Exchange with t-mobile

Search This thread

el-jodio

Oct 21, 2010
Deductible on higher priced phones is usually $130.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
Lockeskidney not everyone sells there soul by signing 2year contract and having to pay more than its actually worth. Now lets say this as I never considered insurance. I usually buy the device without contract at full price from valid vendor now if I lose it how much is the deductible? I am sure everyone ATM here some how doing insurance fraud false claiming it as lost.
Thats a good question. I never had to pay a deductible myself but i never lost a phone. only damged them.

skangeez

Feb 3, 2010
I too bought a phone off craigslist.Luckily it was the good screen,but i lost the phone the next week!I have tmo insurance so i called.I went thru all the run around and got my replacement.It is obviously refurbished but poorly.the buttons are creeky and the screen seems to glare.I do know i would not have gotten a replacement unless i had the original packaging for the phone with the ime codes on the box. If you buy off craigslist or ebay make sure you get the original packaging with the barcode scans and or reciept.Take the back cover off and verify the ime.and then call tmobile and make sure they register the phone as current.(may have to update ur plan)As long as it is the current phone on your account and you have some type of proof of purchase(yes even just the packaging will do)then they have to honor your insurance.Just my two cents.

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
True. I did that when I brought an iphone off craigslist. Made sure everything matched everything on the phone and box.
But I didn't need to do anything. T-mobile somehow updated it for me, when I logged on to my t-mobile it showed that I was using the mytouch right when I used my upgrade to get the G2. So when I called in they didn't ask for the imei number, just asked for water damage and sent my replacement. And just got the text saying its being processed. I hope they ship out on weekends? Really don't want to wait until Tuesday for them to ship it out.

krat0s123

Jun 25, 2010
True. I did that when I brought an iphone off craigslist. Made sure everything matched everything on the phone and box.
But I didn't need to do anything. T-mobile somehow updated it for me, when I logged on to my t-mobile it showed that I was using the mytouch right when I used my upgrade to get the G2. So when I called in they didn't ask for the imei number, just asked for water damage and sent my replacement. And just got the text saying its being processed. I hope they ship out on weekends? Really don't want to wait until Tuesday for them to ship it out.

I would just be thankful if I were you.. At least now you're just waiting for the replacement, as opposed to where you were at on your OP, where you're not even sure if they would replace it for you.. Just a thought.. ;)

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
True. I am really greatful. You know it's one of those things where you have doubt without even trying but when you do try it, you find success.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have known and helped people who bought through ebay or craigslist get a replacement through T-Mo. It's not a fool proof way but it has worked for some.

First thing is hopefully you are a T-Mo customer? Then don't use the online chat, call them on the phone. Just ask for Tech support. Here is what you are trying to accomplish, you need to get your IMEI # in their system to have a chance. So since this device came out with a OTA (Over the Air update) the same day it launched it is a plus for you. If your IMEI # is not in the system you will never get the update. So when you call and get to the rep just explain to him you are having some problems with very poor battery life and your video chat is not working properly, poor signal etc. Tell him you knew there was a OTA update but you have never received it, and you want to see if this will fix your problems first before deciding on a warranty replacement. If they ask you where you got it tell them you got it from a T-Mobile Store and you bought it full price. Whatever you do don't tell them craigslist. Stay firm on you buying it in a store no matter how many times they ask. Now the above might not even come up but be prepared in case. Noe tell the tech support rep could he please make sure that your IMEI number is correct in their system as you have never received the update. Your number might be in there and it might not. Likely it is not. I had one that was wrong for a whole month from when I changed from my G2. They will ask you for your number and give it to them. If they don't find it they will try to put it in. If the IMEI number is not in their database they will tell you also and ask where you bought it. Stick to the plan. Tell them you don't know why it's not in their system all you did is buy it in their store it should be in the system and you paid full price for it it better be in the system. now I have actually had this happen on one of my early replacements. And I really did get it from a store. They finally said they could manually enter it and override the system. Now if you get this done your almost there. Tell them thank you and you will be waiting for the update and hopefully it fixes the issues if not you will call back. Wait a day or two. The call back and when you here the automated attendant say cancel. This gets you to a higher level rep. Tell the about the problems and you are disappoint that you paid full price and now you have all these problems and the OTA update did not correct them. You are loosing data connection and they stay off for long periods of time. Tell them you have already been to a store and they changed your SIM card and that you have already talked to tech support and factory master reset with them twice and they said it is defective. You said you would give it another chance but it did not get any better. Now hopefully they will process you a exchange and send it to you and then you send yours back..

I hope this help and you get a good one. If all else fails go through HTC.