[ROM][KITKAT]BeanStalk-4.4.4065-OC2 [4.4.4](14/10/09)

Do you like your device as a 'Mass Storage' or 'Media' Device?

• MassStorageBack! Internal and external HD's on PC

Votes: 306 94.7%
  • DEPRICATED:Mp3 player interface to PC.

Votes: 17 5.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

xxthe

Oct 21, 2012
Jefferson, GA
That would effect the pulldown only of I'm not mistaken. I dunno. Its just a weird querk kinda. I've never seen it happen in other Roms with transparency. Oh well lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wantowan2

Mar 24, 2012
Toronto
That would effect the pulldown only of I'm not mistaken. I dunno. Its just a weird querk kinda. I've never seen it happen in other Roms with transparency. Oh well lol.

Status bar transparency then...lol
Sorry, I had major dental work done today. Pills make me a little groggy...lol

xxthe

Oct 21, 2012
Jefferson, GA
I've messed with that too. If you get it right on the lock screen expect a darker home screen lol.

jedah

Jun 10, 2008
This is a rock solid rom. The bluetooth fix seems to have done the trick, and it's the first > 4.2 rom I've tried where my headset doesn't keep connecting/disconnecting. It will be my daily driver.

About the only thing I miss from DU or Touchwiz is the Facebook sync hack. Any chance a layman can do this? Would the method posted here by chance work even though it was written over a year ago?

http://niranjanthilak.com/facebook-sync-for-android-ics-devices/

rrktt

Jul 21, 2011
This is a rock solid rom. The bluetooth fix seems to have done the trick, and it's the first > 4.2 rom I've tried where my headset doesn't keep connecting/disconnecting. It will be my daily driver.

About the only thing I miss from DU or Touchwiz is the Facebook sync hack. Any chance a layman can do this? Would the method posted here by chance work even though it was written over a year ago?

http://niranjanthilak.com/facebook-sync-for-android-ics-devices/

What? This is the first feature DU has listed. I'm running DU and it works.

Sent from my Skyrocket

jrodbrown58

My screen keeps coming on even with no notifications and I don't have halo or active screen enabled. I believe its BC of one of these three reasons in the picture...any idea on what they are exactly and maybe how I disable them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382495422142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382495422142.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 165

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
My screen keeps coming on even with no notifications and I don't have halo or active screen enabled. I believe its BC of one of these three reasons in the picture...any idea on what they are exactly and maybe how I disable them?

Those are normal, with the exception of the vbus_present wakelock. That one I think is because you have a bad charger or cable, but still doesn't explain your 33%/hour drain.

Look at your partial wakelocks and alarms for a big battery drainer.

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
The 33% per hour is because the phones only been on for 2 minutes. It'll look a whole lot better after a few hours. lol

Smittiegee19

Aug 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
If have to disagree with you slightly in that one. That vbus wakelock well absolutely drain that much. It keeps awake at the lowest freq. Topped with a rogue app and you got your drain.

Sent from my skyrocket running something better than yours! BOOM!

wantowan2

Mar 24, 2012
Toronto

I found this from here. The rest of that thread has plenty of info;)
vbus_present: This wakelock exists as long as the phone is plugged into a wall charger. This wakelock can also persist if you use an Apple-compatible charger, which registers as "slow USB" charging and will cause the wakelock to hold after you'e unplugged.
To fix: Check your phone. Is there a cord plugged into it? If so, does that cord lead to a source of power? If so, unplug your phone (after it's fully charged, of course). Is the wakelock still there? Plug your phone into an OEM charger for a few seconds, then unplug it to kill the wakelock, then consider ditching that piece of fruit you're charging with. I try to use OEM Samsung chargers as much as possible, as they're designed for the phone (and to not cause persistent wakelocks)
Also, what about 'Daydream' and screen timeout...

Reactions: theesotericone

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
If have to disagree with you slightly in that one. That vbus wakelock well absolutely drain that much. It keeps awake at the lowest freq. Topped with a rogue app and you got your drain.

My point was BBS only had 2 minutes of reference. Vbus present will knock your battery down but not that fast. lol It happens for me when I use a usb to comp charge or don't wake up my phone before taking it off my wall charger. The fix is pretty simple to. Reboot.

Reactions: wantowan2

jrodbrown58

I am using an apple USB charger. Maybe that's my problem the whole time... But is that why my screen keeps coming on?

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I found this from here. The rest of that thread has plenty of info;)
Also, what about 'Daydream' and screen timeout...

And I have the screen timeout to 15 seconds and daydream only on charger I believe

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
My point was BBS only had 2 minutes of reference. Vbus present will knock your battery down but not that fast. lol It happens for me when I use a usb to comp charge or don't wake up my phone before taking it off my wall charger. The fix is pretty simple to. Reboot.

