[ROM][WWE][09MAY] Shaks.P v4.30 [OEM 2.07] UC 5.2.21042 8 Versions [Back Online]

Search This thread

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Really gone back in time. This thread was on 92 pages yesterday. Damn

Changelog v4.00

Download link:
http://diamond.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=Shaks%2FV4.00%2F

Now built CE OS 5.2.21042 (Build 21042.1.6.1) AKU 1.6.1 2.03MRII BaseROM (I wasn't too sure about 2.04)

Added/Upgraded:
Opera 15613 build (can support flash)
Google Maps updated to 3.0.0.12
New Comm Manager from Rhodium - modified to include 3g & Beam (No more vibrate switch replaced that with data disconnection as there are easier ways to switch to vibrate)
New Keyboards from Rhodium (thanks carburano and Danny_and_2)
Rhodium Volume Control with overlays for many media apps (modified by me to include more overlays)
Bluetooth & Wifi Wizards from Topaz
Topaz Menu Enhancement with application under system tools to disable (thanks dharvey4651)
Topaz Icons Added
Remote Desktop Mobile now included
Added New Facebook App from Microsoft (thanks ather)
Added htcAddicts cleanRAM v1.0.9 thanks ronenpg
Windows Media Skin thanks BlockbusterF
Upgraded Album & Social Networks engine to newer faster 2.5 build from blackstone

Removed:
Transcriber as it won't work properly with the menu enhancement.

Not Added:
Not upgraded to new notification manager as I'm not convinced it's working properly yet. xboxmod version works very well but does not show wifi details. Also I find it annoying that I can't click on the battery icon and go to battery status which is what I do when it's on charge.
Not upgraded to the new sensorsdk as it causes a problem with album rotation

Known bugs:

Keyboard layouts are OK in English, Italian & Danish t9 but not in French & German.
Keypress popups don't always show up until you soft reset
Keyboard symbols page is missing a 1/2 label (button works fine just blank)
However this is the latest 2.0.340550 keyboard not 33859
Will try and release a cab when these are fixed.
Volume Control buttons aren't locked when device is locked (not really an issue at all and helps if you are listening to music with device locked). This appears to be a feature of the Rhodium Volume Control & the benefits outweigh this minor bug.
A small number of users find the calendar runs before manila starts when soft resetting the rom. I am looking into this at the moment. This is affecting a number of recent AKU builds and only affects very few users - very strange

Some users find the calendar popups up when the phone is soft reset. We are currently working on a solution for this.

This is a test Build only if you are having problems with calendar popups, please feedback wether it works for you. Do not use if the calendar does not open automatically for you.

Test build for users calendar issues only:
http://diamond.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=Shaks/TESTBUILD/

If you do not like the fact that links in email open in PIE rather than Opera then please use the following cab to set opera correctly
http://diamond.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=Shaks/V4.00/
This fix will be in the next rom release

Additional Notes
This rom was build using the excellent PlatformRebuilder from BEPE (thanks to BEPE). Unfortunately this ROM is no longer dumpable as the kitchen removes all dsm's and rgu's. Packages available on request depending on the source of the package,

This is a 12Mb Pagepool version and needs to be hex edited if you wish to change the pagepool. 8Mb PP versions (patched so you can change it to what you wish) will be release during the coming week depending on the community response to this rom.

Also another version will likely be coming during the week which excludes, manila, google maps & other apps which would make an ideal manila2 base

I would like to thank my betatesters lucasjohny, Gman25 & ycimpir for helping to iron out any issues in this rom.

Last edited:

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
As mentioned in above thread. Some users have an issue with the calendar starting before touchflo on a soft reset. This is affecting only a few users (possibly 10%)

Findings so far:
Thanks (boz). Whatever is set to the left soft key (calendar by default) not in manila but in the standard manila screen starts on startup. If this soft key is changed then that app loads on startup.

Soft key settings can be changed in Advanced Config.

Seleting the poutlook.lnk in \windows\startup does not fix the issue as this is not what causes the calendar to load

If this does not resolve the issue, then try this test build:
http://diamond.geg0r.de/index.php?dir=Shaks/TESTBUILD/

Please only try this test build if you have the calendar issue. If you don't there is no point as it contains one older app and no other changes.

