[ROM] 2.3.6 VictoryRom v1.1 Nothing Special.. It's Simple. 29/03/12

Search This thread

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
Thanks bro, alt3 looks sick on my phone. The only thing I'd like to see now is a blue digital circle battery status indicator. Like the one found on the uot kitchen.That would seal the deal for me. Excellent work though, im diggin the new look of the signal bars and drop down toggles.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

No prob... And, thanks.

You got a pic of that batt u want or a framework-res.apk with them?

Sent from my mind using XDA

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
No prob... And, thanks.

You got a pic of that batt u want or a framework-res.apk with them?

Here's the one i'm talking about

batfull26.png

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Here's the one i'm talking about

Ok.. Yup, I do have those laying around, but they didn't have the full 204 pngs.. I've been looking for a reason to try it out though. And what do you think about a circular wifi symbol?
stat_sys_wifi_signal_2.png
Or stick with the stock wifi (which matches the toggle)? Also, I'm not really a big fan of the clear lockscreen, small checkboxes, and not satisfied with the pulldown yet..

What I really need to do is quit messing with Googler's ROM and get working on my own... but it's all for practice..:rolleyes:, and this is a nice, clean, bug-free ROM for my meddling (sorry, was watching some scooby-doo with my kid tonight - "..those meddling kids..")

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Ok.. Yup, I do have those laying around, but they didn't have the full 204 pngs.. I've been looking for a reason to try it out though. And what do you think about a circular wifi symbol?
stat_sys_wifi_signal_2.png
Or stick with the stock wifi (which matches the toggle)? Also, I'm not really a big fan of the clear lockscreen, small checkboxes, and not satisfied with the pulldown yet..

What I really need to do is quit messing with Googler's ROM and get working on my own... but it's all for practice..:rolleyes:, and this is a nice, clean, bug-free ROM for my meddling (sorry, was watching some scooby-doo with my kid tonight - "..those meddling kids..")
Cool...hope you get it cooked up. Not a fan of the circular wifi thingy though.

partie

Jan 4, 2008
If anyone wants to change the White background with Black letters to Black Background and White letters in "Settings" flash JRW 28's [ROM] Lithium v1.1 (updater.zip) in cwm Works great!

Flash just the updater.zip

Attachments

• 1334298856431.jpg
    1334298856431.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: Gadgetz

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
If anyone wants to change the White background with Black letters to Black Background and White letters in "Settings" flash JRW 28's [ROM] Lithium v1.1 (updater.zip) in cwm Works great!

Flash just the updater.zip
Does this effect anything other than the background and text colors? The checkmark boxes and battery/signal bar icons all remain the same?

T

tmease1

Does this effect anything other than the background and text colors? The checkmark boxes and battery/signal bar icons all remain the same?

I too would also like to know the answers to this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012

I too would also like to know the answers to this.

The Updater.zip only contains the Settings.apk, so no, it won't change that other stuff.
If you wanna be safe, copy your current Settings.apk from /system/app and push it back w/ root explorer (copy to /system folder, name properly, change permissons to same as your current system apps, then "Move" to app folder and reboot) if you don't like the changes..

Reactions: Gadgetz

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
The Updater.zip only contains the Settings.apk, so no, it won't change that other stuff.
If you wanna be safe, copy your current Settings.apk from /system/app and push it back w/ root explorer (copy to /system folder, name properly, change permissons to same as your current system apps, then "Move" to app folder and reboot) if you don't like the changes..

Thanks...I've already got a good backup so it's time to flash

T

tmease1

Thanks for showing that. I'm going to have to reflash victory rom and try this out.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Yea, that would look good on your setup.. The circ mod u got ain't cutting it... I'll try and put something together today

Haha, thats the truth! But I have my digital circle mod already, will post screens later as well as the other mods I've done that have added a nice touch to this rom. Only thing its missing now is reboot in extended power menu, other than that its perfect!

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Haha, thats the truth! But I have my digital circle mod already, will post screens later as well as the other mods I've done that have added a nice touch to this rom. Only thing its missing now is reboot in extended power menu, other than that its perfect!

Yea, I wanna see how it all looks on your machine...

This is what I put together: alt4battreboot.zip
This should only affect your batt, lockscreen, and reboot menu... You might like it, or you could just use the files from it if you want.. you're gonna need the framework.jar and android.policy.jar for the reboot. And an icon in the framework.res.apk - i may have also edited an xml for the reboot option in there too - don't recall :confused:...

Cheers!

The pics are after flashing VictoryROM, altTheme4Victory.zip, then alt4battreboot.zip.
1336185576729.jpg

1336185400548.jpg

1336185620012.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mtnlion

ej_424

Apr 17, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Download Link Issues

I try to download but can't. I wait for "non" premium link to appear and click it. It then takes me to livid site, and no luck... Any suggestions? Can someone provide an alternative link? I really want to get the zip to put on my wifes atrix 2. Thanks!

Last edited:
T

tmease1

This should only affect your batt, lockscreen, and reboot menu... You might like it, or you could just use the files from it if you want.. you're gonna need the framework.jar and android.policy.jar for the reboot. And an icon in the framework.res.apk - i may have also edited an xml for the reboot option in there too - don't recall :confused:...

