[Q] Issues SIM Unlocking Metro PCS GS3 T999N

Search This thread

locorecto

Jul 17, 2009
I have bought a service to get an Unlock Code for my Samsung Galaxy S3 T999N which is SIM Locked by Metro PCS. They provided me with some 4 codes: NETWORK, PROVIDER, SUBPROVIDER, DEFREEZE.

When I turn on my phone with a non-metropcs sim, the phone prompts: "PIN to unlock SIM service provider" so I put the PROVIDER code that I got from FATSGSM after hitting "Unlock" I get the following message: "unable to unlock sim service provider"

What is wrong? Could the PIN provided by this service be wrong?

Just an FYI, I am outside the US right now.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Ok. Im not certain about it, but it might be required for the initial unlock. Hopefully someone else can say for sure.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

locorecto

Jul 17, 2009
Ok. Im not certain about it, but it might be required for the initial unlock. Hopefully someone else can say for sure.

Thanks for reply to my post.

This might not be true because if you have the Metro PCS sim card inside, you will not get the unlock box. You only get the box to put the unlock code in when you put a non-MetroPCS sim card.

Can anyone corroborate this information?

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Thanks for reply to my post.

This might not be true because if you have the Metro PCS sim card inside, you will not get the unlock box. You only get the box to put the unlock code in when you put a non-MetroPCS sim card.

Can anyone corroborate this information?

He means it may need to be activated with the carrier first in order to be unlocked.. Some phones do require this.. You can try the region unlock app but I'm not sure if it works with s3

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I used it when I got my replacement S3 a while back and it said the unlock was successful. I have no way to test if it really was or if it also SIM unlocked though. I wouldnt expect it to do so, but in my experience, it is safe to try.