What device introduced you to the Android world?

Search This thread

kevinyohh

Sep 13, 2011
Panamá
OnePlus 8 Pro
My first Android device was the Samsung Galaxy 3 (Apollo). I had to decide between a Blackberry or something else because in 2011 there was not a good variety of Android phones to choose. When I saw it I felt in love and bought it. I updated it from Eclair to Froyo and two months later I dared to root and try some custom ROMs (surprisingly, there was a lot of ROMs to choose for it)... In November 2011 I sold it and bought this freaking bootloader-locked Motorola Electrify, and I regret to buy it because I cannot do more than rooting it. I'm saving money to give this **** away and buy a Samsung Galaxy S3 or a Galaxy Nexus, depending on the money I can save and my patience :p

Enviado desde mi Motorola Electrify usando Tapatalk 2

MrJai

Jul 29, 2010
Streamwood, IL
Samsung Captivate and the rest is history. Now rocking my Note but thinking of switching to a Nexus...Getting sick and tired of waiting for official updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

SKyRocKeting727

Nov 22, 2011
Sacramento
Galaxy S2 from iPhone 4. Best decision ever made.

-Once you go NOTE, you'd say 4 inches a Joke

NOTE user:
"take a deep breath, make sure to get a good look at it, relax and slowly take it in, the size is overwhelming at first but you will have a happy ending afterwards".

Woman:
:O

Reactions: mariojp

mariojp

Oct 16, 2009
MyTouch 3G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341085070868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341085070868.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 342

Vicious Von

Mar 27, 2011
From the Motorola V400 flip phone to the Motorola windows mobile and after that the blackberry torch which I kinda liked but then it happened... Motorola Atrix in which I feel partial about because it was so unappreciated and now the mighty Note. I can't get over the screen size this enough for me. In order for me to switch phones now there has to be a significant difference spec-wise and I dont see that happening really soon.

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
My cuz had the very first G1 but was too slow and boring for me I was a die hard iPhone fan. Till one day I broke free and got the HTC EVO 4g never
Looked back since .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

marcbsmoove

Feb 26, 2011
Was a Nokia fan for life until I got an HTC Inspire 4g and now my g note. Rules.

Sent from my G-Nizzle 4 Shizzle

Y

yollasho

HTC Touch Pro. It ran windows mobile, but could boot Android build via scard. That phone was awesome. And once I used Android I knew I needed the real deal.

First real Android phone was HTC Aria, which was also a great phone. Still have it in great working condition. Out came out when one of the iPhones did and seemed to be completely eclipsed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

yermommy

Feb 29, 2012
The G1. I was in 7th or 8th grade and I set it up for my dad's boss. Haha I loved that and didn't want to give it back the next day.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app

the1stSecond

Jun 25, 2012
The Droid series. My fiance's sisters all got Droids for XMAS and I had my iPhone at the time. I thought nothing could be better than an iPhone. Then the teenage girls started showing me all of the different apps, customization's and so forth. I was green with envy. So, as soon as I was due for an upgrade a year later I bought my Note and now, four months after that I bought the SIII.
I love this stuff.

jietzer

Feb 5, 2007
Seattle, WA
The HTC G1 , Got it first day it came out . I still have my G1 lol man its ugly compared to today the phone its self and man the OS haha.

Wiko

Jun 30, 2012
Rotterdam
The Motorola Milestone 2 was my first telephone and the phone that sparked my enthousiasm for the Android platform.
Today I added the Medion Lifetab S9512 to my Android Collection as I was a little disappointed by the Archos eReader 70b I bought earlier. So now I'm in the process of getting the little bugger rooted ;)

orchidsdance

Jan 10, 2011
My first Android phone was the Sprint HTC Hero. I loved that phone even though it was so laggy. Then moved to the original Evo and still love that phone. Now have the SGS3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember back in the days, when the phones actually were used for phone calls and maybe couple of texts. I'm not that old school, at least at she 30, I still consider myself pretty young. Growing up, racing cars was my passion. After becoming an adult, getting married and having kids, everything changed for me. Couldn't spend the amount of cash I used to on cars. So I decided to sell my car. And with having experience only on couple flip phones, including the EXE, I decided to order a blackberry Curve 8330. I stated getting interest in the tweaking and messing with it. Updating firmwares was about the most exciting thing I was doing back them. One day I walked in a radio shack store, and there it was, the HTC HD2. Immediately feel in love with the big screen and design. It was love at first sight. Being a windows phone didn't matter at the time, since I was not familiar with the Android world, so I didn't know better. Then, came across XDA, and everything changed. Started reading about Android and the goodies that it had, and found out that there was a way to boot Android on my device from the as card. Had the first taste, and never looked back. Currently own a Samsung galaxy Note, running ICS 4.0.4, and I'm loving it.
    That's the way I was introduced to this amazing world, with all this amazing people, willing to sacrifice time with the family and restless nights cooking awesome software for people that they not even know, and many times aren't even grateful of their job. Thanks Android, for giving me a great opportunity of interacting with awesome and brilliant people. And grateful for this great hobby.
    my first post here in XDA.

I come in peace from another planet "Apple" and would like to make peace with the people of Android..

Galaxy SIII is my first phone that I have owned. I love it and I am loving Android! :D
    for me it was the HTC G1, Edge speed on At&t was awful but I really loved the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
    June 2010 I got the Motorola backflip I feel in love with Android but after the first 6 months the processor at 528 mhz was unbearably slow. The great devs created cm7 for it which just barley made it bearable to wait until February when my contract was up. I had no problems moving from the 3.1in screen to the 5.2 in screen on the note. I still think having the keyboard on the back than flipping backwards is the best design for a phone with a keyboard.
    Dell streak and really soon Samsung galaxy SL

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium