls, texts -- use SWApp Link free in the Play Store for this
    -AGPS assistance data doesn't download by default. Use GPS Status and Toolbox to download it instead. GPS is confirmed working.
    -Camera is rotated 90 degrees
    -If you open the camera app and press the button to use the non-existant front facing camera, the app will FC. You will have to clear app data on the camera app to use the camera again.
    -Many APNs are not included. You might have to add yours manually. This is a tethering ROM, not intended to be used with a SIM card.
    -Some of the numbers on the stock dialer are not accessible - may be able to fix this with xposed and change the app's dpi.

What this ROM does have that stock Omate does not:
    -Fully working native Bluetooth tethering to your phone including push notifications
    -Fully working settings app including the ability to delete and change account settings
    -Already has EnSec and build prop tweaks
    -SuperSU

This is built using some MTK 6572 source for a different device. As such some things will be a lot different and that is the reason that items like the gestures for back and menu do not work.

You do not have to start with a stock ROM. This ROM will completely replace your existing system and boot/kernel.

Download the correct zip for your device. If you don't see your model listed, contact us and DO NOT install:
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Install TWRP if you haven't and make a backup of your existing System, Data, and Boot
    Factory reset
    Install zip and reboot. First boot will take longer than usual
    On first boot you will see the Welcome screen. Tap in the 4 corners of the app itself (not including the status bar) in a clockwise fashion (see here).
    On your phone, turn on Bluetooth, enable Bluetooth tethering, and make your phone visible for pairing
    On the watch, open settings. If you don't have a SIM card in the watch, go to more and check the box for airplane mode.
    Turn on Bluetooth, find and pair with your phone.
    Click on the Settings icon to the right of your phone's name (this is on the watch) Tap on Internet access.
    Enjoy!

You will probably want to install Xposed:
    You'll probably want to download All in one gestures from the Play Store.
    Open Xposed Installer in app drawer, tap on Frameworks. Tap Install/Update. Grant root rights.
    Still in Xposed, hit Ok after the install is done. Press the back button (icon in the upper left will also go back). Click on Modules. Check the box for GravityBox and All in one gestures (and probably any other modules).
    Still in Xposed, hit back, Frameworks. Scroll down and reboot. Click Okay.
    After reboot, open app drawer and find GravityBox, scroll down to Power tweaks. Check the top box for Advanced reboot menu and the box for Screenshot.
    Open the All in one gestures app. Tap on the Swipe tab. Enable it. Scroll down to Left Area and tap on it. Choose Menu. Scroll down and tap on Right Area and choose Back.
    Click on the All in one gestures icon in the upper left to slide open the menu. Tap on Transparency & Color. Slide the second slider all the way to the left to get rid of the glowing icons on the left and right.
    You now have screen shot capability and have restored the stock gestures.

Press and hold power. Press Reboot. Press Reboot. Press OK.

Other recommended apps:
    PNF or Push Notifications Fixer - You can use this app to change the frequency that the watch pings Google. When your phone changes connections (e.g. mobile network to Wi-Fi) the framework notifies all apps including apps like Hangouts that the connection has changed so that those apps can reconnect and get push notifications. Unfortunately your phone will not tell your watch when connections change. This app will help you start getting push notifications sooner after a connection change.
    GMD Gesture Control - The free version can add a back button gesture. You'll have to buy the paid version to get the menu gesture back.
    If you install Xposed framework, you can install this free module called All in one gestures and tweak it to enable gestures for the back and menu buttons.

Notes:

Bluetooth tethering had to be slowed down quite a bit to prevent the driver from crashing. We've slowed it down by setting the tcp buffer sizes really low. You can change the values of net.tcp.buffersize.bt to tweak it if you like. The crash seems to be kernel level or maybe even chip / hardware level.
    Bluetooth on MTK is somewhat unstable. If it disconnects due to a driver crash, you may have to reboot the device to get Bluetooth working again. With version 1.1.1, you can probably just reconnect without having to reboot.
    I am very busy. I probably won't have time to provide much support for this ROM. I don't owe you anything. If you don't like this ROM, I'll refund your full purchase price of free.

Special thanks to @Lokifish Marz @AdamOutler @toastcfh and @kuronosan
    Backup of firmware

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B099RU3-XRVgZ2dHZUd3SDd3eG8/edit?usp=sharing

Baseband: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
    Kernel: 3.4.5
    OUI: 2.1
    Build: Omate_TrueSmart_20140513.103530_V2.0
    Tweaked APKs

I used this ROM as a basis for a custom ROM for the Abardeen F80, with success. Thanks a lot to Dees_Troy and others who contributed to this ROM, because fixing problems in the stock F80 ROM was hopeless.

I made layout tweaks to several APKs that can be back-ported to this ROM, so I thought I'd share them here.
    • Contacts.apk: optimized the layout of the dialer, resolution tweak is no longer needed.
    • Phone.apk: similar fix for in-call dial pad.
    • MtkBt.apk: taken from the F80 ROM. This one adds support for Bluetooth input devices. I didn't test tethering, but when comparing with the original, I am pretty sure this one only adds features without removing any.
    • SoundRecorder.apk: now usable without resolution tweaks.
    • SetupWizard.apk: made the ‘start’ button accessible so the wizard can be used normally.
    • framework-res.apk: improved lock screen layouts (especially pattern lock).

The APKs can be swapped on a live ROM if you know what you are doing, but the safest way is to make the modifications in the system image and re-flash it, and purge the Dalvik cache. Of course, use at your own risk.

I also found a way to make OOM settings stick: because something seems to overwrite them after init.d, do the call in a ‘delayed fork’. Add this to the end of /etc/init.d/99loki:

Code:
    (
    sleep 30;
    echo "4096,8192,16384,32768,49152,65536" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree;
    ) &