[Q] Point Cloud from HTC One M8

Search This thread

BudSchmidt

Aug 7, 2014
Does anyone know how to build a 3D point cloud with data from the dual cameras on a HTC One M8? In my program, I call DimensionPlusUtility.exportGeometryFromFile() to get a Geometry object. I can then call getVertices() on the Geometry object to get a float array containing apparently (x, y, z, w) tuples. What are the units of x, y, and z? x and y are in [-1, 1], and z is in [0, 1]. The dynamic range of z-values seems small for my images (usually between 0.85 and 1). Is there a way to convert these values to metric units? Has anyone had to calibrate the stereo pair?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
Does anyone know how to build a 3D point cloud with data from the dual cameras on a HTC One M8? In my program, I call DimensionPlusUtility.exportGeometryFromFile() to get a Geometry object. I can then call getVertices() on the Geometry object to get a float array containing apparently (x, y, z, w) tuples. What are the units of x, y, and z? x and y are in [-1, 1], and z is in [0, 1]. The dynamic range of z-values seems small for my images (usually between 0.85 and 1). Is there a way to convert these values to metric units? Has anyone had to calibrate the stereo pair?
You may have better luck in the HTC One M8 forum rather than the HTC One M7 forum.