[DISCONTINUED] Android Recovery Manager 1.2.1.0

Search This thread

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
tried downloading executable file via chrome and it says it "may" be malicious ?????
i've never seen chrome behave that way

Have you ever downloaded a rar file from chrome?
Chrome doesnt scan for malicious software..

My software is clean, it's up to you to trust me or not ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
this is what you are looking for
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193915

This program is based on my RadioSwitcher application that was used on the HTC Magic. Mumilover coded the program in Java for me and later expanded it into the FastbootCommander.

Basically FastbootCommander added the kernel/splash/full zip tabs to the existing RadioSwitcher program.

Anyway, what you are coding already exists, there is no need for you to waste time on this!

Regards,
Eyegor

Last edited:

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
this is what you are looking for
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193915

This program is based on my RadioSwitcher application that was used on the HTC Magic. Mumilover coded the program in Java for me and later expanded it into the FastbootCommander.

Basically FastbootCommander added the kernel/splash/full zip tabs to the existing RadioSwitcher program.

Anyway, what you are coding already exists, there is no need for you to waste time on this!

Regards,
Eyegor

Seems like you don't understand what this program is for ;)
I don't care if what I'm coding already exists (though it doesn't).
Who cares what your program is for?

There are plenty of programs of the same type, have you ever thought why people choose some and don't choose the others? I'll let it up to you to understand.

I didn't ask for your opinion. You won't decide for me if this is waste of time or not.
Good luck with your application.

Last edited:

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Seems like you don't understand what this program is for ;)
I don't care if what I'm coding already exists (though it doesn't).
Who cares what your program is for?

There are plenty of programs of the same type, have you ever thought why people choose some and don't choose the others? I'll let it up to you to understand.

I didn't ask for your opinion. You won't decide for me if this is waste of time or not.
Good luck with your application.

Why are you being rude to me? I wasnt rude to you. I just said that such a program does exist. Whats more, I've given you ideas how to improve your program by showing you what others have. I was not "advertising", nor did I say what my program was about OR claim that I've linked to MY program! Take your negative energy somewhere else man!

By a "waste of time" I did NOT mean that your program was crap, but that such programs already exist. Furthermore, by using that prhase I wanted to indicate to you that you do not have to do all this coding if you dont want to coz there are alt. programs. It was not meant to be in a negative way, I was tryibg to save you the trouble.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Why are you being rude to me? I wasnt rude to you. I just said that such a program does exist. Whats more, I've given you ideas how to improve your program by showing you what others have. I was not "advertising", nor did I say what my program was about OR claim that I've linked to MY program! Take your negative energy somewhere else man!

By a "waste of time" I did NOT mean that your program was crap, but that such programs already exist. Furthermore, by using that prhase I wanted to indicate to you that you do not have to do all this coding if you dont want to coz there are alt. programs. It was not meant to be in a negative way, I was tryibg to save you the trouble.

Maybe I got what you meant in the wrong way.. but the way you said it was a bit offensive, to me at least..
There is no such program available though. There are similars, but not with the same functionality.

I'm happy that you got the image I saw when I read your post. You mentioned all the negative things I saw.

If this isn't what you meant, than thank you for trying to save me trouble; but in-fact, I like what I do.
Peace ;)

Last edited:

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Oh btw, I think you should add a radio section, people change those more often than recoveries!

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Oh btw, I think you should add a radio section, people change those more often than recoveries!

I will :D
I'll add alot of new features ;) I just have a lot to study and finals are very close, so I think I'll wait a little.. :D

chavnick

May 19, 2009
I have insertcoin rom. Yoy mean with this app that I can install stock rom update through my phone f4rom HTC although it's root ans s-off?

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
May be it's better to DL the files in a DATA folder in the same folder as the programm is in, btw nice app:D

I'll add it in the next version, which in-fact is gonna be released soon.
The problem is that I need testers as my phone has been stolen, so I can't test it.

I know what I'm doing though, and sure that it's gonna work, I just need confirmation..
So if anybody is willing to test, please PM me.

Changelog:
v. 1.1
- Using .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.
- Flashing should now be faster.
- Cleaned up coding.
- Changed design.
- Rewrote from scratch ADB and fastboot commanders.
- Closing the application is now smoother.
- The downloaded recovery, the adb and fastboot files are now all in one folder called Data.
- Added logging. The application now creates an XML file which contains every detail about the application executed with its parameters and its output.

Example:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Android_Recovery_Manager version="1.1.0.0" time="17/10/2011 00:06:57" recovery="VODA_FR_1.23.163.1.img">
 <DEBUG filename="TASKKILL" parameters="/F /IM adb.exe">
  <out>SUCCESS: The process "adb.exe" with PID 15440 has been terminated.</out>
  <out>SUCCESS: The process "adb.exe" with PID 7964 has been terminated.</out>
 </DEBUG>
 <DEBUG filename="TASKKILL" parameters="/F /IM fastboot.exe">
  <out>ERROR: The process "fastboot.exe" not found.</out>
 </DEBUG>
 <DEBUG filename="adb" parameters="start-server">
  <out>* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *</out>
  <out>* daemon started successfully *</out>
 </DEBUG>
 <DEBUG filename="adb" parameters="wait-for-device">
 </DEBUG>
 <ERROR>Application has been closed unexpectedly.</ERROR>
</Android_Recovery_Manager>

Last edited:

sparkienl

Jun 6, 2008
@home
recovery files

In the seaerch option in Sensation, there are many recovery files to choose.
I Sensation XE there are only two choices, I mis the ClockWorkMod 5020.
I did it manualy, but it's easier as the programm give you the choice.:cool:

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
In the seaerch option in Sensation, there are many recovery files to choose.
I Sensation XE there are only two choices, I mis the ClockWorkMod 5020.
I did it manualy, but it's easier as the programm give you the choice.:cool:

Which ClockWorkMod you used? Can you give me a link?
I'll add it in few minutes, but I think that it's the same as the one for Sensation so I didn't add it.

