[Q] Getting longer battery life out of your note 2

Search This thread

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
^take a breath, brotha.

Obsessing over battery life is like a rocking chair: gives you something to do but nowhere to go...

If it's that big of a concern to you, might I suggest the hybrid phenomenon known as "extended batteries". WARNING: you will have a turtle in a half-shell afterwards, aka Ford Festiva phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha your comments always make me LOL haha

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

BoostedB18C

Sep 19, 2012
San Jose
This phone has more than enough battery life on a charge. No need to purchase the Fiesta upgrade package.

Sent From My Beans Powered Note2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361655522270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361655522270.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 136
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361655545499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361655545499.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 138

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
Okay last question do you keep google now enabled and no thanks to the humpback battery im good off that ..if I disabled ceerain cards wont help with battery life because goodle will still track all the data its just a matter of keeping google now on or off because that is a significant juice saver ...so google now on or off on your phone

spyderman09

Aug 2, 2007
Okay last question do you keep google now enabled and no thanks to the humpback battery im good off that ..if I disabled ceerain cards wont help with battery life because goodle will still track all the data its just a matter of keeping google now on or off because that is a significant juice saver ...so google now on or off on your phone

I leave google now on, but it depends on whether you would use it or not. I like having the various cards and reminders, etc. so I leave it on. You are right though, enabling/disabling individual cards won't do anything different to battery. Even with Google Now on though, I haven't found myself looking at my battery during the day.

What you can do though, is go into Latitude (Maps>Latitude>Locations Settings) and disable the share location history and "update from this device" options. Google Now will still detect your location, but if you're okay with not looking at where you were the last few days (Location History) I've found it saves a little bit of juice. I don't need to know I went to work and a happy hour yesterday.

I remember the humpback batteries - had one on my TBolt for about a week, but couldn't stand it. Humpbacks are for whales and bell-ringers.

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
Thanks I've already got that covered but I love google now ill take the dip in battery I guess the point is the battery last all day sometimes two with about 5 to 6 hours on Screen time I'm happy no more ocd over battary did my investigating found out the guys getting for days battery were disabling alot of there features Ave constantly turning off wifi and data when not in use to much of a headache if you ask me im good thanks for all the help and the sense of humor I tend to ocd over new phones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ^take a breath, brotha.

Obsessing over battery life is like a rocking chair: gives you something to do but nowhere to go...

If it's that big of a concern to you, might I suggest the hybrid phenomenon known as "extended batteries". WARNING: you will have a turtle in a half-shell afterwards, aka Ford Festiva phone.

I leave google now on, but it depends on whether you would use it or not. I like having the various cards and reminders, etc. so I leave it on. You are right though, enabling/disabling individual cards won't do anything different to battery. Even with Google Now on though, I haven't found myself looking at my battery during the day.

What you can do though, is go into Latitude (Maps>Latitude>Locations Settings) and disable the share location history and "update from this device" options. Google Now will still detect your location, but if you're okay with not looking at where you were the last few days (Location History) I've found it saves a little bit of juice. I don't need to know I went to work and a happy hour yesterday.

I remember the humpback batteries - had one on my TBolt for about a week, but couldn't stand it. Humpbacks are for whales and bell-ringers.
    This phone has more than enough battery life on a charge. No need to purchase the Fiesta upgrade package.

Sent From My Beans Powered Note2
    Do you use the ultimate ? And also have you heard of ds battery saver alot like juice defenfer you can pick and choose which apps you want to run in the background I am only having a problem with network location locator but than I realized if I disable in location settingd wifi and data enabled than my accuweather touch wiiz widget does not update

Apps running in the background don't use battery unless they sync a lot. You should be able to manually set location in weather apps.. and juice defender ultimate has the ability to set night schedules, control brightness, cpu, gps, network modes, etc. I have mine set up to sync apps every 30 minutes and then keep data and wifi off. You can also set traffic limits up too, so when the screen turns off, you can have data/wifi stay enabled if you are downloading something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I guess I was just spoiled coming from the Galaxy Nexus where I had to keep a spare battery with me at all times even when I underclocked the crap out of it and still couldn't make it a whole day. Lol
    I could GAF now, over clock keep everything enabled and use the heck out of it then just charge at nite. A whole day with 6+ hours screen on is just fine with me!!!!
    I love the performance to battery life on this phone!