[Q] one hell of a brick :(

Search This thread

nabilbek

Feb 7, 2012
power button is broken.
Flashed an odin stock (tried multiple) and I m still getting stuck on samsung logo
with no power button, I cant get to recovery to wipe/reset :(
any ideas boys?
ordered the replacement power switch but it's a long wait for it to reach me. I not in the US currently :(

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
power button is broken.
Flashed an odin stock (tried multiple) and I m still getting stuck on samsung logo
with no power button, I cant get to recovery to wipe/reset :(
any ideas boys?
ordered the replacement power switch but it's a long wait for it to reach me. I not in the US currently :(

http://youtu.be/pqBgbN8NLjI

sounds crazy , but i did this to my sons t989 a year ago and still working-might be worth a try

Reactions: nabilbek

nabilbek

Feb 7, 2012
you know, unless you have a touch recovery , getting there wont help with a bad power button

yep ... using latest twrp
but I dont think there is a way into recovery if you are unable to boot the phone and no power button :(
I need something like a odin flashable tar that wipes cache /resets (because this usually fixes the stuck on logo)

D

Darth

yep ... using latest twrp
but I dont think there is a way into recovery if you are unable to boot the phone and no power button :(
I need something like a odin flashable tar that wipes cache /resets (because this usually fixes the stuck on logo)
flashing anything with a fluky power button is very hazardous. If it goes off in the middle of something, your device could be toast.

I'd get it fixed before doing anything. if it can't be fixed....phone shopping time! [emoji106]

nabilbek

Feb 7, 2012
flashing anything with a fluky power button is very hazardous. If it goes off in the middle of something, your device could be toast.

I'd get it fixed before doing anything. if it can't be fixed....phone shopping time! [emoji106]

I ordered a new power switch but I am bad at waiting :(

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
I am aware and have adb. thing is phone is bricked after last update (stuck at logo)
so i can only get into download mode ....wish there was a way to get from download to recovery but I cant find any
without the use of the power button ofc ...

sorry man, hope the button install goes well

ovenbird

Jun 18, 2014
hmm

sorry man, hope the button install goes well

i have the same exact problem minus my power button, it works normal

and i get firmware upgrade encountered an issue

i get that screen when i normal boot it, try recovery, or download mode, everything results to firmware upgrade encountered an issue

not sure if i should post here with this or not, just letting you know

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014

i get that screen when i normal boot it, try recovery, or download mode, everything results to firmware upgrade encountered an issue

i guess the question is, can you get your phone to download mode...

ovenbird

Jun 18, 2014
download mode

i guess the question is, can you get your phone to download mode...

it reaches download mode no matter what i do ( the firmware error is in the download mode )

the problem is while in download mode nothing recognizes it ( its not normal download mode )

Im getting this :

I cant post links but this is the image i can send you

cdn.droidviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Firmware-upgrade-encountered-an-issue jpg

put a DOT in there

Reactions: Fasted12

Fasted12

Jan 28, 2014
it reaches download mode no matter what i do ( the firmware error is in the download mode )

the problem is while in download mode nothing recognizes it ( its not normal download mode )

Im getting this :

I cant post links but this is the image i can send you

cdn.droidviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Firmware-upgrade-encountered-an-issue jpg

put a DOT in there

if kies wont recognize, nor will odin-i dont know--try reposting maybe get some new views, sorry

nabilbek

Feb 7, 2012

this happened with me once. long long time ago
But I swear I cant remember why
here try this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbAJH_mL6N4

another well explained guide for solving using kies : http://androidcentral.us/2013/09/how-to-fix-firmware-upgrade-encountered-an-issue-on-kies/

Last edited:
Reactions: ovenbird
D

Darth

In case anyone doesn't know.....Odin won't see your device if kies is running. You need to kill the kies process. Make sure there's no mention of it in windows task manager.

Then, if your drivers are installed right....Odin should see your phone.

Also, I've always had the best luck with Odin 3.04.

:)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Or uninstall kies... I never once used it for anything. ;)

nabilbek

Feb 7, 2012
In case anyone doesn't know.....Odin won't see your device if kies is running. You need to kill the kies process. Make sure there's no mention of it in windows task manager.

Then, if your drivers are installed right....Odin should see your phone.

Also, I've always had the best luck with Odin 3.04.

:)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Or uninstall kies... I never once used it for anything. ;)

exactly ... kies is utter ****!
I would never recommend it too. A pure waste of time

D

Darth

Also, see what your phone shows as in windows device manager. If its listed with an "!" on it....the drivers may need to be reinstalled. If windows doesn't see it correctly, either will Odin. ?

ovenbird

Jun 18, 2014
Problem solved, I reinstalled drivers.

That simple.

Thanks for the video btw, I even added the guy from youtube channel :p

Top Liked Posts