I am using an apple USB charger. Maybe that's my problem the whole time... But is that why my screen keeps coming on?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

And I have the screen timeout to 15 seconds and daydream only on charger I believe

Sorry, @Smittiegee19 and @theesotericone both have valid points here. I looked at the screenie quickly on my phone and didn't notice there were only 2 minutes of "on" time.

If this issue is when using your Skyrocket, you might try installing the app in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29451951. You want version 0.3. It will pop up a notification telling you what type of charger was detected and the charging rate. If it detects a charging wakelock (such as with the Apple chargers), it will tell you in the notification it creates.

It's a good troubleshooting tool that I have used many times to sort out bad USB cords, chargers, etc.

I purchased two Griffin dual-USB car chargers that gave me nothing but wake locks (type 6). Griffin is or at least has been seriously in bed with Apple, since these were "Apple certified" LOL.

After determining the wake locks with the Skyrocket Charger Info app, I was able to crack open the cases and solder pins 2 and 3 together on each to convert them to type 2 chargers... There are some good articles out there if you are technically inclined enough to do this and your charger is worth it. ;)

wantowan2

Mar 24, 2012
Toronto
Sorry, @Smittiegee19 and @theesotericone both have valid points here. I looked at the screenie quickly on my phone and didn't notice there were only 2 minutes of "on" time.

If this issue is when using your Skyrocket, you might try installing the app in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29451951. You want version 0.3. It will pop up a notification telling you what type of charger was detected and the charging rate. If it detects a charging wakelock (such as with the Apple chargers), it will tell you in the notification it creates.

It's a good troubleshooting tool that I have used many times to sort out bad USB cords, chargers, etc.

I purchased two Griffin dual-USB car chargers that gave me nothing but wake locks (type 6). Griffin is or at least has been seriously in bed with Apple, since these were "Apple certified" LOL.

After determining the wake locks with the Skyrocket Charger Info app, I was able to crack open the cases and solder pins 2 and 3 together on each to convert them to type 2 chargers... There are some good articles out there if you are technically inclined enough to do this and your charger is worth it. ;)

Hey, also, the kernel come with fast charge. So, if you go into incredicontrol, second tab, you can turn it on. Uses the data channel for power.

Reactions: jrodbrown58

theesotericone

Sep 22, 2013
Hey, also, the kernel come with fast charge. So, if you go into incredicontrol, second tab, you can turn it on. Uses the data channel for power.

It is a nice feature. You just have to make sure your on a USB 3.0 port. I've seen people complain that it only outputs 500ma. That's the max that USB 2.0 can give so just a heads up.

Last edited:
Reactions: raj3366

wantowan2

Mar 24, 2012
Toronto
It is a nice feature. You just have to make sure your on a USB 3.0 port. I've seen people complain that it only outputs 500ma. That's the max that USB 2.0 can give so just a heads up.
Ya, well seeing as it reroutes data to free up 2 extra wires to get the voltage. Plugging into car or plug is better yet. Your right. That stuff should be more known.

freestylejunki32

Jan 26, 2012
Seattle
Is there any way to get the play store to show more apps. I have found that many games are listed as not compatible or simple not listed at all anymore when I used to have them installed on 4.2.for examples real racing, plants vs zombies, etc. Waiting for the app dev to release an update for older games seems implausible lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

hotbyz168

Nov 21, 2007
Is there any way to get the play store to show more apps. I have found that many games are listed as not compatible or simple not listed at all anymore when I used to have them installed on 4.2.for examples real racing, plants vs zombies, etc. Waiting for the app dev to release an update for older games seems implausible lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Try the xposed module for the play store. It forces to show all apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    README.md

Beanstalk%20Presentation.png

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk by Scott.Hart.Bti. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds and including alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!

I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.

Features.png

• CM11 based
    • Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    • Customizable Lockscreen text color
    • Lockscreen rotation
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Minimize lockscreen challange
    • Use widget carousel
    • Slider Shortcuts
    • Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    • Lockscreen button actions
    • LCD Density
    • Scroll elasticity options
    • Default App grip option
    • Custom Carrier label
    • Dual Pane options
    • Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • Status bar color and transparency
    • Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    • Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
    • Breathing SMS option
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
    • Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    • Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    • Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    • Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    • Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
    • High end graphic effects option
    • Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    • Low battery warning customizable options
    • Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    • Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
    • Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

AT&T Skyrocket Specific Release:

• Smart zipalign at boot
    • SQLite optimization
    • Tons of kernel enhancements
    • Entire ROM built from source by wantowan2
    • Click HERE for kernel information (for 4.2.2 v. only)
    • NEW! with v.2.53
    • Improved Touch Sensitivity
    • GPU Tweak: 3D-320; 2D0-266,2D1-266
    Additional Apps and Change logs on Post#2

