[APP][2.1+] TeslaLED 3.0 beta

Search This thread

icehot666

May 21, 2011
Fareham
Yeah keeping the screen on does seem to work - I think the difficulty is with Widget Locker, as generally you want the lock screen to time out relatively quickly, and the settings for widget locker appear to override the settings to keep the screen on in tesla..

D

Deleted member 2842059

Needs multiple brightness settings something like low medium high.

KnightCrusader

Nov 16, 2008
This is great! Finally a widget that works with my Thunderbolt's LEDs. The one I was using on my Droid 2 would sit there and look dumb, but this one works GREAT! Thanks!

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
Seems to work the same as 2.04 on my SGS Epic. I was hoping it would turn the LED on faster, But i did read what you (kevin@TeslaCoil ) said about the APIs. I Like your app But if the APIs cant make the LED turn on fast, The LED key change light has yet to lose its job to the smart phone;)

Edit. Did some testing got FC with the SOS mode.

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Mar 9, 2011
Amarillo Texas
Great app. One thing I did notice is that it stooped working for my Infuse as of yesterday. Any ideas as of why?

Sent with my Infused Infuse using XDA Premium App

Jays2Kings

Feb 19, 2011
1234 Example St.
Great app. It would be nice if the motorola widget looked like the new motoblur style
b8245310-cab5-19ca.jpg

Because one signature isn't enough.

3x4d

Jul 3, 2009
TeslaLED 3.0 beta
-----------------

It works on Xperia NEO, but first must by change settings "LED Method:" from "Auto" to "Standard".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeslaLED is an LED flashlight app for many phones. TeslaLED has been out for over a year, but TeslaLED 3.0 beta is a fresh rewrite (giving me an test bed to try some new development ideas and tools).

Features of TeslaLED:
    • LED Flashlight
    • Strobe/Morse Code
    • Keep LED on with screen off (May flicker once)
    • Different widget styles
    • Free and No ads

TeslaLED is known to work on the following devices. It may work on other devices as well, but may require changing the "LED Method" in preferences.

• Nexus One, Nexus S
    • Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Atrix
    • HTC EVO, Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, Desire, Desire HD, MyTouch 3G Slide, T-Mobile G2, Legend
    • Galaxy S II i9100
    • Galaxy S Epic and Fascinate (Strobe/Morse code do not work)
    • Galaxy Tab 7" and 10.1"
    • Xoom
    • Acer A500

I'm looking for bug reports (especially features of phones that broke since the Market version 2.0.4)

Download Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.flashlight
    http://teslacoilsw.com/android/teslaled/TeslaLED_3.0.1.apk

Note: My google-alerts show this APK spreading to pirate sites. The app is free so this isn't a big deal, but if doing so can you link back here?
    Thank you very much for this application! This was exactly what I was looking for. :)

By the way, can you tell me if I can change toggleState function (from my SystemUI.apk \ FlashlightButton.smali) so that it can directly use TeslaLED? This was linked to CyanogenMod torch (net.cactii.flash2) which is not working properly on my phone.

Code:
        const-string v5, "net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT"
        invoke-virtual {v0, v3}, Landroid/content/Context;->sendBroadcast(Landroid/content/Intent;)V

Very unique request. Actually I think I can do better. Untested as I don't have CM7 installed anywhere right now, but you can give this beta a try: https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/107603899862984674678/107603899862984674678/posts/5SKN1yRrXPP and then enable Settings > CM7 Torch Receiver ? That will have TeslaLED listen for net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT .
    Okay I've updated the OP with a link for beta3. This fixes the first-run bug some of you were experiencing. (No real need to update if you already have beta2 as it won't happen again)
    Thank you very much for this application! This was exactly what I was looking for. :)

By the way, can you tell me if I can change toggleState function (from my SystemUI.apk \ FlashlightButton.smali) so that it can directly use TeslaLED? This was linked to CyanogenMod torch (net.cactii.flash2) which is not working properly on my phone.

Code:
    .method protected toggleState()V
        .locals 6

.prologue
        const-string v5, "net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT"

.line 53
        iget-object v3, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/powerwidget/PowerButton;->mView:Landroid/view/View;

invoke-virtual {v3}, Landroid/view/View;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

.line 61
        .local v0, context:Landroid/content/Context;
        invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getPackageManager()Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;

move-result-object v2

.line 62
        .local v2, pm:Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;
        new-instance v3, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-string v4, "net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT"

invoke-direct {v3, v5}, Landroid/content/Intent;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

const/4 v4, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v2, v3, v4}, Landroid/content/pm/PackageManager;->queryBroadcastReceivers(Landroid/content/Intent;I)Ljava/util/List;

move-result-object v1

.line 64
        .local v1, l:Ljava/util/List;,"Ljava/util/List<Landroid/content/pm/ResolveInfo;>;"
        invoke-interface {v1}, Ljava/util/List;->isEmpty()Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_0

.line 65
        new-instance v3, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-string v4, "net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT"

invoke-direct {v3, v5}, Landroid/content/Intent;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V

invoke-virtual {v0, v3}, Landroid/content/Context;->sendBroadcast(Landroid/content/Intent;)V

.line 68
        :cond_0
        return-void
    .end method
    One more last request. Given that I wanted to release my ROM with your app integrated, I wished that CM7 Torch Receiver was enabled by default... I noticed that /data/data/com.teslacoilsw.flashlight/shared_prefs/Flashlight.xml does not contains that preference... :(

I didn't want it enabled by default as it could conflict weird if someone actually has the CM Torch and TeslaLED together (both would try to turn on the led). I agree that not showing on the indicator is annoying.

TeslaLED 3.0.2 now on the Market removes that option completely, but supports the TeslaLEDCM7Receiver which acts as the cactii receiver and also has the system settings permission to update the indicator: http://teslacoilsw.com/tmp/TeslaLEDCM7Receiver.apk

Source is dead simple:

Code:
    package com.teslacoilsw.teslaledcm7receiver;

import android.content.BroadcastReceiver;
    import android.content.Context;
    import android.content.Intent;
    import android.provider.Settings;

public class CactiiReceiver extends BroadcastReceiver {

@Override
        public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {
            if (intent == null)
                return;
            if ("net.cactii.flash2.TOGGLE_FLASHLIGHT".equals(intent.getAction())) {
                Intent i = new Intent("com.teslacoilsw.intent.FLASHLIGHT");
                i.putExtra("toggle", true);
                context.startService(i);
            } else if ("com.teslacoilsw.flashlight.ON".equals(intent.getAction())) {
                Settings.System.putInt(context.getContentResolver(), "torch_state", 1);
            } else if ("com.teslacoilsw.flashlight.OFF".equals(intent.getAction())) {
                Settings.System.putInt(context.getContentResolver(), "torch_state", 0);
            }
        }

}