[APP] Shopping Cart v 5.3 available now!

Search This thread

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Remember that this application is very very basic at the moment. I wrote it in like 10 minutes. I am however working on a new release of this software that will include the following changes / features:

- Word wrapping text / not cutting off longer entries
- Ability to edit a pre-generated list once it is imported
- Complete graphical and functional overhaul
- "Manila" look and feel to make it more integrated, thanks to Rozenthal

I will look into the SMS thing that was requested as well. Can't promise I will include it in the next release as it will take more time to develop and test.

Thanks all for your input thus far and I'm glad you like it.

rookie_aus

Feb 16, 2009
I agree "simple and useful" !!!

Just a suggestion, would it be possible to have a date stamp whenever you cross it out or click an item... it's good for those who wish to remember (like myself :D) when they actually completed or bought the item.

Otherwise its all good... :D

Fallen Spartan

Moderator Emeritus- Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Remember that this application is very very basic at the moment. I wrote it in like 10 minutes. I am however working on a new release of this software that will include the following changes / features:

- Word wrapping text / not cutting off longer entries
- Ability to edit a pre-generated list once it is imported
- Complete graphical and functional overhaul
- "Manila" look and feel to make it more integrated, thanks to Rozenthal

I will look into the SMS thing that was requested as well. Can't promise I will include it in the next release as it will take more time to develop and test.

Thanks all for your input thus far and I'm glad you like it.

I look forward to your next release then mate

idandush

Jan 22, 2009
I am soo looking forward for your app ....

but i cant use it as i want since i cant edit a saved list . thats the only problem i have .
because like in everything , you always have to add something in the last sec , or when you finally remember what it is you want to buy :)

so this should be the winner in the most "simple and usefull" app when you done :)

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
I am soo looking forward for your app ....

but i cant use it as i want since i cant edit a saved list . thats the only problem i have .
because like in everything , you always have to add something in the last sec , or when you finally remember what it is you want to buy :)

so this should be the winner in the most "simple and usefull" app when you done :)

This will be addressed in the next release. It is looking insanely awesome thanks to Rozenthal. I am almost finished with it and am just making a few tweaks and testing it. Unfortunately I only have a little time each day to work on it. However, I am hoping to release it before the weekend.

vector31337

Feb 23, 2009
las vegas
i would like to see this type of shopping list that has store locations that you could enter in , so that when youre close to one of those stores it would remind you based on your gps location to stop by and pick up whats on your list.

yayayay

Oct 24, 2008
Stocholm
playstation-3.se
I'm only 17 and don't shop (that's for my dad and mom :eek:) but I will subscribe to this thread since I love the app (really simplistic) and it has much potential with Crackie behind the wheel. ;)

Keep up the great work! With this project as with Dutty's thread. ^^

Rozenthal

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2008
i would like to see this type of shopping list that has store locations that you could enter in , so that when youre close to one of those stores it would remind you based on your gps location to stop by and pick up whats on your list.

Umm... Seems like a total overkill to me.

You would have to keep GPS on at all times (bye-bye battery), you would have to get GPS coordinates for the stores, then enter them manually... Seems like awfully lot of work. I mean, seriously, isn't it easier to make a shopping list with store name and address as first item?

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Umm... Seems like a total overkill to me.

You would have to keep GPS on at all times (bye-bye battery), you would have to get GPS coordinates for the stores, then enter them manually... Seems like awfully lot of work. I mean, seriously, isn't it easier to make a shopping list with store name and address as first item?

Yeah I don't think I will implement that... way too much like Rozenthal said.

Digital Outcast

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Woodstock, GA
New release coming soon

And on that note... here is a screenie of the work in progress. I am just tweaking a few more things and then it will be ready.

What ya think?

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 212