wifi and data bundle ..

Search This thread

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Hi,
My mozart is working fine with wifi, however just curious what I noticed:
as soon as i enter my work place or come back home my mozart gets connected with the wifi at each location. I noticed taht while Mozart is conneted to wifi, if it gos to lock state (screen black out after 1 minute) then it gets disconnected form wifi and while in locked state (power safe) it use hte data bundle allownce. is this the case with all or am i missing some setting here.
regards,

Sirstoner

Feb 4, 2010
Hi,
My mozart is working fine with wifi, however just curious what I noticed:
as soon as i enter my work place or come back home my mozart gets connected with the wifi at each location. I noticed taht while Mozart is conneted to wifi, if it gos to lock state (screen black out after 1 minute) then it gets disconnected form wifi and while in locked state (power safe) it use hte data bundle allownce. is this the case with all or am i missing some setting here.
regards,

Unfortunaltey I don't have my sources here, so I cant forward them to you. MS confirmed this was a feature, not a fault. It is built in to the operating system to prevent the battery from draining too fast due to the continuas WIFI usage.

So in order to be able to recieve TOAST and TILE notifications it enables the cell data. Shouldnt be much though, couple of kbytes.

I can't remember if they were gonna make a setting to avoid this in the future, but the original article on MSDN I read about it didnt mention such a "solution". I think microsoft will go for the "its not a bug, its a feature" approach. Feels kinda legit though. Worst concern for any smartphone user these days is battlife.

ZeeShh

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks Sirstoner, it makes some sense and wish we get long life batteries. thanks.