Two repeating problems and factory reset doesn't solved

Search This thread

pedrofleck

Oct 13, 2012
Hey,
I was using WanamLite 4.3 ROM with Android 4.3 and MJ5 bootloader. No backups.
And after a friend of mine broke my SD slot (long story), my phone started to reboot and unmount the SD card, then it broke up completely and I can't use a SD card anymore. So, I kept using my phone without it, until one day it rebooted and when it came back I lost all Deezer syncronized musics, Evernote notes, SMS and things like that. The other day, it reboot again and now it was like a factory reset, I lost all configs and just the installed apps and pictures wasn't lost.
But my phone was crazy, home button not working, no notifications, status bar not working and lots of other things, then I opened the Downloads app and I received an error and then everything came back to normal, really strange, but I started to receive two annoying errors:
The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
The process android.process.media has stopped

And anything related to Google or media was useable, and they kept appearing while I pressed ok.
So, I did a mega wipe (script found here, can't post links) and installed a 4.4 Rom (PhoeniX ROM), but, guess what, received a "UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.", hit "I'm feeling lucky" button and my two friends started to annoy me to hell again.
What can I do? I thought on doing a Kies factory reset but I'm scared of bricking my phone (it tells me to use Kies 3, btw), my phone is unuseable. :crying:

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
(Edit: Just noticed you said you mega wiped...)

So how about flashing kitkat through odin? Sammobile.com

Last edited:

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
You'll lose all data but you should wipe
/system, /data (factory reset), /cache and dalvik cache. I have also once found an internal storage (/sdcard) necessary.

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
What I would do to fix all the problems,

Using TWRP recovery, I format disk and wipe everything can be wiped. (Ofc you'll lose ALL the data on the phone, which might be the problem as you don't have an SD card, unless after wipe you know how to transfer files from PC while in recovery) This is the best wipe you would get IMO. Then install a very stable rom like ARHD or omega rom . Or DN3

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

pedrofleck

Oct 13, 2012
What I would do to fix all the problems,

Using TWRP recovery, I format disk and wipe everything can be wiped. (Ofc you'll lose ALL the data on the phone, which might be the problem as you don't have an SD card, unless after wipe you know how to transfer files from PC while in recovery) This is the best wipe you would get IMO. Then install a very stable rom like ARHD or omega rom . Or DN3

Sent from my GT-N7100

THANK YOU!!!!!
It worked, I never used TWRP, really awesome. I was getting errors when trying to format system, so I went to config and select the option to use rm -f instead of formatting, and after that work, I formatted everything and installed DN3. Thanks a lot, really!