Cheers!

Question. Where is the lockscreen located, which files? I would like to have the stock lockscreen as a personal mod.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011

Cheers!
It looks pretty clean IMO

1334449959010.png

I seen that yesterday, I like what you did with it but didn't thing it would fit the overall theme/look of my phone. But i'm really diggin' your work though, not gaudy at all, very tastefully done. Keep it up ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

I'm not into overclocking + heavy Themes so I make my own Roms. Once I feel comfortable I post it (Removing all possible bugs). Like most of us, I like Mod's and extras. Thanks to all the dev's who worked on Mod's.

I'm sure some of you wanted something like this... I hope u enjoy. and yes everything works (GPS with CWM on Boot etc). I will be out of country for a month starting tomorrow. :) So ur on ur OWN. Guys please help each other. Thanks.

Based on 2.3.6

What is VictoryRom?
    1. Deodexed, Zipaligned, ROOTED
    2.Pull down notification settings
    3.Build.prop tweaks
    4.Droid Razr bootanimation
    5.Beats Audio
    6.Sony Bravia Engine
    7.Lightly ICS Themed
    8. Ad Block (host files). Personally I'm not into Ad block cos many Dev's create free apps cos of it.. But many users want Ad-Block so I added.
    9. Few fonts from ICS.(Roboto as Default Font)
    10. Extended WIFI Scan Interval to get more battery.
    11.Webtop via HDMI
    12. APN Lists (more added)

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions - THIS IS A INSTALL ZIP (NOT BACKUP)
    1.Put zip on sdcard
    2.Back Up apps with Titanium backup
    3.Make CWM backup
    4.Wipe DATA(Factory Format),WIPE Cache and WIPE dalvik cache
    5.flash zip

Thank u all... If u want name next to your mod's let me know...BIG THANKS TO alteredlikeness For keeping Victory alive.
    ScreenShots and Updates

w4LE1.png
    CV1jY.png
    jM4gA.png

1GWnR.png
    qptr6.png
    UOQSb.png

RUcWY.png
    Mods/Themes for Victory

Mirror for VictoryROM: VictoryROM1.1.zip

Since I've been pm'd about the mods I put together for this rom a few times, I thought I would put up the links to the original posts here so you don't need to go digging through the entire thread...

Please read the posts as they include pics (for the most part), and describe (for the most part) what will be affected by the zip.
    ***NOTE: All of these zips should work on any of the deodexed roms based on 2.3.6 - but, they will most likely change some other aspects of the theme, as everything here was based on the VictoryROM v1.1 theme.***

These will only change the battery.

These are for the reboot option in power menu.

These will change the phone signal bars and pulldown toggles (the altTheme one will change the battery, power menu, pulldown, and lockscreen too).

This one will change the battery, lockscreen, and power menu.

The download links should all still be working. So, flash and enjoy!

Again, thanks to Googler_1976 for the great and stable base rom. Though your time with us was short lived, your wonderful creation will live on!! :) (LOL)

_______
    CREDITS (been meaning to do this for a while):

-First of all it's Googler_1976's base, so a lot of credit goes the him and where ever he got/made the stuff from - I don't know the details.

-The 1% batteries were partially borrowed from other roms and/or mods, and partially by me - I honestly do not fully remember from where :eek:, but I know for sure that I borrowed the services.jar, and possibly a couple xmls from the values folder in the framework-res (I mean, around 200 or so lines in the public.xml alone...) -Thank you who ever took the time originally! lfaber06? JRW28, maybe?

-Reboot in power menu was by me with help from a couple how-to's (mainly here, thanks spear1403). But, I'm sure I compared with the others previously made around here by JRW & Cogeary (used in SCV5.2).

-Images and icons, etc.: oh, boy... ummm, from here and there...:D. I did at one time get permission from edint3000 to use Team Carbon themes (that's where the blue wavy phone signal came from, i think). Some of them, I edited or made myself with GIMP (e.g. the sleep icon in the latest reboot option zip - just copied the power button, which is stock samsung i believe). And, those battery .pngs are floating all over the place (e.g. here, and here). Those latest dropdown toggles I found are really nice - I'll have to track those down again..

If anybody recognizes their personal work, please let me know, kindly, by PM.

(If anyone has any further questions about these mods, please feel free to pm me.)
    Reboot in Power Menu for Victory 1.1

Finally got the reboot option in power menu working!

In the first attachment, I kept all of the Victory1.1 themeing and included the vertical 1% batt mod (it's the closest match to the v1.1 batt icon).

The second attachment has the 1% circle batt, a modified lockscreen, and close to stock checkboxes.
    1333714914266.jpg

1333714932591.jpg

1333714994513.jpg

Note: You won't get the modded wifi and phone signal (for those mods, see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24765078&postcount=139)...

I hope Googler doesn't mind.. but since he's gone until next month...

Via CWM..
    Wipe cache & dalvik..
    Install zip..
    Reboot (will take a few minutes)..

------
    EDIT: Updated 1% circle reboot file 4/12/12 (added the services.jar - 1% increments should work directly now)
    Ok I hate fileserve so I added a dropbox mirror

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23154/VictoryROM1.1.zip