changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

Search This thread

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
***Version 2.78 - There is a new version for download as of June 17th '09. This version includes the following:

- Import/Export buttons functions fixed
- Exporting and Resetting defaults issue fixed
- No more duplicate exceptions allowed (caused crash in older versions)
- More stop points on the Sensitivity adjustment bar

- Fixes from previous version (v2.77):

- the error found in this post and the error found in this post AND the error found in this post!
- fix for the music issue
- a sensitivity adjustment bar
- ability to define your own default exceptions (for personal use or for ROM's)
- user can choose to add a toggle link added to the programs menu. You can then link this to hardware buttons via other programs.
- & many other fixes that were brought up during the past few months.

Download the latest version of changeScreen (v2.78) here!

I will update the screenshots when I get the change (hopfully soon)...

NOTE: fix for Topaz Dialer causing changeScreen to stop rotating:
Just to confirm this (in my case).
The issue about crashing gyrator, changescreen, flip-it and whatever sensor app after making a call with topaz dialer it's because this enabled option by default.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
change to 0
My thanks to jpl69 for that post!

NOTE: fix for full screen apps showing title bar after rotation!
Read the post with the fix here
Thanks to Claus72 for the research and the post!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

screenshot.png

Gyrator is a great app... with a load of functions but I found that I didn't really use any of them except the screen tilt/Gsensor function.

That said one of the problems I had with Gyrator is that it always stayed in my open apps which is not THAT big a deal, but would just annoy the crap out of my OCD brain!

Anyway I decided to make a different version for myself and anyone else who JUST wants the Screen tilt function.

This appliaction will:
- allow you to stop and start the screen switch as you please
- start up with your device if desired
- allow exceptions (Opera is an exception by default because it already uses the Gsensor)
* I recommend if you use Tomtom to add that in a well (to avoid the screen switching when you hit a bump!)
- NOT show up in the running programs list! (Most important thing to me!)
- You also do NOT need to install .NETCF 3.5 to use this. It should run fine on 2.0!

Version 2.5
Download changeScreen version v2.5 here!

Version 2.1 is still available if 2.5 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen version v2.1 (2) here!

The BETA is still available if 2.1 doesn't work for some reason
Download changeScreen.cab v2.1 BETA here!

Version 1.54 is still available for those of you who like the older version better!
Download changeScreen.cab v1.54 here

Last edited:

bouya_k

Mar 12, 2008
Geneva
personnal I tried it

but it didn't work for me....

it does one rotation and after was stuck....

:confused:

SBS_

Jul 13, 2007
Bergen
Works like a charm for me after I fixed the exclusion list. Rotates on everything that I want it to rotate on :)

JPW

Dec 9, 2006
works really well
and easier to config than gyrator.

great app

jon

aabye

Nov 9, 2008
600GOL,

Would like to say thanks. Just the thing I needed. All is well with my HD (had to soft-reset first--was crashing, returning to "Home"). Although Gyrator has its merits, it was too technical for me (simpleton and all). Your son has been fed.

--Cheers

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
600GOL,

Would like to say thanks. Just the thing I needed. All is well with my HD (had to soft-reset first--was crashing, returning to "Home"). Although Gyrator has its merits, it was too technical for me (simpleton and all). Your son has been fed.

--Cheers

Dude, thats great to hear! And I can't tell you how much I appreciate the donation! Any problems let me know. I'm working on a new version that will (hopefully) fix the "issues" that a few people have with version 1.54. I'll update the thread once its done!

Thanks again...

mitut

Dec 19, 2008
It worked well at first but then for unknown result when i tried my phone in landscape mode it immediately went back to portrait mode . I used 1.17 and 1.18 rom of pzuchel all gave me the same result. I'm happy to donate only when the soft is stable but i try all of the rotating software with the same result like above :(

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
It worked well at first but then for unknown result when i tried my phone in landscape mode it immediately went back to portrait mode . I used 1.17 and 1.18 rom of pzuchel all gave me the same result. I'm happy to donate only when the soft is stable but i try all of the rotating software with the same result like above :(

If none of the apps work it MUST be something in the ROM... but what?! I really wish I had an HD so I could attepmt a solution! but unfortunately i don't...

I'm doing things a little differently in the new version i'm building. Maybe check back here in a few days for the new version and try that...

mitut

Dec 19, 2008
actually when it occured to sms it also happened to another software like opera when rotating even if when i configed changescreen to use rotate sms only

iiSAHAMii

Dec 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
another issue here

When i use my HD in landscape mode to write a sms, the screen rotate itself to portait mode as soon as i push any key on the virtual keyboard.

is it because the application name "sms" change istself its name to "2/160", "3/160" ... ?

I try to enter "160" in the exclusion list but it didn't work.

(bad english sorry, i am french)

edit : 1/160 works but ... i dont feel like enter "1/160", "2/160" ... -> 160/160

Last edited:

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
When i use my HD in landscape mode to write a sms, the screen rotate itself to portait mode as soon as i push any key on the virtual keyboard.

is it because the application name "sms" change istself its name to "2/160", "3/160" ... ?