Thanks & Credit:
    • Scott.Hart.Bti -- for making BeanStalk and releasing the source so the rest of us can build it
    • CyanogenMod -- duh
    • Team Chopsticks -- for making CM10.1 device repos working on the Skyrocket
    • Team ROOK -- where it all started, get your build on!
    • Car vs. Driver
    • m4570d0n
    • onlychevys
    • roger_n
    • prbassplayer

Trouble Alerts/Workarounds:Disable (uncheck) settings/sound/screen lock sound
    -Action Overflow check-mark behavior setting not working. (always on)
    -Touch Sensitivity setting in settings/device/advanced doesn't reflect choice. **workaround** Have manually decreased value (more sensitive)

***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. I'm going to say this once and only once... I am doing this for fun. It is my CHOICE to share my work (and Scott's ROM) with everyone. If you decide that you do not like my work, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***

Installation.png

Instructions :TWRP

• Download ROM
    • Download GAPPS package
    • Reboot into recovery
    • TWRP: Swipe at the default Wipe Cache / Factory Resetetc... Note: Mandatory
    • if you are flashing on top of a different rom.
    • AND (Do not just stop at that default initial wipe where it says ...'this is all you will need')
    • Press Advanced select System
    • Format System
    • Install ROM
    • Flash Gapps.
    Instructions : CWM

• Download ROM
    • Download GAPPS package
    • Reboot into recovery
    • GO--> Data/Factory Reset Note: Mandatory
    • if you are flashing on top of a different rom.
    • then Wipe cache
    • Enter mounts and storage, select -Format /System. **Go Back**
    • enter Advanced Folder --> wipe Dalvik cache. **Go Back**
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Gapps.
    • b) If you flashed ROM & Gapps all at once, Deal with Google reg dialog permit SuperSU* at pop up and get to it's settings
    • If you want to flash Marla or Moretz kernels reboot again, wipe cache and dalvik first
    *SuperSU - only available on 4.2.2/v.1.300 BeanStalk.

• Dirty Flashers: (Flashing a ROM without doing a full proper wipe)
    Please note. It is practically impossible to provide effective support when you dirty flash. Very Random things can/will happen.I would never really recommend it.
    IF You really have to. Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik and FORMAT system folder.
    Then
    Flash update (Not from some other ROM), flash Gapps then reboot.

Download.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STOP! BELOW HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR 4.4-KITKAT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DO NOT MIX AND MATCH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_______________________________________BEANSTALK_______________________________________________________________

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<K I T K A T>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ibpdBK7l3Gq9OO.png

ROM - 4.4.4065-OC2-20141009
    It's a bit of a rough transition into this one. Better you should drag your heals with recovery, GAPPS until, at least "I', get it sorted properly...

ROM -
    4.4.4065-OC-20140925
    ROM - MIRROR Try this link. As the main one below FOR 4.4.4050-OC-20140914 sucks. :)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712471633
    ROM - 4.4.4050-OC-20140914
    ROM - 4.4.4025-OC-20140827

ROM - 4.4.4010-OC-20140807
    ROM -
    4.4.4001-OC-20140708 Upstream CM/kernel updates
    ROM -
    4.4.4001 - OC(skip right by 4.4.3 to 4.4.4)

GAPPS - pa_gapps-modular-micro-4.4.4-20140629-signed.zip

ROM - 4.4.290 - OC **AKA - KATSTALK**
    ROM - 4.4.285c - OC
    ROM - 4.4.2781 - OC
    ROM - 4.4.275 - OC

GAPPS
    - pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140417-signed
    GAPPS
    - 11-17_GApps_Standard_4.4_signed
    RECOVERY===>>> philz_touch_6.01.4-skyrocket.zip - 8.29 MB THANKS PHILZ!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~STOP! BELOW HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR 4.3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR NEW CM10.2/4.3 BASED VERSION OF BEANSTALK

First folow this which is directly from their new nightly thread,

NOTE! You MUST use the recovery provided at the install link otherwise you will boot loop! ....or, as of 25-08-13
    ***TWRP menues have changed for 4.3. Be careful to follow all wipe conditions for clean install.***
    NOTE! You MUST wipe /cache, /data, and /system!! Also, make sure you install a 4.3-compatible gapps package.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Recovery:
    Devhost:
    NEW CWM TOUCH RECOVERY v.6043!

