How to root Asus Padfone Mini 7?

Search This thread

tamerlano

Oct 28, 2014
Which version should I download the firmware to downgrade? And how do you restore the older firmware? If you do not ask too much, would be possible a step by step guideo to obtain root permissions of the device?:D;)

ruleshellz

Nov 5, 2014
Is there no development on padfone mini root?

Anyone know how to root padfone mini?
I'm desperately need to root this device.. Please can you guys make a official forum for it?
Thank you

xhay89

Oct 26, 2014
Xhay can you confirm you rooted ?
Yes, I rooted 2 times.

Which version should I download the firmware to downgrade? And how do you restore the older firmware? If you do not ask too much, would be possible a step by step guideo to obtain root permissions of the device?:D;)

That is what I have done:

- First: I had firmware .65. Download firmware .61 ( asus.com/it/support/Download/29/1/0/5/32 ), put .rar in sd card, turn off, press power button with volume -, click on "download sd card", click upgrade external, search file, confirm. Open King root, enable debug usb, wait connection, follow instructions. The phone would reboot. Wait confirm (prntscr.com/54kxqy).

-Second: I had firmware .61. I reinstalled firmware, but root didn't work. I update to .65, downgrade to .61 (as first time) and root worked.

OngPangTau

Jun 13, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Padfone Mini (T00E) Root Successfully!!

Guys,

I assumed for those who succeeded in rooting their devices are referring to the PadFone mini 4.3 (A11) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.4GHz and not the Padfone Mini (T00E) with Intel® Atom™ Z2560 (1.6 GHz). Right? Lucky you!

It would be grateful is anyone could provide any link on how to root the Padfone Mini with Intel® Atom™ Z2560 (1.6 GHz). Thank you in advance. :good:

Edit: Additional Info Rooted :victory:

I managed to find the latest rooting tool from Taiwan website. Herewith the attached root app (APK). I also managed to root my Padfone Mini (T00E). If you are in the same device (model) like me then you may proceed with the root tool else please wait till someone has make it available. Refer to my device info.

Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: 1434_1.3.40.3
Kernal version: 3.10.20-00002-g277d428
android@mec9#1
Build number: KVT49L.WW_PadFone-V6.5.31-20141016
044000274_201406050026

Please be extra careful when perform the rooting process. I would like to remind you to follow strictly the instruction on the root app.
You NEED TO "FORGET" the WiFi network (disable the WiFi) as is not good enough just to disable it!
Please also disable the mobile data before you proceed.

Do some Google search or YouTube search on how to use the root tool. It is a bit of tricky... I try my best to explain but please do not expect me to reply immediately if you encounter any issue because I do not visit this forum very often.

Note: Always remember to enable the development option and tick the USB debugging before proceed!!
(1) Once you launched the root app and follow the instruction to "FORGET" and "DISABLE" both WiFi and mobile data. You shall realize that the Asus Demo apps will launch by itself.
(2) Ignore any pop-up message from the screen (Don't click anything on the screen) and wait for about 10 seconds then only proceed to switch-off the phone by pressing and holding the power button.
(3) The phone shall turn off and reboot itself! And you shall obtain the root access with SuperSU.

I have attached several screenshots for your reference. Hope those who are using Asus PadFone Mini (T00E) are happy with their rooted phone as I am! Please be reminded that I am not a developer and I am just sharing my UX on rooting this phone. All credit goes to the respective developers :highfive:

Attachments

• RootZenFone-1.4.6r.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,168
  • Screenshot_2014-12-04-16-00-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-04-16-00-49.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 2,159
  • Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-58-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-58-01.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 2,176
  • Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-57-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-04-13-57-36.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 2,115
Last edited:
Reactions: 5318008

squiros

Nov 2, 2010
i just wanted to modify the hosts file to block ads so that the free apps i downloaded wouldn't kill my bandwidth limits and get me throttled.

i bought my phone (t00c) from amazon. it came with this firmware:
JSS15Q.TW_PadFone-10.14.5.7-20131220

i tried to root the above firmware and it did not work. i waited 15 minutes, and it looped. after 15 minutes, i pulled the usb cable during a reboot (as the phone was booting). i went to software update and it updated me to 6.61. i am in california and 6.65 was not the default. at the time of this writing, i was using kingo 1.2.7.2149. there is an update. i cannot vouch for the update.

i'll mention some things that didn't happen. it may be important that the phone did not brick in the interim. every boot loaded correctly with all of my data. also, i retained all of my settings. i was prepared to lose it all, however, since it was all backed up on to the sd card.

it takes several minutes. be patient. it will loop many times. in this loop, my phone restarted maybe 4..7 times. kingo "downloaded" something each time, purportedly.

this was my first time attempting a root. thank you for your contributions. the reason i'm listing my details is because a first time rooter realizes how theoretically simple but potentially disastrous rooting is. especially for this phone which did not see the popularity of more main stream brands.