I try to enter "160" in the exclusion list but it didn't work.

(bad english sorry, i am french)

edit : 1/160 works but ... i dont feel like enter "1/160", "2/160" ... -> 160/160

For now just put the following in the exceptions list... one by one.

pzucchel

Jan 14, 2006
Geneva
If none of the apps work it MUST be something in the ROM... but what?! I really wish I had an HD so I could attepmt a solution! but unfortunately i don't...

I'm doing things a little differently in the new version i'm building. Maybe check back here in a few days for the new version and try that...

Hi 600GOL, i am using pzucchel ROM V1.18+ (;)) and indeed I noticed that if i exclude Manilla from rotation, the app keeps rotating Manilla anyway....where could be the issue? :eek:

radospol

Nov 25, 2008
Splendid app!
Only one problem. Landspace mod in the sms works,but when tap in the keyboard, shuts off in Today regime. mail me this performs trouble free.Any idea?

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Hi 600GOL, i am using pzucchel ROM V1.18+ (;)) and indeed I noticed that if i exclude Manilla from rotation, the app keeps rotating Manilla anyway....where could be the issue? :eek:

Are you only rotating the exceptions? If you are you need to uncheck rotate manila. If not try adding "star" instead of "start" to the exceptions. Let me know if that helps. I should have a new version out for testing in a day or too also so check back!

600GOL

Jan 15, 2008
nyc
Splendid app!
Only one problem. Landspace mod in the sms works,but when tap in the keyboard, shuts off in Today regime. mail me this performs trouble free.Any idea?

Dude, no idea. The next version should fix a lot of the issues that people are having. The only thing I could suggest is to be patient for now and check back in a day or two to test the new version...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***Version 2.78 - There is a new version for download as of June 17th '09. This version includes the following:

- Import/Export buttons functions fixed
    - Exporting and Resetting defaults issue fixed
    - No more duplicate exceptions allowed (caused crash in older versions)
    - More stop points on the Sensitivity adjustment bar

- Fixes from previous version (v2.77):

- the error found in this post and the error found in this post AND the error found in this post!
    - fix for the music issue
    - a sensitivity adjustment bar
    - ability to define your own default exceptions (for personal use or for ROM's)
    - user can choose to add a toggle link added to the programs menu. You can then link this to hardware buttons via other programs.
    - & many other fixes that were brought up during the past few months.

Download the latest version of changeScreen (v2.78) here!

I will update the screenshots when I get the change (hopfully soon)...

NOTE: fix for Topaz Dialer causing changeScreen to stop rotating:
    Just to confirm this (in my case).
    The issue about crashing gyrator, changescreen, flip-it and whatever sensor app after making a call with topaz dialer it's because this enabled option by default.

HKLM\Software\HTC\PHONE\FaceDownMuteRing
    change to 0
    My thanks to jpl69 for that post!

NOTE: fix for full screen apps showing title bar after rotation!
    Read the post with the fix here
    Thanks to Claus72 for the research and the post!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

screenshot.png

Gyrator is a great app... with a load of functions but I found that I didn't really use any of them except the screen tilt/Gsensor function.

That said one of the problems I had with Gyrator is that it always stayed in my open apps which is not THAT big a deal, but would just annoy the crap out of my OCD brain!

Anyway I decided to make a different version for myself and anyone else who JUST wants the Screen tilt function.

This appliaction will:
    - allow you to stop and start the screen switch as you please
    - start up with your device if desired
    - allow exceptions (Opera is an exception by default because it already uses the Gsensor)
    * I recommend if you use Tomtom to add that in a well (to avoid the screen switching when you hit a bump!)
    - NOT show up in the running programs list! (Most important thing to me!)
    - You also do NOT need to install .NETCF 3.5 to use this. It should run fine on 2.0!

Version 2.5
    Download changeScreen version v2.5 here!

Version 2.1 is still available if 2.5 doesn't work for some reason
    Download changeScreen version v2.1 (2) here!

The BETA is still available if 2.1 doesn't work for some reason
    Download changeScreen.cab v2.1 BETA here!

Version 1.54 is still available for those of you who like the older version better!
    Download changeScreen.cab v1.54 here
    Great app but I have 1 problem that niggles at me.

When using TomTom the task bar flashes up at the top of the screen and you have to tap the start button twice to get rid of it. The taskbar is also left up after you adjust the volume and if you're driving then you don't really want to fumble around for the start button.

Is it possible to get an autohide taskbar feature added??

So that the tick box, for setting each rotation in the exceptions, works as a toggle box. By default it's a blank white box for nothing selected, by clicking it once a tick appears to show that that rotation is enabled in the exception and by clicking it twice a circle or cross appears to show that the rotation is enabled along with the taskbar autohide when rotated in that way.

Woud be a nice touch as the taskbar thing is why I binned off Gyrator2 and started searching for another app.

Cheers
    Stu.

Edit: I'm using a standard ROM, as it's on Vodafone I'm guessing it'll be the HTC ROM.