Dock detect / autorotate

Search This thread

palkens

Sep 1, 2009
Hi
i have desire s dock station (non oryginal) and i d like to have autorotate home screen or start dock app when my phone is in it

so how does desire s detect dock?
does it have magnetic lik motorola droid or sth?

or it cannot detect and i have to lunch manually the app?

any ideas?

i use [ROM] [AUG 26] Desire S Gingerbread 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0 {v0.3} {EXT4 FS}

palkens

Sep 1, 2009
i read aboaut it but can it for example lunch sth when i plug usb AND phone is landscape (read from gsensor) ??

korenisko

Apr 23, 2009
Realme 7
Yes, it can do that with all things you specified. I tried this with Tasker before a while. Buy tasker or download its trial from home page...

korenisko

Apr 23, 2009
Realme 7
its not possible to rotate home screen sense.
But with Tasker, you can launch dock mode app, if you dock your desire S

palkens

Sep 1, 2009
im testing tasker at the moment but when i found that from my link !!

it is possible desire z rotate home screen when you open keyboard so it is possible

the question is hot to activate it !

Valwit

May 1, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G4
it is possible to rotate, there are threads about it. the dock detection may work like in the good old palm days: a certain resistor value on the usually unused 5th pin in the connector. depending on the valye the device will know if it is a dock or cable or whatever.

Valwit

May 1, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G4
ok got a dock myself, and indeed it's annoying if the screen does not auto rotate/auto launch dock mode. as menstioned before usually a resistor in the connector is responsible, but from what i found on forum, a value of 45-49kOhm shopuld do it. should, as it does not. it launches the car dock instead, not the home dock. however: 0-10 ohm will do :) basically all you need to do is connect the 4th pin (which is not connected at all) to ground. if in the home dock app the checkmark is set to auto launch then all is done. put the phone into the dock and the screen gets rotated and dock app launched autmatically.

seems like resistor values are different even between htc phones, there's a sensation thread with some resitor values and it seems not to work for my desire s

Reactions: palkens

palkens

Sep 1, 2009
nice :)

but i build myself "case" for landscae dock to made it portrait :) (with LEGO bricks:p) and it works ;D

i ve done it becouse i found another disadvatage of dock app
i use bt headset and i couldnt dial up number withoud closeing dock app! so i had to just make my dock portarait:)

sry for my bad bad english

Valwit

May 1, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G4
Well, you take a piece of wire, connect one end to pin 4 (soldering will be the best opition) and the other end to the ground, which is very handy at pin 5. that's it.

of course you need to open the case, how you do that depends on the case itself. i had 4 screws at the botom.

Reactions: old.splatterhand

Valwit

May 1, 2009
Nexus 7 (2013)
LG G4
there are som infos, that you can use apktool to decode Rosie.apk, then edit the manifest.xml and changing "nosensor" to "sensor". recompile, upload to phone and it should rotate.
i tried but the rosie.apk i got back was about 60% of the original size, and simple exchanging the encoded xml did not work

Reactions: Skanob

Skanob

Feb 19, 2011
Perth
there are som infos, that you can use apktool to decode Rosie.apk, then edit the manifest.xml and changing "nosensor" to "sensor". recompile, upload to phone and it should rotate.
i tried but the rosie.apk i got back was about 60% of the original size, and simple exchanging the encoded xml did not work

Thanks for the great info. But the results of my experimentation has given me disappointing results. Check it here:

Desire S may NOT or will NOT receive native DOCK support

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok got a dock myself, and indeed it's annoying if the screen does not auto rotate/auto launch dock mode. as menstioned before usually a resistor in the connector is responsible, but from what i found on forum, a value of 45-49kOhm shopuld do it. should, as it does not. it launches the car dock instead, not the home dock. however: 0-10 ohm will do :) basically all you need to do is connect the 4th pin (which is not connected at all) to ground. if in the home dock app the checkmark is set to auto launch then all is done. put the phone into the dock and the screen gets rotated and dock app launched autmatically.

seems like resistor values are different even between htc phones, there's a sensation thread with some resitor values and it seems not to work for my desire s
    Well, you take a piece of wire, connect one end to pin 4 (soldering will be the best opition) and the other end to the ground, which is very handy at pin 5. that's it.

of course you need to open the case, how you do that depends on the case itself. i had 4 screws at the botom.