As I mentioned, don't worry about this bug unless it affects you. It doesn't affect me at the moment.

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
If manila2confirmed to work well, then once the calendar bug is fixed, I'm planning to have a lighter version mainly so users can choose to install their own manila - I will remove ,manila,google maps,opera (available as a cab) and a few other things. It won't be meant to be a very light version more of a base for other UI's

Last edited:

jfcc58

May 9, 2006
Calendar popup still here

Hi,

Just installed the test version, but no luck: calendar still pops up after every softreset. Can I keep this version or should I flash the "original" one?

Harrie

maxniper

Jan 24, 2006
Montijo
If manila2confirmed to work well, then once the calendar bug is fixed, I'm planning to have a lighter version mainly so users can choose to install their own manila - I will remove ,manila,google maps,opera (available as a cab) and a few other things. It won't be meant to be a very light version more of a base for other UI's
Thank's man,
After install the manila 2 the calendar bug is fixed ;)
Just the new start menu of manila 2 don't work, nether with the fix.

PS: i just restarted my phone now and i confirm twice that the calendar bug is fixed.

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Thank's man,
After install the manila 2 the calendar bug is fixed ;)
Just the new start menu of manila 2 don't work, nether with the fix.

PS: i just restarted my phone now and i confirm twice that the calendar bug is fixed.

So looks like the calendar bug maybe a manila problem

In that case if you have a problem with the calendar starting on boot please try the following:

Option 1
Try with manila disabled to see if you still have a problem just during testing

Option 2
Keep manila aenabled but remove calendar & calendar.exe from soft key settings using advanced config so all settings are completely blank

Please report back asap so we can look into a proper fix.

Regards

PorX

Dec 21, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
Weirdness of the calendar bug:

Initially flashed rom and performed a few soft resets due to app installs and all was fine. (No Calendar Bug)

Remembered that I didn't hard reset after flashing, after hard reset I got the "Calendar Bug". But didn't really mind to be honest, it's not a big deal to me as I don't soft-reset more than once a week.

Installed apps all over again and calendar bug went away. :)

I don't know why it came after the HR, but I have a feeling that it went away due to reset after touchflo config installation.

Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue, helping out shaks with this minor issue is the least we can do.

apolo2012

May 16, 2008
Wow,this is the best rom which we tried, but this rom is close:( ,please post your kitchen or unprotected rom ! Thanks very much for hard work!:) Thanks in advance!

blibble

Aug 28, 2007
Southend on Sea
Thanks Shaks. I've tried a number of ROMs with Xboxmods new Manila and they all had problems of one sort or another. None of them performed very well, but this one is fantastic. I can't seem to get the "program tab" start menu to work which is a shame as I prefer it, but in every other respect this ROM out performs all the others. Excellent work!

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Thanks Shaks. I've tried a number of ROMs with Xboxmods new Manila and they all had problems of one sort or another. None of them performed very well, but this one is fantastic. I can't seem to get the "program tab" start menu to work which is a shame as I prefer it, but in every other respect this ROM out performs all the others. Excellent work!

Your the second person to say rom works very well with manila2 but no program menu. I'll look into this once calendar bug fixed. If Manila2 is usable then should have a lighter build just for it in the next few days (once I have more time - I work late evenings)

Regards

shaks1979

Jan 21, 2006
West Yorkshire
Calendar Popping up on startup fix

boz from 4windowsmobile has tested this.

1. Go into Asvanced Config in system tools
2. Click on the right softkey and click on more settings
3. Click on Key Mapping
4. Remove Calendar & Calendar.exe from the left softkey completely

This page should now be completely blank

This has fixed the problem for boz completely

Please let me know if this works.
This only changes the function of the soft keys from calendar to phone when manila is not active. Manila key settings are handled differently.

I will try and get this cabbed up for you guys when I get home tonight (after 1am)

Regards

teapa

Nov 13, 2008
Braila
i hawe this error wen i want to instal "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135) click ok to terminate " what to do?

Top Liked Posts