Rate your radio [Original Raphael Radios]

Search This thread

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
Hello people,

This is my first thread here on XDA-devs.

I always thought, why is so hard to see what radios are good, and what radios are bad. I had to go trough hundreds of posts even to get a clue what quality it was. So thats why I created this voting script. To get a nice overview of what was going on with each radio. I hope you like it.

PS. I haven't tested the script in a real environment yet, please report any bugs you find.

Last edited:

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
1.01.25.16 (Rate, Download)
3.png

1.02.25.11 (Rate, Download)
2.png

1.02.25.19 (Rate, Download, Rilphone [CAB])
4.png

1.02.25.27 (Rate, Download)
5.png

1.02.25.28 (Rate, Download)
6.png

1.02.25.31 (Rate, Download)
7.png

1.02.25.32 (Rate, Download, Rilphone [CAB])
8.png

1.08.25.20M1 (Rate, Download, Rilphone [CAB])
9.png

1.11.25.01 (Rate, Download, Rilphone [CAB])
10.png

1.12.25.19 (Rate, Download, Rilphone [CAB])
11.png

1.13.25.24 (Rate, Download, Rilphone)
15.png

1.14.25.05 (Rate, Download, Download [Mirror], Rilphone [CAB])
12.png

1.14.25.35 (Rate, Download, Download [Mirror], Rilphone [CAB])
13.png

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
1.13.25.24 Raphael Radio

I see that the above radio is missing. But I have to say, nicely done!

I nominate this one for Sticky status, or it should at least be linked in the Radio thread.

EDIT: I guess part of the problem is that its missing from the first page of the Radio thread. I'll have to see if AllTheWay can rectify that. In the meantime, I'll re-post the link for it here; perhaps some people might like to try it.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3608330#post3608330

NOTE: The comments regarding lack of 3G support in that post can be ignored. The radio works fine with 3G.

Last edited:

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
+3 for sticky!! Great idea. Would be really cool if the oringinal post had links for DL...

Now that's a good idea, I'll add them right away

Also people, if you want I can start creating the polls for the non-original raphael too.

Hmm, perhaps I should have reserved more posts

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Now that's a good idea, I'll add them right away

Also people, if you want I can start creating the polls for the non-original raphael too.

Hmm, perhaps I should have reserved more posts

Just thinking...please add matching Rilphone.dll or even better the Rilphone.dll w/ cabs to the original post...this could turn into a 1-Stop shop for Raph radios old and new....this post is brilliant in its simplicity!!!

Last edited:

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
cool thread. I would move them side by side if possible to help compair.

Only issue I see with this is location. Location plays a big part in reception between states, let alone countries. LOL

Last edited:

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
Just thinking...please add matching Rilphone.dll or even better the Rilphone.dll w/ cabs to the original post...this could turn into a 1-Stop shop for Raph radios old and new....this post is brilliant in its simplicity!!!

If someone could send/link me a list of all the Rilphones (preferably linked to rapidshare/4shared/etc) I will add them. I have found the list with attachments, but thats not real friendly for users that haven't registered.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
If someone could send/link me a list of all the Rilphones (preferably linked to rapidshare/4shared/etc) I will add them. I have found the list with attachments, but thats not real friendly for users that haven't registered.
That may be true; however the idea of the rilphone thread was to avoid having to download them from RS or other, as many people have firewall issues downloading from them. Registering doesn't take but a few minutes anyway. The files are 500KB in size apiece, so uploading them to another site would be an unnecessary annoyance (IMO).

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
You got me there, added the links to the attachments (cabs only). Anyone thinks I should add the zips too?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
See link above for 1.14.25.35 radio & rilphone cab....nice work!!!
Actually, there's a direct link to the rilphone cab here (though it's true that my Radio download package includes the cab).

Here's the direct link to the 1.13.25.24 rilphone too:

Raph_1_13_25_24_rilphone.cab

And I'd say the zip files would only be necessary if there is no cab available.

Last edited:

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
Actually, there's a direct link to the rilphone cab here (though it's true that my Radio downlaod package includes the cab).

Here's the direct link to the 1.13.25.24 rilphone too:

Raph_1_13_25_24_rilphone.cab

And I'd say the zip files would only be necessary if there is no cab available.

Thanks...I knew there was a better link and who better to provide it then the Captain himself!:cool:

+1 on zip files only be added if there is no cab available.

ChaosR

Sep 26, 2008
I've added the cab, and it seems I don't need the zips. It is true the 1.14.25.35 already includes the rilphone, just added it for accuracy.