ROMS:

These below are all with custom kernels. Still under development. Much better performance for usability and gaming.
    ***Browser is back with these too.

witmar22:http://d-h.st/u6Tv4.3.1015 (Updated: 27/10/2013) Code Name: 'witmar' (BeanStalk with 'Marla')**

witmo45:http://d-h.st/yTp v4.3.1015 (Updated: 27/10/2013) Code Name: 'witmo' - REBASE (BeanStalk with 'Moretz')** [OC-UVsupport]
    Alternatively you can get all my stuff from Goo.im here==>http://goo.im/devs/beanstalk/sgh-i727

**NEW So you flashed one of the above Roms and wondered about how to configure the kernel to suit your needs?
    Governors and IO-Schedulers Control 2 key aspects of how your dual core (hot plugging) CPU works.
    (Note. Only 'witmo' (Moretz) allows Over Clocking)
    Some want speed no matter what kind of battery it uses. Some don't use games and need 'just a phone' and want to
    conserve battery as much as possible. Here is your chance to tailor performance your way.
    Going in to all of this is beyond the scope of this thread but here is the best one to help you decide....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

These below are all with stock kernels. A little more stable but lack performance for gaming.

Devhost:http://d-h.st/kI5 v4.3.1009 (Updated: 15/10/2013)in-line and beanstalk update

(***please read at the top of post #2 regarding SELinux***)

GAPPS:

Devhost:
    http://d-h.st/2dB

You must be on one of these Radios
    Flash Radio Twice W/out Cable Plugged In
    [UCMC1] ATT OFFICIAL JB 4.1.2 .. By Mohan_kr
    [UXUMA7] ROGERS OFFICIAL JB 4.1.2 .. By Mohan_kr

ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT ROM. IF YOU DID A FULL WIPE CLEAN INSTALL, THEN A LOG WOULD HELP.
    PLEASE ATTACH LOG IN TEXT FORMAT TO A POST WITH A SHORT DESCRIPTION, THANKS.
    Logcat app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ub2xhbmxhd3Nvbi5sb2djYXQiXQ..
    (Under log level, select 'warn', the 'x' at the top to clear data, then recreat the condition. Come back to the app, press pause then save as text)

Included Apps and Why They Are There:

*AdAway - Stops app ads and undo net chatter
    *AlloyLightBlue - Theme
    *BetterBatteryStats - Get control of apps battery usage and see wakelocks
    *ES File Explorer - One of the best file manages. Because of removal of 'Mass Storage' usb interface -
    this has excellent wifi/network/lan connectivity.
    *Incredicontrol - To control Kernel Voltages & Fast Charge ability.
    *noFrillsCPU - What you need to control kernel CPU settings. No more, no less.
    *SD Increase - To override system cache settings. To say 2-3 MB (2048-3072 KB)

While I really appreciate peeps that like the ROM and want to say thanks for help I give,
    in the interest in keeping the thread clean, using the Thanks button is a perfect way to do that. Thanks...

My Setup:
    v.1.300 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~v.4.3.05
    BeanStalk~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BeanStalk v4.3.05
    Kernel-Moretz 3.09 ~~~~~~~~~~~ Kernel-Moretz 4.3.0
    Launcher- Nova ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nova
    Governer- Badass ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Badass
    I/O Scheduler- cfq ~~~~~~~~~~~~ cfq
    Voltage-minus 25000 ~~~~~~~~~~ Default
    across the board

Source.png

SlimROM source can be found HERE
    DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
    BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    Marla 4.2.2 source can be found HERE
    Moretz/Marla 4.3 source can be found HERE

Special Thanks to the following. Without those, the enhanced user
    experience brought by these custom kernels would be impossible.
    Thanks guys and especially, @car vs driver !
    *Team Chopsticks
    *CyanogenMod
    *Car vs Driver
    *elbermu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr1IWxbsbhA
    - Thanks for making this video for me 'Justin Thought'! -
    iADVEL4FO0bXR.jpg

Original BeanStalk Thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2091900
    [ROM][JELLYBEAN][4.2.2] BeanStalk v1.240 with Marla v2.0.8.2 (Updated: 6.16.13)

Deleted - have fun with this wantowan2!
    Ok guys, Update.
    It seems that something of yet unknown origin has corrupted the CM10.2 source. I noticed it on one of my tests and it was confirmed later on. Could be kernel, recovery, file system. It's proving tough to figure out.
    So basically we have to slow up a bit and wait.
    The good news is that it shouldn't take too long. I'm still on one of my original builds with no major issues. Also, when this is resolved, I should be able to have a nice fresh BeanStalk 4.3.00 done and out to everybody within an hour or so of when the all clear is out. I'M READY!!! lol
    Thanks everybody for hanging in there waiting for your new BeanStalk.
    Well folks, got some good news and some bad...... The bad first???
    Ok, development on Beanstalk/Android 4.2.2 has finalized. 1.300 is going to be a FINAL.
    Good news???? Your all just going to have to settle for Beanstalk/Android 4.300!!!! lol
    I have it booting and it looks good so far. Really good! Good by Camera and hello "Focal"!
    TEASER!!!!!