[Q] searching for cm-10.1 source for Ideos X5

Search This thread

aribk

Mar 12, 2011
LG G4
Huawei P20 Lite
Hi

I have successfully upgraded my Ideos X5 U8800 to 2.3.5 official Gingerbread, rooted it, and then repartitioned it using Blepart recovery. Subsequently I have checked out cm11 source, including Blefish repositories/code for the U8800 (thanks for good work, by the way!), compiled/built and installed a ROM. This was my first build.

OK. Good so far. Only I am looking to build cm10.1 because my goal is to eventually get this handset running Ubuntu Touch. Therefore, the next step is to get it running on cm10.1.

My problem is that I cannot find the source I need. I have tried to set up a fresh source tree and check out cm10.1 source combined with Blefish's source by specifying branch cm10.1 for the latter, using the files I used in .repo/local_manifests to get the cm11 device source etc. from Blefish. However, something seems to be missing as the lunch command fails and compilation aborts. Also, I can see that development has been discontinued on this branch for the U8800.

Any suggestions?

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
The cm-10.1 branch is deprecated, and I am not planning to update it as cm-11.0 is better in any way.
Is the Ubuntu Touch source code only based on cm-10.1 code though? Maybe you could have success using the cm-11.0 code as it is right now? I am not familiar to how Ubuntu uses the lunch commands, it might be different than Android's default.

aribk

Mar 12, 2011
LG G4
Huawei P20 Lite
The cm-10.1 branch is deprecated, and I am not planning to update it as cm-11.0 is better in any way.
Is the Ubuntu Touch source code only based on cm-10.1 code though? Maybe you could have success using the cm-11.0 code as it is right now? I am not familiar to how Ubuntu uses the lunch commands, it might be different than Android's default.

Thanks for the quick response!

The Ubuntu Touch guide specifically states cm-10.1, but I will sign up with their forums and check whether I can use cm-11.

The following passage from the Ubuntu Touch Porting Guide gives the impression I might be able to base my work on cm-11? Would you agree?

"For quick reference, these are the current components used from Android:

Linux Kernel (stock Android kernel provided by the vendor, with a few changes to support some extra features needed by Ubuntu, such as Apparmor)
OpenGL ES2.0 HAL and drivers
Media (stagefright) HAL, to re-use the hardware video decoders
RILD for modem support

As Ubuntu is running as the main host on top of an Android kernel and the communication between the Android services and HAL happens via Binder, Sockets and libhybris. "

I am hoping this could work, as it would be a tremendous help, now that I have a running ROM built on 20 May with your source tree for the device specific code etc. which works like a charm! :good::D

Best regards,
aribk