Weak modem? Poor connectivity, dropped calls after stock upgrade.

Search This thread
After picking up an i717 for wifey from ebay I proceeded to root, and install CM10. Well I then flashed UCLF6 Modem but it proved more trouble-no connection, weak signals if any, rebooting. I tried a few more from this list but with the same issues.
UCLF5 Modem Download
UCLE2 Modem Download
UCLC5 Modem Download
UCLD3 Modem Download

I decided to re-flash the original back UCMD3 but save for reboots the phone works but with a weak connection. It's quite a pain to converse cos calls quality is just poor. Finally I just hooked it up to kies and it has stock 4.1.2 with UCMD3 modem. But the calls are steal weak. I have the same i717 phone with stock 4.0.4 with UCMB4 modem. It has the same weak signal. We are on a Tmobile MVNO solavei. I think Tmo signals near my house are kinda weak that's what I am left to think.

MY QUESTIONS:
-Do stock roms come with modem? I am just wondering if I have the correct modem on this phone since I had flashed a bunch them prior to STOCK restore.
-Is there anything I can do to improve the signals, quality of calls?
-I understand the UCLF6 modem is the latest and greatest. Is it recommended for for stock 4.1.2? I haven't tried it on the current setup, due to to time constraints. What do you guys have? Both phones are rooted.
-Which is the best modem for this unit?

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
Yes stock rom updates include a modem. If you forget what modem you flashed, look at the about device screen. You even posted a picture of it. "Baseband version" means modem version.

Some galaxy notes had usb troubles, so people had to replace the usb board. This reduced cell signal for some reason. Maybe yours has been replaced. I never found a way to make mine better again.

I'm pretty sure the ucmd3 was the latest modem for the i717. I remember some people flashing a tmobile rom that included a better modem. You might want to search for that rom.

Reactions: jayinc11

Mr_Edwards

Feb 19, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
I had actually had this problem also, its not the modem itself but the charge port/flex cable that you replaced I went through almost four or five before I found out that the cheaper the part the more issues you have I LITERALLY had little to no signal so I purchased another bit more expensive one and it fixed the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

I had actually had this problem also, its not the modem itself but the charge port/flex cable that you replaced I went through almost four or five before I found out that the cheaper the part the more issues you have I LITERALLY had little to no signal so I purchased another bit more expensive one and it fixed the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

Holy smokes! I thought this phone was a piece of cr@p already. I have two ports just arrived. I will replace this weekend and update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes stock rom updates include a modem. If you forget what modem you flashed, look at the about device screen. You even posted a picture of it. "Baseband version" means modem version.

Some galaxy notes had usb troubles, so people had to replace the usb board. This reduced cell signal for some reason. Maybe yours has been replaced. I never found a way to make mine better again.

I'm pretty sure the ucmd3 was the latest modem for the i717. I remember some people flashing a tmobile rom that included a better modem. You might want to search for that rom.