[Q] camera not working galaxy note

Search This thread

DickGizinia

Feb 11, 2013
Yes I know I am a NOOB at 46 but I still can't resist messin with **** that isn't broken. Loved the NOOB video.
The probem is I think I flashed a dodgey ROM app and got scared half way through and tried to reset the phone to factory.
This is my Galaxy Note GT n7000. I have done a factory reset 3 times and believe I am well on my way to bricking my phone if I do this again.
All is good so far except the CAMERA.
I have downloaded the necessary HOTFILE STOCK ROM for NZ from your site but am now scared ****less to flash it.
Should I just give it back to the manufacturer and say DUH I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED and let them fix it
I also have GINGER BREAD 2.3.6 ROM Should I just flash this and hope for a fix
I also have ICS 4.0.4 XXLRG Should I Flash this after 2.3.6

Just need a little help and direction, as this is all quite new to me. Yes I'm sure this has all been done before and as I yell at my kids for doin stupid **** you deserve the same latitude.

Cheers ****:D

Jul 15, 2011
Delhi
Realme GT 2
flash gb first.. after flashing the gb do a factory reset and then check your camera if it's working or not.. if you got lucky and got it working then flash a ics otherwise take it to manufacturer for repair.. don't mess up when you don't know what you are doing :p
Ps: if everything goes well and you flashed a ics rom then please flash a modified stock kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: DickGizinia

DickGizinia

Feb 11, 2013
Camera

flash gb first.. after flashing the gb do a factory reset and then check your camera if it's working or not.. if you got lucky and got it working then flash a ics otherwise take it to manufacturer for repair.. don't mess up when you don't know what you are doing :p
Ps: if everything goes well and you flashed a ics rom then please flash a modified stock kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901191

Thanks for your reply, but if you look at the other reply it says to flash ics and NOT to do a FACTORY reset and you say to do the factory reset what is the risk of doing the factory reset

Not to sure which version of PHILZ modified Kernel to use Can you help with this

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
If you choose GB, it's safe. But ICS kernels have a bug which can brick the phone if a factory wipe is made. What abhinav said was to do a wipe in GB. Which is safe. What I told you was you can directly install the ICS rom but refrain from wiping till you install a safe kernel.

Go to OAD forum of note and you will see Philz thread. Download any ICS kernel like DDLRB and place on external SD. Then boot in to recovery and choose "apply update from external storage". Choose the zip file you downloaded. Once done boot into recovery again. Yubwill have Cwm. Now you have a safe kernel. You can do a factory wipe.

DickGizinia

Feb 11, 2013
If you choose GB, it's safe. But ICS kernels have a bug which can brick the phone if a factory wipe is made. What abhinav said was to do a wipe in GB. Which is safe. What I told you was you can directly install the ICS rom but refrain from wiping till you install a safe kernel.

Go to OAD forum of note and you will see Philz thread. Download any ICS kernel like DDLRB and place on external SD. Then boot in to recovery and choose "apply update from external storage". Choose the zip file you downloaded. Once done boot into recovery again. Yubwill have Cwm. Now you have a safe kernel. You can do a factory wipe.

Thank you for your help. I have fixed the camera with the GB update and went on to update ICS XXLRG, but this still isnt CwM.

Im not sure which Cwm to use There is an XXLSC-XJB which is close. Should I use this one or does it matter

. PhilZ files were unavailable for download as well is there another place to get this file and what is the easiest method to install

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
You have an ICS rom. You can use any ICS kernel by Philz. Use xxlrt or ddlrb
Flashing via odin will increase the counter and yellow triangle at boot. Best is to flash via recovery. Place the zip version of the kernel on ext sd card and boot into recovery

DickGizinia

Feb 11, 2013
Flashing via odin will increase the counter and yellow triangle at boot. Best is to flash via recovery. Place the zip version of the kernel on ext sd card and boot into recovery

Thanks again

I used modified ICS kernel PhilZ cwm6 XXLRG DBT 3.99 signed zip version but when I boot from SD it stops and says that it can't verify the signature and wont install

Do I need and unzip app? If I install this update will I have root access to run apps like Titanium Backup?

Or should I use the tar file in ODIN?

I do appreciate all your time and effort

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
What option did you select in recovery?

This is what you need to follow
1. Download the signed zip version of the kernel and place in external sd.
2. Boot into recovery and choose "apply update from external storage".
3. Choose the file you downloaded.
4. It will do the magic.

This will give you root access and yes apps like TB can be used. Also you will get CWM and it's a safe kernel too.

Jul 15, 2011
Delhi
Realme GT 2
Dude he has done everything correct i know.. The v.3.99 of ics kernels are not built correctly when you flash them in stock ics recovery they always give a verification failed error.. But the older versions are ok to be flashed in stock ics recovery

vj_zero

Jan 15, 2012
Use the tar method only if u are confident enough
And yes you will be able to run applications like titanium backup
And for the flash counter just use triangle away
Search Google for it

All is well that ends well

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you can go ahead and flash ICS 4.0.4 but donot do a factory reset on stock recovery/kernel..