TMobile SDA (US) w/ WM6- Buttons not working!

Search This thread

atarilynx

Sep 5, 2007
Let me just begin by saying that you all are awesome. I am incredibly impressed you were able to get WM6 working on the Tornado. I have a TMobile SDA (USA). I used Andot's Perfect WM6 ROM to flash. I didn't have any problems other than a few spontaneous reboots after flashing the ROM. I do have a question though.

After flashing, I now cant get my T-Mobile button nor my review, play, and forward buttons(the ones that are on the same row) to work. I would like them to work with media player like they used to. I could give a rat's ass about the T-Mobile button, but it would be nice to be able to assign it or any of those other buttons to a specific function.

Is there a specific customization CAB I was supposed to install for the TMobile SDA (USA) to get those buttons working? How can I use or reassign those buttons?

Thanks in advance for your help!

atarilynx

Sep 5, 2007
Many thanks...

Thanks a bunch...that works for me. You all rock!

Maybe one other question...when I imaged my phone, after it was done, it would reset about every few minutes. Sometimes I would try opening stuff, and it would seem to lock up, then reset.

Things seem to be ok now... I have not had it reset on me once after the first few hours. Did others have that experience too?

imthewa1rus

Oct 10, 2006
Neither of the phones that I've flashed have had that problem.
Both of them being TMob SDAs.

I have no clue why your phone was doing that, hope it got that out of it's system!

mikeeey

Feb 17, 2007
Everett, Washington
actually if you guys notice, it still doesnt work. you will try and configure the fastforward button, but when you try to hold it down, it only sees it as a press, not a hold.

imthewa1rus

Oct 10, 2006
true, the hold and seek feature is lost from those buttons, but you can still do that with the joystick if you must.

I personally have no problem with that as I hardly seek through songs.

something else is still tweaked though, on one of my sda's, i did the button fix then installed the tcpmp shortcuts from mobile.surrealnetworks.com/SDAapps.htm
now the buttons do not line up at all with what they are supposed to do. I think the "previous track" button becomes the play button and whatnot.

maybe phil can come up with a better sp5m fix :)
or, you know, someone else who actually knows what's going on.
I need to sit down some evening and really dig in and figure out what exactly these fix cabs are doing.

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
I think you need to find the attribute for WMplayer which is used for seeking forward or backward, then save it as Long_AP#.lnk where # is the button number

imthewa1rus

Oct 10, 2006
I think you need to find the attribute for WMplayer which is used for seeking forward or backward, then save it as Long_AP#.lnk where # is the button number

In the past, I have had poor luck with assigning a Long_AP command when there wasn't one already set for that button. Not sure if something needs to be added to the registry as well?

Otherwise, I would set long buttons for all sorts of apps :-/
Like, in Andot's rom, I love having the long home go to celetask.

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Same, I tried to assign an attribute to long_ap, it did not work, why dont you copy the lnk files from AKU2 ROm ?

imthewa1rus

Oct 10, 2006
That is probably a good suggestion, tho, I still think there is probably more to it . . . I would try it out, but I'm moving in a couple days, and have priorities that must be attended to :-(

iron1

Mar 19, 2007
i think it has something to do with htcwmpplugin.dll, plus maybe sumthing to do with this registry i found it when i dumped the tmobile rom... and checked the rgu files

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{72F3E437-17E6-484E-9C96-13181D4039CB}]
"FriendlyName"="HTC Key Mapping UI Plug-in"

"Description"="HTC Key Mapping UI Plug-in"

"Capabilities"=dword:1

i havent tried most ,too lazy!!! hehehe!

Exitao

Aug 28, 2007
Vancouver
What are you guys talking about "assigning attributes" to the long_ap#.lnk?

Are you talking about adding in a command line style switch to change the way the intended application will handle the shortcut?

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
actualy, i have followed these and othere forums for quite some time and i have yet to see if anyone has figured out how to get the media buttons working on roms were that feature does not come by default

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
What are you guys talking about "assigning attributes" to the long_ap#.lnk?

Are you talking about adding in a command line style switch to change the way the intended application will handle the shortcut?

Its not attribute, its parameter/arguments

Yes ! thats what we are talking about

tejasphatak

Dec 17, 2006
Pune
I have created a cab file for the same. but the problem of using the htcwmpplugin is that the keys are mapped differently. the internet explorer key is mapped to the previous button and the play key becomes the previous key.. which is a problem.. that's why i want to know which keypad drivers are being used. The keypad drivers used for tornado music or imate sp5m is a little bit different.

Try using it..

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45775&d=1186047418]

iron1

Mar 19, 2007
i think i got it... i dumpeed the t-mobile rom took the keybddr.dll folder and incorporated it into andots ppe v6. i also removed the keybddr.dll had in it...
after building it...
i then i copied the sp5m zip files (those short_ap1-4 .lnks) to my windows folder, installed the cab tejasphatak gave here... then it all worked...

iron1

Mar 19, 2007
the keybddr.dll folder

here is the file incase you guys want it...

Attachments

• keybddr.dll.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 38