Battery Indicator on Notification Bar

Search This thread

phishie

Jul 26, 2010
Is everyone else's Stock Battery Indicator ridiculous inaccurate? I'm at 42% battery life currently (widget/spare parts) and the stock indicator shows a level around 65-75%.

accinfo

Jun 24, 2010
Is everyone else's Stock Battery Indicator ridiculous inaccurate? I'm at 42% battery life currently (widget/spare parts) and the stock indicator shows a level around 65-75%.

it's not 'inaccurate' samsung has set it like that. but if you want to tweak it, try search around.

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010

Yea, that's common. They don't have very many level drops.

If anyone finds an app that can overlay a % (or replace it with a %) on top of the STOCK ICON, that'd be awesome. There's some that add an additional icon but I don't want that, that's just stupid to have two battery icons...

Also if anyone finds an app that can overlay a dBm signal in place of the signal strength meters that'd be awesome, too.

derek4484

Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, SC
Yea, that's common. They don't have very many level drops.

If anyone finds an app that can overlay a % (or replace it with a %) on top of the STOCK ICON, that'd be awesome. There's some that add an additional icon but I don't want that, that's just stupid to have two battery icons...

Also if anyone finds an app that can overlay a dBm signal in place of the signal strength meters that'd be awesome, too.

Yes, I was wanting a NEW battery gauge, one that shows the percentage, not the ridiculous stock icon thats off by a mile. Also, I'm with you I dont want two battery icons up there. I guess its harder than I think it should be to create an app that does that.

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
I'd assume since it's the TouchWiz UI that something specific to the Captivate would have to change the icon... That's my assumption anyway, I'm not a developer.

spyz88

Oct 28, 2008
Yes, I was wanting a NEW battery gauge, one that shows the percentage, not the ridiculous stock icon thats off by a mile. Also, I'm with you I dont want two battery icons up there. I guess its harder than I think it should be to create an app that does that.

You guys might want to try System Info Widget in the Market. Pretty good and definitely accurate.

alphadog00

Jun 29, 2010
What annoys me is that Samsung has the numerical info in the about screen, so why not just create a toggle so we can go from bar to numeric....

I think they pulled an Apple and wanted the bars to always look bigger.

TexUs

Jul 1, 2010
I installed Battery Widget (the one with over 250K downloads)... Best thing for now...

cliffgardner

Mar 6, 2007
twitter.com
I noticed the same thing right away... Not sure if they thought users would miss this but its a little misleading..

Battery status widget works for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S