[Q] LG E975 bricked! KDZ recovery doesn't work

Search This thread

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
"Hard Reset Procedure

The phone has to be off. Hold Volume - AND Power , a message will show up confirming the factory reset. Press Power Button twice , than wait. It will auto reboot. "
it should work, try everything start at first

When I do this the phone just boots normally, well it doesn't get past the "moving" lg logo..

amedian

Jan 31, 2012
ankara
General Mobile GM 5 Plus
I installed Savvy and I don't get past the LGlogo. How do I perform the hardreset? Power+Volumedown, because that doesn't work..

Edit

It does get past the LGlogo occasionally showing me the lockcreen for a few seconds and hen becomes black again...

When I do this the phone just boots normally, well it doesn't get past the "moving" lg logo..

try kdz update with lg tool or [GUIDE] Flashing Original Firmwares >1GB / Unbrick Procedure. i remember that before i did hard reset i didnt acces custom recovery the kdz update erased my custom recovery, what about you? can you acces recovery?

Last edited:

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
try kdz update with lg tool or [GUIDE] Flashing Original Firmwares >1GB / Unbrick Procedure. i remember that before i did hard reset i didnt acces custom recovery the kdz update erased my custom recovery, what about you? can you acces recovery?

I can still enter into custom recovery. I now have a bootloop when i try to boot normally..
I'll try your methods :)

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Here's where im standing right now.

I flashed the Savvy rom via CWM. The phone boots but is stuck at the 'moving light across the LG-logo'. It doesn't get past there. When I hold Down + Power my phone just tries to boot normally, so i can't perform a hardreset. I tried disconnecting the battery but that didn't work either...:(
What can I do now?

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Allright I'm getting somewhere. I tried to flash an KDZ which was smaller then 1GB and it worked. I'm now on AUSTRALIA 10D (http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...975K10D_00.kdz) The only problem is that i can't get Wifi or 3g to work (Not a surprise ofcourse)

Now i need a way to get to the right KDZ for my device/country (Netherlands, I think I am supposed to be on 10B.

Does anyone know how to change my KDZ?

EDIT: I used the KDZupdater again to get me back to EUROPE OPEN 10D: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...E97510D_00.kdz
I think my phone came with Europe Common 10B originally, but the problem is that that file is over 1Gb. Europe 10D was about 980mb.
I will try to use the Flashtool method again now that I am on stock firmware again.

Last edited:

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
Allright I'm getting somewhere. I tried to flash an KDZ which was smaller then 1GB and it worked. I'm now on AUSTRALIA 10D (http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...975K10D_00.kdz) The only problem is that i can't get Wifi or 3g to work (Not a surprise ofcourse)

Now i need a way to get to the right KDZ for my device/country (Netherlands, I think I am supposed to be on 10B.

Does anyone know how to change my KDZ?

EDIT: I used the KDZupdater again to get me back to EUROPE OPEN 10D: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...E97510D_00.kdz
I think my phone came with Europe Common 10B originally, but the problem is that that file is over 1Gb. Europe 10D was about 980mb.
I will try to use the Flashtool method again now that I am on stock firmware again.

try this to get your original stock firmware download link...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49777834&postcount=63

HTH

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
Hello,

I tried to install the original KDZ, but the flashtool showed a popup which said: Batterylevel is low etc My battery was charged 100%....

use the KDZ updater without normal web upgrade. but this will restart your phone to fastboot without even starting the upgrade/update process. when that happens, unplugged your phone, switch it off, then switch it back on to download mode. and the upgrade/update should finish without any problem. even with 10% batt level. i've done this a couple times already. try it. HTH :D

EDIT:

if DIAG Phone Mode doesn't succeed try CS_EMERGENCY or EMERGENCY.

Last edited:

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
Where did you read kdz updater must be used with diag mode? all tutorials i found were mentioning cs_emergency.

Sjoerd K

Feb 4, 2014
Hello everybody,

Good news. After I flashed the Europe open 10D KDZ I managed to use the LG support tool to upgrade my phones software. It did everything automatically and now I'm
back on my original firmware. (I'll post the detailed steps if someone wants to know) Everything is working fine again. :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me to fix this problem! You guys are the best!:good:

Last edited:

hpesojames

Sep 22, 2013
Hello everybody,

Good news. After I flashed the Europe open 10D KDZ I managed to use the LG support tool to upgrade my phones software. It did everything automatically and now I'm
back on my original firmware. (I'll post the detailed steps if someone wants to know) Everything is working fine again. :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me to fix this problem! You guys are the best!:good:

then lets drink to that lol

so how'dcyou fixed it?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app

kimitza

Feb 27, 2010
Buzau
If you would've payed attention,that tutorial is for the F180,the korean G,not E975. Original tutorial,made by mrpotatohead for E975 and also present in the FAQ section,states clearly you must use cs_emergency.

cmangalos

Nov 12, 2010
Cardona, Rizal
I encountered the same error before on my optimus G e975 stock , before. it's rooted and bootloader unlocked using freegee. when i try to check is wifi-kill application will work, all of a sudden, my phone reboots, i was able to saw it boot normally, put it on my pocket, when i checked my phone again, i had the same image that you have, or do we need to call it BSOD for android. I dont have an idea why it happen, obviously, this is the first time that I experienced it.

just out of curiosity, can anyone advise my the reason why I got that error, BSOD maybe.

thanks.