Cm7.2 July2013 By Maniac /Buebox security exploit Fix/Better Memory Management

Search This thread

Hasuris

May 13, 2013
It took me the better part of the day to get this working coming from CM10. Using Aroma Wiper didn't work out as planed and my defy bricked and I had to start from sbf. Never had to do that before so finding a rom that worked and setting everything up was quite the task.

Now everything is working and it's AMAZING how snappy and fast my good old defy+ is. Too bad greenify doesn't work anymore but I guess I have to install A LOT apps to slow my phone down the way CM10 did. My Defy+ is ready for another couple of years :)

Last edited:

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Its best In CM7 Series and Better than CM9 and Cm10 in terms of Stability and Speed .. Using for More than One month ..
battery and memory performance is far better

I agree 100% with this. I tried a bunch of ICS and JB ROMs, and they all had/have their issues. I flashed back to 2.2.1 via SBF, and that was really smooth. I figured I give this a shot since it has the security patch built in, and wow, what a difference. It's so super smooth, stable, and works flawlessly. I'm very impressed. I'm so in love with my Defy again. I don't need to have the latest version of Android to be happy, or even have it just to say I have it. As long as what I'm using stays secure, does what I need it to, and almost as important if it can do what I want it to, then there is no reason to ever upgrade. This ROM is perfect.

shinodex

Mar 2, 2011
Hi! I'm having a lot of FCs when I use Facebook app. Is it normal, or is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

alesle2002

Aug 23, 2010
Camera doesn´t work

I´m using the rom 2 days ago and everything works well, But camera doesn´t work. I tried full wipe and reflashing a few times, but nothing works.

Help please!! I love this rom

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hi! I'm having a lot of FCs when I use Facebook app. Is it normal, or is there something I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

I´m using the rom 2 days ago and everything works well, But camera doesn´t work. I tried full wipe and reflashing a few times, but nothing works.

Help please!! I love this rom

When you give issues please give what version you are using (green or red). I don't know if it matters, but at least it can help troubleshoot. For the Facebook issue I have the same problem when I first install it. I find that the best thing to do is install it last after everything else is set up, and then when you sign in let it just sit there. You will still get the pop-up asking to FC or wait. Just keep pressing wait. I think I did it about five times. Then once it settled in, synced everything, and I rebooted, it worked like it should. It's a very intensive app, and uses 100% CPU when installed and opened/syncing, so give it all the time it needs for the initial set up.

I haven't had the camera issue, but it could have something to do with syncing also. After you flash the ROM, make sure you do a regular cache wipe and a dalvik cache wipe. Then when you boot for the first time don't sign in to any accounts. Just let it boot to homescreen and settle in. Then before opening the camera go into the app settings and clear data for the camera if you can, and then try to open it. I've read this worked for others.

alesle2002

Aug 23, 2010
I haven't had the camera issue, but it could have something to do with syncing also. After you flash the ROM, make sure you do a regular cache wipe and a dalvik cache wipe. Then when you boot for the first time don't sign in to any accounts. Just let it boot to homescreen and settle in. Then before opening the camera go into the app settings and clear data for the camera if you can, and then try to open it. I've read this worked for others.[/QUOTE]

First thing I did after flashing was wipe everything. Then after first boot I didn´t sign accounts, I only opened the camera (It wasn´t any data to clear). But the result is allways the same: camera doesn´t work. :crying::crying:

I Tried another camera apps, but none of them works...

anirudh215

Oct 22, 2011
I've run into a problem with this ROM. After installing it, I used Titanium back up to restore all my wifi access points and now it does not connect to wifi any more. When I switch on wifi, it automatically switches back off after a few minutes. When I go to wifi settings, the access points have not been restored. It does not even scan for available networks before switching off. How do I fix this?

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I've run into a problem with this ROM. After installing it, I used Titanium back up to restore all my wifi access points and now it does not connect to wifi any more. When I switch on wifi, it automatically switches back off after a few minutes. When I go to wifi settings, the access points have not been restored. It does not even scan for available networks before switching off. How do I fix this?

Did you have the issue before restoring from TB? I wouldn't restore anything with this ROM. Install everything fresh. If you do have the issue right after flashing without even signing in try to reset your router. That's been the cause of wi-fi issues for many. I even had here and there. I just unplug my router for a min or two, and that usually fixes it.

anirudh215

Oct 22, 2011
Did you have the issue before restoring from TB? I wouldn't restore anything with this ROM. Install everything fresh. If you do have the issue right after flashing without even signing in try to reset your router. That's been the cause of wi-fi issues for many. I even had here and there. I just unplug my router for a min or two, and that usually fixes it.

No I didn't have the issue before restoring - in fact, I downloaded Titanium using the wifi. Isn't there any way I could get the wifi working without having to flash the ROM again?

And why shouldn't I restore anything with this ROM? I was using CM 10 before this and that's where all the backups are from. Is it that I can't use my backups because of that? The other apps I restored work just fine.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
And why shouldn't I restore anything with this ROM?

I'm just giving advice from my own trial and error. As you see you already have issues, but I don't know exactly why. I just like to not have to worry, or even guess, if something will go wrong, so I download, install, and set up everything fresh. You could try restoring one by one to see which or what is causing it, or even boot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. That may be all you need.

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL

Attachments

• b2ca88af8a0f972c89478c8a53328376.jpg
    b2ca88af8a0f972c89478c8a53328376.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 0cc6c80d320a1a979a4ff0422c0e1d51.jpg
    0cc6c80d320a1a979a4ff0422c0e1d51.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 255

Top Liked Posts