Anybody interested in testing the new version?
Thank you ;)

sparkienl

Jun 6, 2008
@home
This is the recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-pyramid.img I used:D

I used your proggy two times, ones for the original recovery file from the XE and then for the CWM 5020 after s-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: claudenegm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even though the software is still working for many, I do not provide any more support for it.
    I've been caught up with college, and it's been really hard to manage everything.
    So from here, I would like to announce that I am discontinuing this product but will still keep it online.
    Thanks guys for your support, and sorry about that!

Hey guys!
    I'm proud to introduce you my application "Android Recovery Manager".

What is this application for?
    As its name says, it is a Recovery Manager. It can flash any recovery you want by a single click.

What you get?
    - You don't need to understand a single ADB or fastboot command. The application manages everything on its own.
    - Up-to-date list of Stock Recoveries for almost all RUUs. ** Request your recovery if it's not available, and it'll be added as soon as possible **
    - The application is only one file, the required files such as ADB and fastboot are compressed inside the application, and extracted to a folder in ProgramData on run-time.
    - You can import recoveries from your computer or the application can download a recovery for you.
    - Multiple devices supported, if you have more than a phone connected, the application will recognize them and will let you choose between them.
    - Integrated MD5 comparison system, if the downloaded recovery doesn't have the right MD5, the application downloads it again until it gets the right MD5.
    - If you want to install a FOTA, you'll need to flash a recovery matching the one with your Stock ROM to successfully install the update. You can find and flash this recovery in no time using the application. (A full step-by-step guide can be found here.)
    - A full XML log is created with all the commands executed and the output of the applications in a very neat way, making it easy to understand any error that occurred. If you don't don't understand the log, you can send it to me, and I'll help you as much as I can to fix the problem for you!

Known Bugs
    * Windows XP users are having problems with the GUI colors. For a temporary fix, download Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - XP Fix

I am not responsible of your device, do whatever you want to it at your own risk. Anything that may happen to your device is under your responsibility.

N.B: If it ever happens to you that the application or even fastboot.exe crashes while doing anything, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE.
    If the bootloader seems unresponsive, never get your battery off. Just wait until it gets responding again.

Compatibility:
    The application has been tested under Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and it has been confirmed to work on both.

Requirements:
    - .NET Framework 3.5
    - HTC Fastboot Drivers

Screenshots:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download:
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - EXE
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - Installer

Older version can be found here.

20,000 downloads and counting!
    Code:
    v1.2.1.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/4005defe7125892aeca988fa502f9c2a"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/ae9968aaf11591cb9f522f758b9c2692"]EXE[/URL])
    * Fixed closing issues.
    * Updated the application's interface.
    * Everything now created by the application is created in ProgramData (Windows Vista and 7 users).
    * Running the application from the drive containing Windows no longer crashes the application.
    * Improved the way the application manages the folders.
    * You can now access the 'Logs' and 'Data' folders by clicking "Browse -> Logs" or "Browse -> Downloaded Recoveries".

v1.2.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/a5f09c3e713e4194973dc720b41906ad"]EXE[/URL])
    * More powerful ADB and Fasboot commanders.
    * Added logging, the application now saves every output by the commands executed, to an XML file.
    * Flashing should now be faster and safer then before.
    * When flashing a recovery, the application doesn't terminate any fastboot process, if any fastboot process is found opened, the application waits until the user closes it and then starts flashing.

v1.1.0.0 (Unreleased)
    * Using .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.
    * Cleaned up coding.
    * Changed the UI design.
    * Rewrote from scratch ADB and fastboot commanders.
    * Closing the application should now close without any problems.

v.1.0.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/download.php?file=46605457fde1586c658ad8c6ee3a64db"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/4dba98cb3d92d508c4e1a8f8b49165cd"]EXE[/URL])
    * Initial Release.

Special Thanks to:
    * raj2022 - All the European Recoveries.
    * frederikh - All the Recoveries.
    * the_scotsman - Telstra WWE Recovery.
    * dansharpy - Testing.
    I am going to try this asap, seems like a good software.
    First post updated!
    The application is now available for download!

Tell me what you think ;)
    Hey guys,

I am sorry to announce that I am not providing any more support for the Android Recovery Manager, and am discontinuing it.
    List of recoveries may not work anymore, however, you can still provide your own recovery and it will work just fine (under your own risk though).

Stay awesome guys!
    Thanks for your support :)
    Net. Framework 4 is only for W7...
    Wasn't tested on XP yet, but as long as you have the HTC Drivers and .NET Framework 4 installed, everything's supposed to work fine.

Install it normally, download the file "Android Recovery Manager - Installer" and you'll find the setup in it, follow the steps on screen and you'll have a shortcut on your desktop when the installations is completed!