Problem Installing Hyperdrive RLS12

Search This thread

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
I keep getting the following error when attempting to install Hyperdrive RLS12:

file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma/kernel.prop": No such file or directory.

I have verified the MD5 hash of the file, even tried re-downloading the file (even though the hash matched) as well as switching from CWM to TWRP. The device will boot after I install the Rom and T-Mobile Compatibility pack, but I have no data service. What is going on?

Just want to note that I apparently have the Knox Pox if that has something to do with my issue... My Warranty bit is set to 0x01 (unfortunately I received an RMA replacement device and followed an old guide for flashing and set this bit to true).

Any help would be appreciated.

Similar to this issue (I am using the T-Mobile variant though)... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594591

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
That is actually the updater - script not finding a file or a improperly named one. Md5 is just for DL purposes.

My suggestion is to either post this in Scotts thread or send him a PM.

IS My S4 Insane????

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

Reactions: Louer Adun

Louer Adun

Jan 19, 2010
That is actually the updater - script not finding a file or a improperly named one. Md5 is just for DL purposes.

My suggestion is to either post this in Scotts thread or send him a PM.

IS My S4 Insane????

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

I can give that a shot. I figured I would post here as I didn't see anyone with a similar problem in the thread.

LancerEvoDrifter

Oct 24, 2012
Houston
anyone having this trouble when attempting to install hyperdrive?

"Updating partition details...
Running boot script...

Finished running boot script.
E: Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/Hyperdrive RLS12 S4 Final (1).zip'
Updating partition details..."

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
usually that would be the case, but that was the 5th time that file was downloaded and it was tested on the computer itself, so I don't think that would be a possibility anymore

If you can navigate through the zip file then chances are it's not a bad download. If you can't navigate through it via a file browser (ES, Solid, etc) then it definitely won't flash. If it's not bad, the only other thing I would say would be to try using a different recovery to flash it.

LancerEvoDrifter

Oct 24, 2012
Houston
If you can navigate through the zip file then chances are it's not a bad download. If you can't navigate through it via a file browser (ES, Solid, etc) then it definitely won't flash. If it's not bad, the only other thing I would say would be to try using a different recovery to flash it.

i have the file on my phone and i have used es file explorer to look into that .zip file, theres no problem with the zip file itself, but im guessing it was something with my phone, and i have tried two recovery option, TWRP and CWM and CWM touch

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i have the file on my phone and i have used es file explorer to look into that .zip file, theres no problem with the zip file itself, but im guessing it was something with my phone, and i have tried two recovery option, TWRP and CWM and CWM touch

Only other thing I could find with it not being a bad download would be to try putting it on your internal storage and attempt to flash from there. Outside of that, I'm all tapped out. Hope you can get it figured out!

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas

It's best to use the latest version of TWRP 2.6. Older versions "sometimes" have problems flashing 4.3 roms.

My S4 Is Insane

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's best to use the latest version of TWRP 2.6. Older versions "sometimes" have problems flashing 4.3 roms.

My S4 Is Insane

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

On that note, it may just be me but the newest version of TWRP (2.6.3.1) was giving me some pretty bad problems flashing stock TW 4.3 ROMs... i.e. baseband not showing up, Settings->About->Status would force-close, and I could not get any cell signal. That happened on Wicked, Hyperdrive, and WarpDrive. Couldn't restore backups of said ROMs either.. I mean, it would let me restore but I would hang at the S4 splash screen. I say it was TWRP because once I downgraded back to 2.6.3.0 my backups worked again and I no longer had the phone/signal problems in TW 4.3.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts