Votes: 41 35.7%
  • No. Gingerbread zip

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • No ICS zip

Votes: 18 15.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread
HI dude thanks for the interest ...

i have a BL7 or if you are talking about the black screen where we flash sbf .. there it says boot loader 9.10 ...

does it make a diff if i have a Secific bootloader version ... !!!!

What about you .. whats your BL version ?

I'm too on bl7
And I'm thinking that this is the problem.
Because the older defy doesn't have this problem only the newer defy+ make this problem 5 times/day.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

ibtihaaz

Aug 13, 2011
Bolton UK
oh crap

I'm too on bl7
And I'm thinking that this is the problem.
Because the older defy doesn't have this problem only the newer defy+ make this problem 5 times/day.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

:( .... very bad ... but sometimes it works alrite .. and i never make note of any rom that works very well .. and thats why probably i flashed my defy with a BL7 rom without reading just a piece of note .... bugger :(

i just moved to cm10.1 today and now i am waiting for the RIL to show its ugly face .... so far no RIL bug yet ..lets wait n see

anyways thanks a lot

Pekempy

Using Walter79 latest CM9.1 build, I'm unable to unsimlock. I've tried flashing the baseband and the ICS unlock zip, but it still asked for the unlock pin.

Has anyone else had this problem, or found a solution? Thanks

NB: I'm on BL7 and unsimlock works on CM10/11 using ICS zip

Update: using the code below in terminal it works; however I need to do it every time I boot. Any way around this?
*aeroplane mode on*
Code:
su
bp_ptc
*aeroplane mode off*
-------------------
UPDATE

Changed boot in boot menu to 2nd init instead of 2nd boot, added the following lines to /system/etc/init.local.rc and it works :)
Code:
 service bp-ptc /system/bin/bp_ptc
    class main
    user root
    group root
    oneshot
Sent from my MB525
Bayer (Red Lens)
Quarx CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Last edited:
Reactions: rc_nico

lloxtarll

Jul 10, 2013
hi,
I am a newbie. I have a t-mobile defy. I am using cyanogen mod 7.2 and I tried either ICS or GB unlock.zip. But I am asked for the sim unlock pin.
based band of my phone is the same as the first post.
1. I wipe my phone completely.
2. I flash GB unlock.zip
3. reboot with t-mobile sim
4. turn off and change sim
5. reboot phone again
But it does not work, then, I tried to turn on airplane mode and put su + bp_ptc like the instruction of the second post.

And, it still ask sim unlock code.

Anybody help me please?

kmai

Jan 26, 2011
Works but bricks my mobile:

These are the steps I'm following:
Device: MB525 (Mistakingly flashed a Defy+ SBF)
Base SBF: DFL_U3_4.5.2_51-50_SIGNED_USADEFYB25MSTLALA007.0R_STABLE45LADEFYMOVLA_P010_A015_M001_HWp3_WIG148136_Service1FF.sbf
Bootloader: 09.10 (BL6 AFAIK)

Flashes without problem, phone turns on and works. I get the simlock message (radio works)

I then root the Stock ROM with SuperOneClick and install 2nd-Init, reboot and go into recovery.

Then I tried with CM10 (several nightlies) and Mint 4.1, both with custom kernel (as I just wanted to go this way to recover the camera). I always do a factory reset and just re-install everything.

I install the zip with the bp_ptc and the init.rc files and with the stock baseband on mint, I still get prompted, but it's not solved. On CM10, it works, but after a while the phone reboots and gets in a loop. I had to re-flash the baseband and clear dalvik/cache, then the phone would start again, rebuild the cache and work for a day or two.

I have a dmesg and some bp_panic.bin files if useful.. :)

The phone starts,

Stupidchavs

Dec 30, 2012
Liverpool
Works, but how to implement in WIUI?

Update: using the code below in terminal it works; however I need to do it every time I boot. Any way around this?
*aeroplane mode on*
Code:
su
bp_ptc
*aeroplane mode off*
-------------------
UPDATE

Changed boot in boot menu to 2nd init instead of 2nd boot, added the following lines to /system/etc/init.local.rc and it works :)
Code:
 service bp-ptc /system/bin/bp_ptc
    class main
    user root
    group root
    oneshot

So Unlock works on my phone using *aeroplane, bp_ptc, aeroplane off*, but I've got a new phone now so I'm giving it to my dad, who isn't too tech savvy, so running terminal code at every boot pretty much isn't an option.
I tried this system file edit, but that specific file doesn't exist on my phone!
Any ideas what I would need to edit in WIUI?

DrLamok

Dec 19, 2012
Does this work on 4.4 ? SlimKat? CM11 ?

Anybody tried this on 4.4? SlimKat or CM11 ? Any success?

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a software unlock for the Motorola Defy

• NEW: Jelly Bean roms and ICS roms work!
    • See the troubleshooting post (post N°2) if you have problems!

Last update: 06/06/2012 ->Troubleshooting section updated (see post 2)

Disclaimer: This manipulation is not risk free. Niether I nor XDA Developpers can be held responsible for damage made upon your phone. Thus, don’t worry we're doing good work and you'll do a backup ;)

Root is needed!

