Ubuntu Phone For HD2. We need to continue that project

Search This thread

Hendziuu

Jan 28, 2014
Gostynin
Hey All!

I know that dies but my menthal is that what was started it must also End so I'm come alive that. I have some free time before I'll go to university so I tried to boot it and I was made some test ports of Android For Ubuntu Phone. I was based my work on that therard http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38463674&postcount=1 also In my ports I used rom from that theard, with 3.0.x, one with modified some bin's with 2.6.x gilbert32 kernel and one with walter79's aokp ION also 3.0.x kernel It partially boot but I have black screen, one stucks on Kernel bootlogo. I'm sharing that ports because together we can make it works one beautiful day :)

System install on nand with data on ext but first you need install there ubuntu fs in ubuntu folder. After that you need to install rom, and walters79's last initrd patcher

http://d-h.st/uXi
http://d-h.st/8du
http://d-h.st/OJC
http://d-h.st/HFO

I have also 2 ports for Sensation X but I need to correct updater-script before I'll share it. But for black screen I think the reason is in config's official packages what we must install on sd-ext, and ubuntu-chroot.sh should be in init.d I think

Credits for:

gilbert32 ---- for kernel
walter79 ---- for 3.0.x kernel and new initrd patcher
LaidbackNikez --- for Rom base
and many others what makes HD2 Never Die ;)

IAMLEGENDZ

Mar 15, 2011
Had Sahary
Hey Guys, How are you? I hope you will be fine.
first of all thank you for trying to continue this project. I tried port this before, when it boots, the boot stuck in black screen and red square in the center I can move it anywhere by touch.
I edited some thing in tytung's kernel and LaidbackNikez's UT rom .
I will post my initrd soon when I find it, may be it helps you.

Thanks again for keeping the HD2 live longer.

Edit: This is the link http://d-h.st/TGU

Last edited:

Hendziuu

Jan 28, 2014
Gostynin
Just read all theard, what I added link of source rom, what I used. They're also had a problem with black screen and they're found a solution of this problem I'll try their method on my Leo If it will not work I'll try my way and then I'll post resaults :)

Also thanks for interest and Regards. Hendziuu

HD2 Story Never Die !!!

Last edited:

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Great Thanks ... Fantastic ...

Dear friend ... At first I should Thank you for your Brilliant Collection of links ... Just didn't find anywhere ... I might Build my own ... But you Know ? Compiling is easy but Debugging is twice harder so may Take Some time ... at the 2nd part I should tell both you that I think the rootfs can be more Suitable when MAGLDR boots it ( Like any other rootfs.img s like Debian ,... Because MAGLDR has DMESG support easy to reach that makes it a better idea for getting rid of the Problems ) and maybe using that's Source code and building the compatible one for our HD2 ( Recompiling UbuntuPhone ) can make it better and more suitable than using those Patches and etc. ... Great Thanks again For the files ... Wish Both you good luck ...

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Reactions: eclyptos

Hendziuu

Jan 28, 2014
Gostynin
Thanks for link Robbie it will be helpful for all. I was tried all of that images but the problem isn't here. The problem is that it must load ubuntu_chroot what ist in bin folder when kernel loads. that script also need modify to load from sd-ext. Is there second way, namely Rom + Ubuntu installed to NativeSD. I'will try to edit that script and add startup for that directly to init.d in rom.

Regards

Hendziuu

Jan 28, 2014
Gostynin
Got some news. Downloaded last saucy preinstalled system and then I modified ubuntu_deploy.sh from that zip to deploy FS on /data (sd-ext ext4 with filesystem) and then opened it via gscript but fist it is nessecary to add some files to system partition what can be found on my d-h.st "ubuntu_libs.zip" (I have not enought posts to add links but in a first post this theard are links to my d-h.st) and also you need to rename extracted *.tar.gz to ubuntu-rootfs.tar.gz and copy it to /sdcard

Logcat output (only that message shows)
17:02:01.012 Warning Adreno200-EGL 100 <eglSurfaceResize:3568>: EGL_BAD_ALLOC

after some seconds shows also that message
17:10:38.406 Warning Adreno200-EGLSUB 100 <DequeueBuffer:420>: dequeue native buffer fail: Device or resource busy

When I'm trying to ubuntu_chroot via adb shell it returns message "can't determinate your username"

I got this on Golbert32's KK Ressurrection 4.2.2 with walter79's initrd patcher for data on ext
18:14:47.076 Warning GraphicBufferMapper 100 lock(...) failed -22 (Invalid argument)

EDIT:////

GOT IT WORKING!! But logcat says:

18:14:47.076 Warning GraphicBufferMapper 100 lock(...) failed -22 (Invalid argument)

So can't see desktop, black screen only

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbie P

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Got some news. Downloaded last saucy preinstalled system and then I modified ubuntu_deploy.sh from that zip to deploy FS on /data (sd-ext ext4 with filesystem) and then opened it via gscript but fist it is nessecary to add some files to system partition what can be found on my d-h.st "ubuntu_libs.zip" (I have not enought posts to add links but in a first post this theard are links to my d-h.st) and also you need to rename extracted *.tar.gz to ubuntu-rootfs.tar.gz and copy it to /sdcard

17:10:38.406 Warning Adreno200-EGLSUB 100 <DequeueBuffer:420>: dequeue native buffer fail: Device or resource busy

When I'm trying to ubuntu_chroot via adb shell it returns message "can't determinate your username"

I got this on Golbert32's KK Ressurrection 4.2.2 with walter79's initrd patcher for data on ext

Dear friend ... Congrats ... made a good progress :good: ... I think you'd better try a better Base ... Gilbert32's ROM is great but it's not stable ... I recommend you to use Chauthien's CM11 as the base ... It's as lite as possible and also really stable ... also you can use NexusHD2 CM9 It gives better performanc but it may be a bit harder because it's older than CM11 ... Good Luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Reactions: eclyptos

Hendziuu

Jan 28, 2014
Gostynin
Dear friend ... Congrats ... made a good progress :good: ... I think you'd better try a better Base ... Gilbert32's ROM is great but it's not stable ... I recommend you to use Chauthien's CM11 as the base ... It's as lite as possible and also really stable ... also you can use NexusHD2 CM9 It gives better performanc but it may be a bit harder because it's older than CM11 ... Good Luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

I tested Chauthien's CM11 when it realesed v1 and v2 and It was not more stable for my HD2 than Gilbert32's KK Ressurection, I do not know why. Yes you have right CM9 is too old to use as base for Ubuntu Touch. I will try to use CM10.1 or CM10.2 as base with 3.0.x Kernel and then share next resaults. I added libs, modified script, and bin's to my d-h.st so anyone can try it on other rom's (link to my d-h.st in a first post).

Miko1379

Jun 25, 2014
Zanjan
Hi All ...

Hi All ... I saw that there were an Ubuntu phone developer team ... why don't you get some help from them ... ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey All!

I know that dies but my menthal is that what was started it must also End so I'm come alive that. I have some free time before I'll go to university so I tried to boot it and I was made some test ports of Android For Ubuntu Phone. I was based my work on that therard http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38463674&postcount=1 also In my ports I used rom from that theard, with 3.0.x, one with modified some bin's with 2.6.x gilbert32 kernel and one with walter79's aokp ION also 3.0.x kernel It partially boot but I have black screen, one stucks on Kernel bootlogo. I'm sharing that ports because together we can make it works one beautiful day :)

System install on nand with data on ext but first you need install there ubuntu fs in ubuntu folder. After that you need to install rom, and walters79's last initrd patcher

http://d-h.st/uXi
    http://d-h.st/8du
    http://d-h.st/OJC
    http://d-h.st/HFO

I have also 2 ports for Sensation X but I need to correct updater-script before I'll share it. But for black screen I think the reason is in config's official packages what we must install on sd-ext, and ubuntu-chroot.sh should be in init.d I think

Credits for:

gilbert32 ---- for kernel
    walter79 ---- for 3.0.x kernel and new initrd patcher
    LaidbackNikez --- for Rom base
    and many others what makes HD2 Never Die ;)
    Great Thanks ... Fantastic ...

Dear friend ... At first I should Thank you for your Brilliant Collection of links ... Just didn't find anywhere ... I might Build my own ... But you Know ? Compiling is easy but Debugging is twice harder so may Take Some time ... at the 2nd part I should tell both you that I think the rootfs can be more Suitable when MAGLDR boots it ( Like any other rootfs.img s like Debian ,... Because MAGLDR has DMESG support easy to reach that makes it a better idea for getting rid of the Problems ) and maybe using that's Source code and building the compatible one for our HD2 ( Recompiling UbuntuPhone ) can make it better and more suitable than using those Patches and etc. ... Great Thanks again For the files ... Wish Both you good luck ...

With Best Wishes
    Hitman1376​
    Would it be better to use the latest stable image (current) from here http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/ rather than from the link in LaidbackNikez post? Those are preview images afaik.

With Best Wishes
    Hitman1376​