Miracast with CM11?

Search This thread

uscanst56

Oct 25, 2012
I've never got cast to work properly with cm11 or any custom rom. Only stock. Using an android box with miracast receiver. Let us know if you have success. Oh mine was keedox android box think i picked it up less than 50 bucks.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

uscanst56

Oct 25, 2012
Not saying it doesn't. Just my experience. Ive not tried a new cm11 build in awhile. Maybe others will chime in with positive outcomes.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

chaosdemon06

Jun 7, 2010
Well just worried I heard chromecast just added the option to mirror my friend gave me a chromecast and I've been using it. I updated the app to the newest software and no cast for the phone.

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
Well just worried I heard chromecast just added the option to mirror my friend gave me a chromecast and I've been using it. I updated the app to the newest software and no cast for the phone.
It only works on certain phones for now like note 3 galaxy 4 and 5 nexus 4 and 5 and some others. I know it Sucks.

chaosdemon06

Jun 7, 2010
Well I'm installing the newest nightly to see if that helps too. Right now it's crashing when trying to cast. At least it shows it now :)

chaosdemon06

Jun 7, 2010
Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.

chaosdemon06

Jun 7, 2010
Went ahead and bought the one listed in the original post. I won it for 18 bucks. Pick had to use 16 in ebay bucks in 3 days or lose them so only really had to pay like 2 bucks for it. Hopefully I"ll be able to mirror with this. I'm really surprised no one with CM 11 as bought a miracast doggle before.

Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
Happy to report it does work! There's a little lag though sometimes. Wonder if the doggle needs a update.

Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!

chaosdemon06

Jun 7, 2010
Can you provide additional info on how this particular dongle worked for you? I have just gotten into Miracast, and am looking at dongles etc. I have looked at Netgear's Push2TV and Actiontec Screenbeam Pro. I was very skeptical about these smaller manufacturer dongle...so I would appreciate your input on this dongle you bought.

BTW, just remember that as far as Laptops/Computers go the computer HARDWARE must be Intel certified for Widi to work, even though Windows 8.1 has Miracast SOFTWARE. So for now I am stuck using only my phone/tablet natively.

Thanks for any feedback!

Well it worked if I was on the same wifi even though it didn't need the net to be on in order to work. Since the chrome cast option came out I didn't really worry about using the miraicast anymore but wanted to try it out. I'm sure it will work even better with a higher priced miricast doggle but ya again it works but for hotel wise I just went with my android doggle it always plays anything perfectly fine and it entertained all of my gf and Is roommates a ton.

Reactions: chappatti

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for any feedback!

Well it worked if I was on the same wifi even though it didn't need the net to be on in order to work. Since the chrome cast option came out I didn't really worry about using the miraicast anymore but wanted to try it out. I'm sure it will work even better with a higher priced miricast doggle but ya again it works but for hotel wise I just went with my android doggle it always plays anything perfectly fine and it entertained all of my gf and Is roommates a ton.