[ROM][evita][Official][KitKat - 4.4.2] - Gummy Nighly's

Search This thread

rsbear

Jul 19, 2013
tx
Use your favorite file manager and go to your system folder you'll see a file in there called build.prop and a line in that file ro.sf.lcd_density=280.

The default for our device is 320. The lower the number the smaller stuff will be on your screen.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
Use your favorite file manager and go to your system folder you'll see a file in there called build.prop and a line in that file ro.sf.lcd_density=280.

The default for our device is 320. The lower the number the smaller stuff will be on your screen.

This is really good info. I haven't looked around in the forum but if it isn't there, this almost deserves it's own thread with explanations.

Sweet Carrots! You are the man today!

Reactions: rsbear

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
This is really good info. I haven't looked around in the forum but if it isn't there, this almost deserves it's own thread with explanations.

Sweet Carrots! You are the man today!

Here's what a DPI of 250 looks like. I find it's perfect as you can fit a great deal more on your screen. I can't stand looking at a 320 DPI display anymore.

Sent from my Evita.

Attachments

• 1387129159887.jpg
    1387129159887.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: Madcat8686

Z1cK

May 29, 2013
the web ;)

It failed to save the build.prop. is the partition system mounted as writable ? If no how can I do it ?
Thanks

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You want to make a copy of the build.prop file and paste it somewhere on your sd card and edit that one. Next you need to edit the permissions of the /system folder so you can edit items within it, you need to tick every box (see screenshot).

Once you've done that you need the rename the original build.prop file (located in /system) to build.prop.bak, then you can copy the edited build.prop file from your sd card into /system, set the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.

Sent from my Evita.

Attachments

• 1387129504545.jpg
    1387129504545.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 197

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
You want to make a copy of the build.prop file and paste it somewhere on your sd card and edit that one. Next you need to edit the permissions of the /system folder so you can edit items within it, you need to tick every box (see screenshot).

Once you've done that you need the rename the original build.prop file (located in /system) to build.prop.bak, then you can copy the edited build.prop file from your sd card into /system, set the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.

Sent from my Evita.

Looks much better. I need to back away from the computer and take a breather because there are too many awesome things happening at the same time in our forums today.Is this the official HTC One XL Development and Mod day?

Z1cK

May 29, 2013
the web ;)

Sent from my Evita.
Thanks mate. But m'y system folder don't allow to change permissions maybe it's my file manager. What do you use ?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well that's just stupid. Sorry, man, I've never really had an issue with it before. I usually edit the build.prop before I flash the ROM though to avoid possible Play Store compatibility issues.

I still copy the build.prop to sd card and edit it. But then I view the ROM zip using an app called Zarchiver and delete the original build.prop from the zip. Then I use the add file feature (while still in the zip) to add the previously edited build.prop into the zip. Then I just flash like normal.

Sent from my Evita.

Z1cK

May 29, 2013
the web ;)
Well that's just stupid. Sorry, man, I've never really had an issue with it before. I usually edit the build.prop before I flash the ROM though to avoid possible Play Store compatibility issues.

I still copy the build.prop to sd card and edit it. But then I view the ROM zip using an app called Zarchiver and delete the original build.prop from the zip. Then I use the add file feature (while still in the zip) to add the previously edited build.prop into the zip. Then I just flash like normal.

Sent from my Evita.

I've done that too...weird !! I think I will live with 280 DPI. Thanks anyway

Edit : finally got it. Thanks for your help Tim !!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY
    IulWCzh.png

Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.*

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Lock clock widget
    * QuickSettings
    * Theme Manager

Device Specific:

Whats not working...
    * In-Call mute
    * HDR camera
    * misc QuickSettings buttons may still have issues (let us know what you find)
    * what else (you tell us)

ChangLOG:

Please review out Gerrit instance to keep up with changes daily...

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

- Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting * * Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    - Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    - Androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker29, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/statuspen,n,z

Twitter- @TeamGummyRom

Download your GApps
    BaNkS GApps 4.4.2
    we recommend PA-Gapps

Download the ROM for evita
    Gummy Nighly's Evita
    Why not make this an official ROM. Hit me up at papi92@droid-hive.com and we can talk if you'd like and get nightlies running for this.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    yup first nightly is up and all future nightlys can be found here
    Gummy Nighly's Evita
    These are going Into our nightly builds. This is an official ROM now for Gummy

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    This guy works so fast! Thanks for making this easy for me, and that i really didnt have to do anything lol