Credits go to yakk from motofan.ru / Special thanks to Labsin for his involvement and help​

Note: Not all Baseband versions work with this hack, to know if it will work for you, go to settings-> system info and check if baseband version is "EPU93_U_00.59.01". If it is not indicated there, then try installing defybaseband switcher and look at info in the app

If your baseband version is different, you can try to change it to the one that works (nandroid backup first ) by downloading Baseband_change(EPU93_U_00.59.01).zip, and putting it in /sdcard/, and flashing it via recovery.​

Flashing a zip has never been easier

Thanks to labsin, there's an easy flashable.zip that will:

1. Backup your original two files and put them in the folder "simlock_original_files" on your SD card (safety first :D )
    2. Apply a modification to init.mapphone_umts.rc
    3. Copy the fixed bp_ptc file
    Go into recovery, flash Softunlock_defy_v1.1.zip that fits your baseband version and you're done!

!!YOU MUST REBOOT ONCE AFTER THE OPERATION BEFORE CHANGING SIMS!!

Voila!

Don't forget to reboot phone once!
    Only then you can test by rebooting with another simcard

Hit thanks button if i helped you! :D
    Any problems? I'm here to help ;)
    Changelog

v1.3:
    • ICS ROMs are now fully supported!
    v1.2:
    • zip will check if the line to be added already exists, so it doesn't get added more than once
    v1.1:
    • automated zip that will add a line in mapphone_umts and copy fixed pt_ptc in system

Troubleshooting

• I have no signal when i put another simcard in my Defy
    Have you rebooted at least once BEFORE changing sim cards??​
    Try using Defybaseband switcher to select the correct frequencies for your carrier​
    Try method below​

• You are still asked the unlock code

- Turn on Airplane Mode
    - Run Terminal emulator and type "su" and then "bp_ptc"
    - Turn ofr Airplane Mode

• Airplane mode won't turn off
    Flash the baseband(EPU.0.59..) file in the first post, then play around with your APNs and network settings untill you fix it (see post 308)​

• You are having trouble unlocking a stock ROM
    See Post 260

Proof of success

Holy mother of Jesus, I could unsimlock my defy+ (plus) :D :D . Here is what i did (i think some steps could be ignored but is good to know the entire procedure i've done)

1) Because of a failed CM7 flash, first I flashed a 2.3.5 SBF
    2) Flashed quarkx 26-feb nightly for defy+ (baseband EPU93_U_00.60.00)
    3) Changed to a proper baseband with defy-baseband-switcher v4.0
    3) Changed to baseband EPU_U_00.59.01 following steps mentioned in 1st page
    4) Flashed softunlock 1.2 for EPU_U_00.59.01
    5) Rebooted (still no sim change till this step)
    6) Power off the phone and changed SIM

7) Rebooted
    8) Almost had an orgasm :D

I'll be posting links i used later if somebody ask for them

Thanks to all people directly and indirectly involved (very special thanks to crakeron for his help)
    Quarx added this to his ramdisk. Expect the softunlock to work in the next release.

Edit:
    Attachment is for adding the binary. Should be all you need (in the fist nightly after 19 October).

Edit 2: New zip.
    Hi

Using a MB525 green lens with Quarx' CM10 from 17.11 i applied baseband switcher patch (no change in sysinfo) and ICS softunlock, then SIO scheduler setting you told, it seems to work but will i have to unlock each time i update rom..?
    This unlocking method seems to work better with 02.11 version of the maybe it's better to downgrade until a better fix is published..? as it's not for my phone i can't tweak it whenever i want and has to work flawlessly...

Thanks in advance
    Julien

Well, i have a green lens too, so i tried to reproduce the problem on my phone. And it happens. This is what i did:
    -Full wipe
    -Flashed 17/11 CM10 build
    -Flashed Gapps (without voice)
    -Flashed ICS_Defy_softunlock_v1.3(EPU_U_00.59.01).zip directly (without baseband change)
    -Reboot and then i had an endless boot loop on bootanimation as expected.
    -Changed the value of iosched_sio to 0, then reboot. It booted normally and unlocked.

Then i registered my account, etc. and changed baseband to get signal. Rebooted again and everything normal.
    After another reboot just to check, i got an endless bootloop again as you said. So yes, this is new... to be sure, i disabled CPU settings and it booted again normally. After more testing i can say that it boots ok with CPU settings enabled but with Boosted governor, and sio disabled, so this build have problems with sio AND with interactive governor too.
    Long story short: Dont use this build (it can be used and unlocked, but you will lose interactive governor), wait for next one to see if this is fixed.
    To get it to boot i had to flash the http://quarx2k.ru/cm10-2ndboot-nightly-defy(+)/update_for_02.11.zip. I know it is backward but maybe someone can find the difference.

I then installed the 1109 rom and disabled the cpu settings in the bootmenu. This sets it to ondemand and boots and is simunlocked after flashing the unlock zip. I then changed the govenor to interactive in the performance settings. Try and see. Nothing to lose.

The problem is not the governor, but the I/O sheduler. Some JB roms will not pass boot animation if you keep SIO sheduler activated after soft-unlock. To disable it, go to bootmenu->CPU settings->scroll down to iosched_sio and change the value from 1 to 0. This will disable SIO scheduler but you will keep interactive gobernor and the phone will boot normally. The CFQ sheduler will be enabled. Hope this helps.