Hermes 6.1 19212 Business Edition (Direct port from Kaiser)

Search This thread

bh77a

Nov 23, 2008
Additionally, if it doesn't include the radio, which version do you recommend? I'm running on the AT&T network in USA (Kansas). Right now my Hermes has the 1.48 radio that is included in the stock HTC WM 6 Rom. Is the 1.54 Radio better from the AT&T ROM?

Shawn80

Sep 14, 2009
Oklahoma City
Hi,

First of all, thanks for this perfect rom, I was looking for this simple Kaiser Stock ROM since months and months.. Thanks again.
However I've noticed that the keyboard mapping of this rom is for Kaiser. You've the issue with the caracters @, !, ;, etc...

is it possible to fix it with a reg update, or with a new rom?
also, is it possible to add 3G video call?

thanks again for your answer and specially for this rom
:)

You could always try this..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=302492

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
Thanks for the link for the keyboard fix. I didn't replace the battery driver so the bug remains. I've been working hard on getting a job, so I haven't spent much time on the boards lately. I use the 1.54 Radio ROM in mine.

Tabbe

Dec 19, 2005
This is the best port ever! seriously, EVERY DEVICE SHOULD GET A CLEAN ROM!!! port form another official htc rom , with just OEM apps and M$ stuff!
the rest of the roms i found are too customized! its like getting a rom that has been rape more than 1 person & dunno how many times!

only things about this rom to me, its a "crippled rom" without 3g in it & the keyboard must be regedit...
really hope we can have another rom for non AT&T users with 3G & fixed bug to make it perfect.

Thank you for yr hardwork! you make a man happy after the flashing and booting into the system.

Andy1927

May 5, 2007
Quite simply, FANTASTIC.... I have tried at least a dozen different rom's, and none of them come close to this. I may have finally found a rom I can stick with for more than a couple of weeks before getting fed up of it...

My most sincere thanks go out to you for this wonderful build...:)

rafa1215

Apr 28, 2006
Perfect!

I used this rom all day. It worked right out of the box. Everything worked and I didn't have to soft reset it at all. Thanks for creating this rom. I hope to hear from you in the future when you make a basic 6.5 OS rom as well.

Dobi

Dec 17, 2005
any update?

jwz,

there'll be any new updated version of your wonderful rom?

kb fix for european users,, video call, etc...

jasonchiu

Mar 16, 2007
London/Hong Kong
Hey guys,

I recently switched to Windows Vista, is the flashing process the same?

Or is there a different way to flash with Vista?

Many thanks in advance.

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I have not been able to make the startup animation work at all. If I could do that, I'd just about have it right. I'm going to fool around with it this afternoon, but if anyone would help, I'd like it.

Thanks!

What animation is it supposed to have? Is it the at&t 3g one, like the stock hermes at&t?

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
I don't have those files. But, I guess the theory is that the second splash needs to have the animated gif, and now I can't seem to find the registry entry for the wav file :confused:

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
The problem is likely in one of the HTC files controlling the interface. I just haven't figured out which one. By the way, I'm uploading a new version tomorrow. You may not think there are any big improvements, but use the old version for long enough and you'll think differently.

zukko

Aug 22, 2007
hi.
i installed your rom.
its running great :)
and i liked it.
unfortunately bluetooth is not receiving anything.
and have keyboard problem.

but anyway.
thx for your work.
its great ! thanks!

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
hi.
i installed your rom.
its running great :)
and i liked it.
unfortunately bluetooth is not receiving anything.
and have keyboard problem.

but anyway.
thx for your work.
its great ! thanks!

Bluetooth is being a little difficult, as I can partner, but not transfer files. They keyboard problem is not a problem at all. It's just the shortstring_keyboard.xml file. I'll try to upload a working version but I'm taking tonight off.