[Q] Accidentally wiped the system and now my Nexus 5 says No OS installed!

Search This thread

azuziel

Nov 26, 2013
Twrp path is. /sdcard/twrp/BACKUPS/your serial number/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Very well could be, i just pointed out what someone else posted earlier in the thread. If hes still unable to get twrp to recognize the image, figured he could try that. Im a cwm touch guy myself.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Very well could be, i just pointed out what someone else posted earlier in the thread. If hes still unable to get twrp to recognize the image, figured he could try that. Im a cwm touch guy myself.

I posted the other path. That was were to push a rom via adb to flash in recovery

jaj473

Jun 19, 2012
Vijayawada
I wiped the system thinking it was part of the system factory reset in TWRP but i didnt know that it would result in it saying NO OS INSTALLED. i read other similar threads about this problem but dont exactly understand what to do and how to restore my phone. i have a nandroid backup but its on my pc and not the internal storage on the phone. im fairly new to this so those replying, please explain exactly what to do. Im so scared about what to do now :crying::crying::crying:

Try this.. it might help
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48605477&postcount=1

thauri

May 30, 2014
Take a new backup, then delete everything in the new backup folder and move everything from your old backop into the new backup folder,

So for example

Code:
adb shell
mount /data
cd /data/media/0/TWRP/backups
ls

^^ This should list the contents... You should see your old backup and your new backup (which will be mostly empty).

Lets pretend your new backup folder is 22222222 and your old backup folder is 11111111

Code:
rm -Rf 222222222/*
mv 111111111/* 222222222

The first command is a remove (recursive) of the contents of the new backup. second command mvs contents of old backup into new backup folder,

Try that.

I don't know TWRP so my assumptions of the path may be incorrect

Now when i tried creating a new backup but it says ' E: Unable to locate storage device.' and fails

thauri

May 30, 2014
Try and fastboot flash a stock cache.img

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks sooo much. I was able to adb side load another ROM then I deleted the entire twrp folder and tried to do a backup to recreate the folder, then I moved the old backup to that folder. Thank you soo much for saving my phone:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't be scared its common and very, very easy to fix

Now I don't use TWRP so I have no idea of the directory structure so I can't advise you exactly.

But what you will essentially do is use adb push to get the files on your phone.

Click the link in my signature to go to the sticky roll up thread. All the important threads are linked there. Y

In that thread you'll quickly find my adb info thread. This should be most of what you need to know

First relax, your phone is not ruined. I assume you have a custom recovery. You're going to have to either side load a rom zip using adb or adb push a rom zip onto your phone and flash it in recovery.

Edit, OP you'll want to push the rom to /sdcard/Download. That'll put it into the folder twrp defaults to look for it.

Well, you have three pretty easy options.

TWRP supports ADB commands, but the stock Google driver won't work. If you install the Universal ADB Driver you should be able to push your backup to your device (adb push [file location on your computer] [where to push on your phone])

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

You could also flash a ROM through adb sideload. Download a ROM zip to your computer, then in TWRP choose Advanced -> ADB Sideload. Then run "adb sideload [zip file]" to sideload the ROM you downloaded.

Last, you can restore to the Nexus Factory Image.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

All of these options will require you to have the Android SDK setup on your computer. The link for the factory images has instructions on how to get that installed.
    ]

All of these options will require you to have the Android SDK setup on your computer. The link for the factory images has instructions on how to get that installed.

Luckily its easier install adb and fastboot than the ask method. Just go to the thread mentioned earlier and use the 15 second installer

OP, no matter what you'll need run that installer

I downloaded everything and ran the flash-all . bat file but its currently been on < waiting for device > for a while now. i think it didnt detect the phone although it is connected through the USB :/

Did you or did you not read my adb and fastboot thread?

And WHY are you going for the last resort first???

You really need to chill out and read things because I don't think you're thinking straight