09/07/2012 Everything HTC One X. *** Read this before posting *** Sticky Roll-Up ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
I have not been able to root my phone for the life.of me. I'm no stranger to rooting other phones like my beloved HTC Inspire.

Ok so it installed SuperSu but when I click on it it gives me this message -->

"there is no su binary installed and supersu canmot install it. this is a problem "
that is the exact error/message I'm getting

I cannot root this phone. I have tried every root option on this forum no luck.
Att software 1.85.502.3710.RD

PLEASE HELP

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
You may want to check out the AT&T One X forum here.

Moadeeb77

Aug 2, 2010
Bristol
Orange Root 1.29

I have an Orange UK One X with

SW 1.29.061.11
Android 4.0.3

Is there a way to root without flashing a rom? I am so tired of losing all my game progress and then sorting out my phones folders and ringtones etc etc

If I have to flash is there a way of backing this up? Clockworkmod didnot recover my phone last time and instead I lost everything. Infact installing clockwork mod wiped my phone in the first place.

Any help or advice - critical too - would be gratefully received

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Sorry but to root your stock ROM you will first have to unlock the boot loader and that will result in your device being wiped off all your additional apps and device settings. You could try using "adb backup all" command to make a backup first of your stock ROM, settings and apps but whether it works or not seems a little hit n miss. Read the threads about that, here is one but it's not the best one that I have read but will give you the general idea: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436846

Read this thread to know what to do after unlocking your boot loader to install cwm. Then choose the ROM that you like, ARHD 6.3.1 is close to the stock ROM and seems fairly stable http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1603905

Cwm is good for restore points that you can make from time to time but it's not quick for gaming /high scores backups. I would suggest you investigate titanium backup pro as this is much better and faster for app and app data backing up.

Sent witH desire from One X

Last edited:
Reactions: Moadeeb77

Sybregunne

Jan 24, 2011
Currently in Singapore
This Thread Needs an Update IMO....

Yeah, about that. I would like to ask anyone who has the time to take over for me. Create a new thread. Then we can ask the mods to sticky it and remove this one.

My apologies for the non updated thread. I've been very busy lately.

If anybody wish to continue from where I left off, I've attached the post 1 & 2 files in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts