MIUI.us 3.2.8 For TMobile Galaxy S-III

Search This thread

hgmarcia

May 18, 2009
Does the ktoonz kernel work on this ROM?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

hakahaka

Aug 6, 2010
Tried the latest leankernal it break a few things. on boot the screen flickers white, themes app never loads, instagram doesn't load camera force closes when swapping between gallery and the camera.

TheShoura

Jun 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Some input after using MIUI for several hours (phone is not in my possession but rather a phone I manage for my roommate)

A few apps would FC after being installed until rebooted
example: Install Gmail, open Gmail = Gmail FC.....Reboot... Everything works great (no FC)
This was pretty consistent across a couple Google Apps. Needed several reboots

Using the Inbuilt browser, if you're on the youtube site and try to play a video, browser will FC (with and without the youtube app installed)... This happened a couple of times... Didn't seem to be a problem with Chrome

Permissions manager.... is it normal to ask what seems like 10 times for a "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO GIVE THIS WHATEVER PERMISSION"? I found that a bit bonkers

Other than that - the ROM was very smooth, slick, always love MIUI's themeing ability. Good work!

TheShoura

Jun 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
This is the norm in MIUI 4. Just making sure that you are giving root permission to an app that you want to.

I had figured so but the one time it alarmed me was when I thought had to accept all the prompts to get Gmail working (part of the reboot-to-fix-fc issue I posted about previously)

Why would Gmail trigger the root permission manager too? I had assumed it was for SDcard access and Widget access, but I really wasn't sure

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
Im on ll1 jellybean whit a t999v from videotron would this rom work? Bored of touchwiz here...

Sent from my SGH-T999V using xda premium

Pretty sure what matters is the T999 part, anything after that is just fluff. Heh... You might have to Odin down to ics first though... That's how it works for me at least.. The jb update changed some partitions around... So you might get some mad fc's if you don't.

rener78

Some input after using MIUI for several hours (phone is not in my possession but rather a phone I manage for my roommate)

A few apps would FC after being installed until rebooted
example: Install Gmail, open Gmail = Gmail FC.....Reboot... Everything works great (no FC)
This was pretty consistent across a couple Google Apps. Needed several reboots

Using the Inbuilt browser, if you're on the youtube site and try to play a video, browser will FC (with and without the youtube app installed)... This happened a couple of times... Didn't seem to be a problem with Chrome

Permissions manager.... is it normal to ask what seems like 10 times for a "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO GIVE THIS WHATEVER PERMISSION"? I found that a bit bonkers

Other than that - the ROM was very smooth, slick, always love MIUI's themeing ability. Good work!

As for permissions welcome to MIUI's roms :)

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-T999V avec Tapatalk

Reactions: TheShoura

hgmarcia

May 18, 2009
Ktoonz kernel causes flickers and its not worth it, went back to the one the ROM came with.

GhostIsBaked

Aug 21, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Could you be a tad more specific? I had issues with any Google apps installed not opening until the phone was rebooted.

Initially it was having problems downloading or updating apps. Showed as if it were downloading but it actually wasn't it was doing anything, it was just stuck on the animation. Even after a reboot it was still present, but I think it's fixed as of now.

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
Initially it was having problems downloading or updating apps. Showed as if it were downloading but it actually wasn't it was doing anything, it was just stuck on the animation. Even after a reboot it was still present, but I think it's fixed as of now.

That happens to me sometimes, what I've sort of pinned it to, is miui being so intent on you using wifi instead of data for absolutely everything.
Disabling the download size limit in the download app doesn't really fix this either..
Because every now and again when you download stuff, a dialog box will pop up asking to queue it or cancel it, (this is different from the 'set up wifi' box that appears) and I find that sometimes it just disappears and will leave your download, and all subsequent downloads, in limbo.

What sort of helps is raising the limit miui thinks your data allotment is per month from their data monitor app (called 'network assistant') .
Also, in the settings in that app, there an option three down from the top, as seen in the screen shot, (the "disconnect from the Internet...'" option) that helped out when I disabled it..
I was having download problems and after Disabling it, the problem seemed to be fixed...

This might be unrelated to your problem, But I figured it might help..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-22-08-06-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-08-06-14.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Reactions: garymachete

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 JB 3.2.8 For TMobile Samsung Galaxy S-III

Installation Instructions
    Boot into recovery
    Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    Create a backup
    Factory reset device and wipe caches
    Install zip from SD card
    Reboot and enjoy!

What Works
    Everything as far as I know. You tell me!
    I changed the build.prop and updater script to reflect T Mobile from my AT&T build.
    If you have any issues let me know just encase I missed something

3.2.8 Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m73lhljpctelok5

GApps

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk2q9g3m6y0o9b1

Thanks To
    Chairface
    MIUI.us Team and IRC
    iBotPeaches

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your bricked units if you do not install properly...if you are not sure what MiUi US is please search it and you will find a vast amount of info...

Change Log
    Update highlights of MIUI ROM 3.1.11

Not much has changed

Hello Ppl.

Take a moment and read this. :) MIUIv5 For your Phone Coming SOON :)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41056649&postcount=87
    So..................this is where I'm at. I ported Miui 3.2.8 over, works nice. As for the other options...
    I got toolbox working for hiding the status bar and removing icon labels, so I'm happy here. I can't get it working yet for the center clock, but I have control panel suite working which does the same thing with other options so not a bad alternative. I'm going to see if I can roll all of this into one package before I release, but I will release something over the next few days....
    Will you be continuing to port for us?

Probably....I really do like MIUI.....
    Hopefully I will have an update out by tomorrow...Just waiting on the toolbox....