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
i just wanted to modify the hosts file to block ads so that the free apps i downloaded wouldn't kill my bandwidth limits and get me throttled.

i bought my phone (t00c) from amazon. it came with this firmware:
JSS15Q.TW_PadFone-10.14.5.7-20131220

i tried to root the above firmware and it did not work. i waited 15 minutes, and it looped. after 15 minutes, i pulled the usb cable during a reboot (as the phone was booting). i went to software update and it updated me to 6.61. i am in california and 6.65 was not the default. at the time of this writing, i was using kingo 1.2.7.2149. there is an update. i cannot vouch for the update.

i'll mention some things that didn't happen. it may be important that the phone did not brick in the interim. every boot loaded correctly with all of my data. also, i retained all of my settings. i was prepared to lose it all, however, since it was all backed up on to the sd card.

it takes several minutes. be patient. it will loop many times. in this loop, my phone restarted maybe 4..7 times. kingo "downloaded" something each time, purportedly.

this was my first time attempting a root. thank you for your contributions. the reason i'm listing my details is because a first time rooter realizes how theoretically simple but potentially disastrous rooting is. especially for this phone which did not see the popularity of more main stream brands.

Good bless you it really worked.

Best regards and happy new year :)

Sent from my PadFone T00C using XDA Free mobile app

praded2007

Jun 25, 2008
Hello,
I want to buy the Padfone X Mini - AT&T, but is locked.
Can I unlocked it?:confused:

Last edited:

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
I have asus padfone mini snapdragon version, my frimware was .65 and I tried kingroot, it didn't work as buddies said here, I downgrade it to .61 version but it doesn't root either!!! any help or suggestion?

Attachments

• image-96b31f2419ea9fca984114cd6b0d25a04958cd3d540b52715857daaa31de7ecf-V.jpg
    image-96b31f2419ea9fca984114cd6b0d25a04958cd3d540b52715857daaa31de7ecf-V.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I have asus padfone mini snapdragon version, my frimware was .65 and I tried kingroot, it didn't work as buddies said here, I downgrade it to .61 version but it doesn't root either!!! any help or suggestion?

The only thing I can cay: you should keep trying.It did not work for me at first, than i tried aggain after a month and it worked. Just as a suggestion, did you clean cache after downgrade ?

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
The only thing I can cay: you should keep trying.It did not work for me at first, than i tried aggain after a month and it worked. Just as a suggestion, did you clean cache after downgrade ?

So how many times did you try?
I didn't clean it, after cleaning the cash do I loose my data on the phone?

lightlord

Apr 28, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So how many times did you try?
I didn't clean it, after cleaning the cash do I loose my data on the phone?

You dont loose anything, as long as you dont press factory reset, just clean cache.I think it should be a standard procedure when up/downgrading rom.
I tried so many times, i didnt believe to possible anymore (sory guys) than i gave it another shot and it started cycling with data-script downloading and checking root.But when it actually rebooted, I got exited.It worked.

joakogramajo

Oct 25, 2015
consulta

Hello , I wanted to ask if there is any way to root for my asus mini pad,

Intel inside ,
model ASUS_T00E .
Android version 4.3
Baseband version: 1406_1.3.14.12_0320
Kernal version: 3.4.43
android@mec7#1
Build number: JSS15Q.CN_PadFone-V4.1.3-20140627010151_201312100112

you perform the procedure as indicated in the publication but does not give me results.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just rooted with Kingo root app,everything works fine.(Padfone mini 4.3 T00C version)
    I've tried rooting on version (.65). Did not work. the application kept on looping between

downloading requisite dependency file
    waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status
    waiting for device
    checking root status

Try to downgrade to .61
    Check if the device reboot during the root process
    Xhay can you confirm you rooted ?
    Yes, I rooted 2 times.

That is what I have done:

- First: I had firmware .65. Download firmware .61 ( asus.com/it/support/Download/29/1/0/5/32 ), put .rar in sd card, turn off, press power button with volume -, click on "download sd card", click upgrade external, search file, confirm. Open King root, enable debug usb, wait connection, follow instructions. The phone would reboot. Wait confirm (prntscr.com/54kxqy).

-Second: I had firmware .61. I reinstalled firmware, but root didn't work. I update to .65, downgrade to .61 (as first time) and root worked.
    Hey, great news. Just trying it myself, but it seems to go "downloading requisite dependency files, waiting for device, checking root status" in loop for some time now. Is there anything i have missed. Which version of rom do you have ? I have 10.14.6.61 latest. Thanks for any help.

I've rooted and unrooted a bit for testing,so make sure to plug the phone without the station,don't update the firmware at the recent 10.14.6.65 only the .61 works,the weirdest part is that you have to try a bit of time,continue trying until it works if the phone reboots during the proces a good sign.
    Is there no development on padfone mini root?

Anyone know how to root padfone mini?
    I'm desperately need to root this device.. Please can you guys make a official forum for it?
    Thank you