[ROM][GSM][XT910] Official Latam GB 2.3.6 Retail.BR [RSD Lite]

Search This thread

david-x1

Oct 1, 2009
Thanks Pedro.

I already installed this with RSD Lite, but my question is about to install CWM (recovery on boot) as I want to make a nandroid backup and then install a custom ROM. Do you know what is the way to install CWM on boot?

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
I would appreciate if someone who knows how to get from this to the leaked ICS build posts detailed instruction.

I wouldn't recommend but if you want an ICS taste this is a way.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539901

Notice that this rom is still in beta and have a lot of bug and not working features, it's the safer way to get ICS. The leak from verizon will not work 'till kexec get dual core in a new kernel.

Make sure you have full battery before trying this!

Cheers

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't recommend but if you want an ICS taste this is a way.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539901

Notice that this rom is still in beta and have a lot of bug and not working features, it's the safer way to get ICS. The leak from verizon will not work 'till kexec get dual core in a new kernel.

Well, I was talking about getting onto the ICS build which was the leaked XT910 en.eu build, not the Verizon build. I would take the "original" XT910 en.eu ICS build over the MIUI any day.

drolgnir

Mar 26, 2011
Kingston
Could not install this with RSD lite or Fla****, had to install piece by piece with fastboot and follow the xml file instructions.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

As for me I've already installed China ICS on my Rogers RAZR. BTW guys this ROM really rocks! Have you tried it Pedro?

Anything missing from it, netflix, flash, H/W??

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Well, I was talking about getting onto the ICS build which was the leaked XT910 en.eu build, not the Verizon build. I would take the "original" XT910 en.eu ICS build over the MIUI any day.

Hi stangri
The en.EU leak is an ota and will only work for those in en.EU 651.167.26 versiom. Sorry

As for me I've already installed China ICS on my Rogers RAZR. BTW guys this ROM really rocks! Have you tried it Pedro?

I was adviced to not flash the chinese leak because we are about to get ICS. This will happen 'till the end of may. I'll wait. I use my razr for day work and cannot taste ICS right now. :(

I've asked J.Y.Daddy about kang today. I may have this working on my razr by the weekend. I'm impacient too. :)

Thanks dude

Could not install this with RSD lite or Fla****, had to install piece by piece with fastboot and follow the xml file instructions.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------i

Anything missing from it, netflix, flash, H/W??

This time we get netflix, flash and everything else. It's running flawless. I'm impressed actually. Intead of becoming easy the ICS waiting, I got impacient because I saw how good an updated system can be. I'll get ICS for us ASAP. Cross fingers.

For the China ICS users: does it work with the lapdock?

The China ICS doesn't have the 2.3.6 prerequisite as the rom will flash everything needed to work. This happens with a region signature bypass. :)

Some ICS users reported a working lapdock 'n weptop. Maybe theZest can clear this for you.

Thanks guys. Hope we get ICS for our razr.

Cheers

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: yellowdragon
Maybe it's because I switched from the standard Moto launcher to the ADW.Ex, but 2.3.6 feels *much* snappier than the 2.3.5 to me. Time to get the 4g connection when the WiFi is switched off and time to connect to WiFi hotspot also seemed to have improved.

Zest -- can you check two things for me on the Chinese ICS Rom? Let me know so I could PM you the question.

PS. I've installed the 2.3.6 from RSD Lite (on a friends' Windows 7 of all things) no problem, however *internal phone storage* (/sdcard) got wiped in the process! Thank G-d I've had all data (titanium, maps for navigation, etc.) on my backup android phone as well.

R3dbeaver

Feb 17, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Hi, All!

The very anticipated Official 2.3.6 RSD Lite update to all LatAm XT910 Razr.

System Info:

System Version: 651.167.3370.XT910.Brasil.en.BR
Model Number: XT910
Android Version: 2.3.6
Baseband: U_1C.76.0FP
Webtop: WT-2.0.0-139_BR
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-gf7e58a1

Root with J.Y.Daddy motofail.

This is not a nandroid backup but an official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices. [Will complement this thread with a Mexico Tecel ROM already availiable]

Download:
EternityProject Website

Liked? Hit the thanks button!

pedrotorresfilho

Thanks to: kholk for hosting files on server.
Pzyduck, daywalker04, kent_lkc.

RSD update?

drolgnir

Mar 26, 2011
Kingston
I went from a Brasil\rogers nandroid 2.3.5, to full 2.3.6 Brasil and now my sound from my speaker(ext) is much quieter, anyone else notice this. I have not looked into fixing it yet.

*Edit* Its was strange, reflashing BR 2.3.6 did not fix it, I tried to flash BR 2.3.5 and then the media sound finally came back and volume levels also returned. Then flashed back to BR 2.3.6. What the heck.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, All!

System Info:

Branding: Retail.BR
    Download: EternityProject Website

Branding: Telcel.MX
    System Version: Please provide
    Kernel: Please provide
    Version: Please provide
    Download:EternityProject Website

Languages:
    screen201205051503ubuh.png

Root with J.Y.Daddy motofail.

This is not a nandroid backup but an official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices.

Liked? Hit the thanks button!

pedrotorresfilho

Pzyduck, daywalker04, kent_lkc.
    **** yea! bluetooth work now, at a castom rom's)

but wi-fi suck like for me.
    Repeat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1373868&page=11

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Credits? daywalker04, kent_lkc and Firmware Team ;)
    Hi, All!

System Info:

This is not a nandroid backup but an official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices. [Will complement this thread with a Mexico Tecel ROM already availiable]

EternityProject ROMs thread with links:

http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/54-romgsmxt910-official-latam-gb-236-retail/

Will root it asap and take some ScreenShots. The Actual thread in EternityProject Forum with the links also will be changed to a dedicated one.

That's it!

If you liked, hit the thanks button!

Cheers!

pedrotorresfilho

Thanks Pedro.
    one problem only, registration on eternity... please send me link
    Best regards my friend.