[Q ]Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 not working properly

Search This thread

tkruijer

Feb 15, 2011
I have a problem with my International I9505. Someones posted this thread on androidcentral with exactly the same issues as me(but he posted it in the T-Mobile section:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ung-galaxy-s4-i9505-not-working-properly.html

Issues :(:

• No audio at all
  • Video freezes, or cannot play
  • Audio cannot play (i tried Google Music, Samsungs stock MP3 player and VK(vkontakte).
  • Cannot make phonecalls. The screen freezes when I try to call someone. When someone calls me, I can't answer. The screen freezes...
  • I tried different roms and different kernels. Nothing seemed to solve the problem

I have flashed roms for years, but have never seen this before. Could it be a hardware problem?!

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly apriciated.:good:

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I have a problem with my International I9505. Someones posted this thread on androidcentral with exactly the same issues as me(but he posted it in the T-Mobile section:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ung-galaxy-s4-i9505-not-working-properly.html

• No audio at all
  • Audio cannot play (i tried Google Music, Samsungs stock MP3 player and VK(vkontakte).
  • Cannot make phonecalls. The screen freezes when I try to call someone. When someone calls me, I can't answer. The screen freezes...
  • I tried different roms and different kernels. Nothing seemed to solve the problem

I have flashed roms for years, but have never seen this before. Could it be a hardware problem?!

Tell me if your On new bootloader or not? Go to download mode and check if it says Knox Warranty Void that means your in Newbootloader , if you dont see any Knox void that means your on old bootloader, follow this instruction Download which bootloader you have and extract the file , and download via odin.that should fix your problem. Remember to Turn off your phone manually before flashing via odin.

If you are having the old bootloader XXUB flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/48r0rgqv25s8968/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUBMH1.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

Reactions: tkruijer

tkruijer

Feb 15, 2011
Tell me if your On new bootloader or not? Go to download mode and check if it says Knox Warranty Void that means your in Newbootloader , if you dont see any Knox void that means your on old bootloader, follow this instruction Download which bootloader you have and extract the file , and download via odin.that should fix your problem. Remember to Turn off your phone manually before flashing via odin.

If you are having the old bootloader XXUB flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/48r0rgqv25s8968/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUBMH1.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

If you are having the new bootloader XXUD flash http://www.mediafire.com/download/zriv6i5c01lqns6/GSM_Modem_XXUEMFK_and_LTE_Modem_XXUMFK.rar file with odin by selecting phone.

Thank you for your quick reply!

In download mode it says the following:

• KNOX Kernel Lock: 0X0
  • KNOX WARANTY VOID: 0X1

Does this mean i'm on the new bootloader?

helterskelter47

Feb 4, 2014
manchanshort

It works, thanks for saving my phone! :D
Hello all
Hi tkruijer
I have the same problem but I'm new to the rooted phones and have managed to end up with the same problem as you, I have followed a few root walkthroughs via youtube and websites like this one and manage to root my phone to 4.3 which worked fine for a few days and then calls started to end and shut my phone down then all video and audio went I then used 4.4.2 this also works fine but no sound.... could you please perhaps do me a idiots guide on what to do as I am at a loss with out my phone :[

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hello all
Hi tkruijer
I have the same problem but I'm new to the rooted phones and have managed to end up with the same problem as you, I have followed a few root walkthroughs via youtube and websites like this one and manage to root my phone to 4.3 which worked fine for a few days and then calls started to end and shut my phone down then all video and audio went I then used 4.4.2 this also works fine but no sound.... could you please perhaps do me a idiots guide on what to do as I am at a loss with out my phone :[

The answer is already there .

Reactions: helterskelter47

helterskelter47

Feb 4, 2014

Ok so you have just posted me back to the same posts, what I am saying is I need a complete guide as what to do because I used the bootloader with a fresh install or rom? that still don't work. I really have no idea I can keep installing different roms but I need help from the start to finish.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

What I am saying is I could really do with a guide from holding down the vol up power and home letting go of power and going into standard android system recovery for a samsung gti9505 uk phone on t-mobile. for a complete newbie point of view. What files I will need what version of android to install and how to install them. I am sorry for sounding a complete Newbie but hey Newbie I Am. :p

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Ok so you have just posted me back to the same posts, what I am saying is I need a complete guide as what to do because I used the bootloader with a fresh install or rom? that still don't work. I really have no idea I can keep installing different roms but I need help from the start to finish.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

What I am saying is I could really do with a guide from holding down the vol up power and home letting go of power and going into standard android system recovery for a samsung gti9505 uk phone on t-mobile. for a complete newbie point of view. What files I will need what version of android to install and how to install them. I am sorry for sounding a complete Newbie but hey Newbie I Am. :p

Firat of all you can download the Stock rom from here Once your done downloading the rom that base from your Country/Provider . Follow the tutorial from here and thats it :) Your phone should work fine. If you give me what Stock rom you need From UK Such as BTU/EE/h3g and etc . Then i can help you with a Fast download link rather than waiting 5 to 8 hours to download from Sammobile.

Last edited:

helterskelter47

Feb 4, 2014
Firat of all you can download the Stock rom from here Once your done downloading the rom that base from your Country/Provider . Follow the tutorial from here and thats it :) Your phone should work fine. If you give me what Stock rom you need From UK Such as BTU/EE/h3g and etc . Then i can help you with a Fast download link rather than waiting 5 to 8 hours to download from Sammobile.

Many thanks I will give this a go today.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

It's saying that I am this firmware I9505XXUEMK9_I9505EVREMK1_EVR I dont see a tmobile one?
the download links dont seem to work or are very slow I would be greatful for faster link
Model: GT-I9505
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2082040
Build date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:20:53 +0000
Product Code: EVR
PDA: I9505XXUEMK9
CSC: I9505EVREMK1
MODEM: I9505XXUEMK9

Last edited:

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

It's saying that I am this firmware I9505XXUEMK9_I9505EVREMK1_EVR I dont see a tmobile one?
the download links dont seem to work or are very slow I would be greatful for faster link
Model: GT-I9505
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2082040
Build date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:20:53 +0000
Product Code: EVR
PDA: I9505XXUEMK9
CSC: I9505EVREMK1
MODEM: I9505XXUEMK9

Hello mate. Sorry for the late reply :) lol.So you need a Stock 4.3 UK EE with fast link right? Just give me 5/10 minutes ;) and atleast click the thanks button for once :p haha . Thanks

Sent from Hell ?

Last edited:
Reactions: helterskelter47

Darios 23

Mar 20, 2014
problem

Hello
I'm new to the forum. I bought the GT I9505. I have the same problem as a colleague.
I rom the http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50939044&postcount=15958
I do not know what robic.Probowalem already JB 4.3 and 4.4.2 I tried other roms. To no avail. I have a new bootloader.

KNOX Kernel Lock: 0X0
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0X1
Any advice? Other roms or kernel?
Please help and will certainly return the favor :)

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

It works, thanks for saving my phone! :D

How did you do? I have the same problem

dd909b

Feb 23, 2015
help please

hey i have the same problem i tried flashing the thing you give repulsa i used the one for the newbootloader but every time i try to flash it, it fails help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for your quick reply!

In download mode it says the following:

• KNOX Kernel Lock: 0X0
    • KNOX WARANTY VOID: 0X1

Does this mean i'm on the new bootloader?

Yea thats true so flash the file for new bootloader :)

That would be great thank you :]

Here yo go mate I9505XXUEMK9_I9505EVREMK1_EVR.zip , Goodluck flashing and have a nice day.

• No audio at all

Hello all
    Hi tkruijer

The answer is already there .