N7100 4.3 imei repair using z3x

Search This thread

renovo

Dec 28, 2013
finally found a fix for imei repair for note 2 gt-n7100 and thought id share hopefully it helps someone out

first a bit of background about phone and error
- Phone is a n7100 international version i'm guessing its originally from el salvador since thats were i'm located and a customer brought in phone. The customer stated someone attempted to unlock the phone and damaged imei and had left the phone stuck in a boot loop.
- Going through recovery and factory reseting would not work.
- Unable to find original firmware for any carrier from here i used mexico telcel 4.3 official to flash to stock usin odin v3.09
- The flash worked perfectly and wifi blue tooth and just about everything worked perfectly except imei showed 004999010640000
- i attempted to unlock phone with z3x since it has autoroot for this model but no luck i kept getting error coode 0001
- Various places i read online mentioned that to root n7100 on 4.3 phone had to be factory unlock so i searched and searched and found root files for n7100 that made no mention of phone being unlocked, i did this with odin 1.85 verison and proper root file
- i successfully rooted phone
- after i unlocked using z3x v16.8 tool
- after unlocking phone i attempted to repair imei with z3x but was unable to for some reason i had to re-root phone with odin 1.85
- after resinstalling root i did imei repair with z3x box and results were positive. the imei was repaired and im able to make and receive calls aswell as use data plan, here is the proof with pictures

I'M SHARING BECAUSE XDA AND ITS MEMBERS HAVE SAVED MY ASS NUMEROUS TIMES WITH HELPFULL INFO

message me if you need links to files i used

Selected model: N7100
Selected port: COM15 Z3X BOX Serial Port
Selected port speed: 115200
Searching ADB device... OK
Reading phone info...
Model: GT-N7100
Android version: 4.3
Product code: Not Active
Phone version: N7100XXUEMJ9
PDA version: N7100XXUEMK9
CSC version: N7100OXFEMK3
IMEI: 004999010640000
Phone S/N: RV1D122F5RN
Checking Super user right... true
Reading nv data... OK
Reading modem... OK
Reading kernel... OK
Patching kernel... OK
Checking magic... OK
Running zTool, please wait... OK
Detected new type of security
Calculating... OK
Patching modem... OK
Writing data to phone... OK
Rebooting phone... OK
Repair done
Done with Samsung Tool v.16.8

IMG_20140116_142616.jpg

IMG_20140116_142554.jpg

Reactions: daohoa24

Ubtex

Dec 27, 2013
Hello, I have same problem. I didn't backup my efs folder before I upgrade. So pls help me out too. Am from Nigeria and how can I get the Box. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

mietens

Dec 18, 2010
finally found a fix for imei repair for note 2 gt-n7100 and thought id share hopefully it helps someone out

- Phone is a n7100 international version i'm guessing its originally from el salvador since thats were i'm located and a customer brought in phone. The customer stated someone attempted to unlock the phone and damaged imei and had left the phone stuck in a boot loop.
- Unable to find original firmware for any carrier from here i used mexico telcel 4.3 official to flash to stock usin odin v3.09
- The flash worked perfectly and wifi blue tooth and just about everything worked perfectly except imei showed 004999010640000
- i attempted to unlock phone with z3x since it has autoroot for this model but no luck i kept getting error coode 0001
- Various places i read online mentioned that to root n7100 on 4.3 phone had to be factory unlock so i searched and searched and found root files for n7100 that made no mention of phone being unlocked, i did this with odin 1.85 verison and proper root file
- after unlocking phone i attempted to repair imei with z3x but was unable to for some reason i had to re-root phone with odin 1.85
- after resinstalling root i did imei repair with z3x box and results were positive. the imei was repaired and im able to make and receive calls aswell as use data plan, here is the proof with pictures

I'M SHARING BECAUSE XDA AND ITS MEMBERS HAVE SAVED MY ASS NUMEROUS TIMES WITH HELPFULL INFO

Reading phone info...
Reading nv data... OK
Reading modem... OK
Reading kernel... OK
Patching kernel... OK
Checking magic... OK
Calculating... OK
Patching modem... OK
Rebooting phone... OK
Repair done

View attachment 2525090

View attachment 2525091

can you explain why still it says product code inactive?

renovo

Dec 28, 2013
can you explain why still it says product code inactive?

i'm assuming that because at the time of reading the phone info the imei and possibly other folders were damaged, Once processed finished i didn't bother to re read info with box because the process work. also it was a customer phone so i no longer have access to it.

for people interested in purchasing z3x samsung box, theres plenty of links on ebay and various sites.
For repair shops hobbist it works great and well worth investment. my z3x box has easily paid for itself 20x over.

prz0007

May 30, 2014
Problems installing DM+MODEM+ADB drivers

Model GT-N7100
rooted with CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5

hello just a few question since I'm having a few problems fixing the IMEI with two Boxes with Z3X and NS Pro both of the boxes don't detect the phone

phone has been rooted successfully, phone is on 4.3, I got Kies installed in my computer drivers to read my SD card installed successfully (MTP+ADB) but when I chose DM+MODEM+ADB and connect the phone to the computer the drivers don't install it just keeps telling me USB Device not recognize I tried it with 3 laptops with the same results the 3rd computer never even had the Box installed all computer give me same error under usb controller I got unknown device I already uninstall and install from there too and no luck

and this is where my problems lies no DM+MODEM+ADB drivers no device detected by boxes any one ever had this problem before and know how to fix it any ideas?

renovo

Dec 28, 2013
try flashing the phone with a different 4.3 firmware and root using vroot
also theres no need to put phone in dm modem adb, i just enabled usb debugging and unknown sources
possible you havent installed the z3x box right it took me a few tires to be able to read phones by chance have you tried reading other models???

Model GT-N7100
rooted with CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5

hello just a few question since I'm having a few problems fixing the IMEI with two Boxes with Z3X and NS Pro both of the boxes don't detect the phone

phone has been rooted successfully, phone is on 4.3, I got Kies installed in my computer drivers to read my SD card installed successfully (MTP+ADB) but when I chose DM+MODEM+ADB and connect the phone to the computer the drivers don't install it just keeps telling me USB Device not recognize I tried it with 3 laptops with the same results the 3rd computer never even had the Box installed all computer give me same error under usb controller I got unknown device I already uninstall and install from there too and no luck

and this is where my problems lies no DM+MODEM+ADB drivers no device detected by boxes any one ever had this problem before and know how to fix it any ideas?

prz0007

May 30, 2014
try flashing the phone with a different 4.3 firmware and root using vroot
also theres no need to put phone in dm modem adb, i just enabled usb debugging and unknown sources
possible you havent installed the z3x box right it took me a few tires to be able to read phones by chance have you tried reading other models???

this is one of the boxes that I used in a daily basis, all I did to resolve the problem was try over and over until the box detected the phone

but thanks for your reply...:good:

Ozy20

Jun 11, 2014

Reading phone info...
Reading nv data... OK
Reading modem... OK
Reading kernel... OK
Patching kernel... OK
Checking magic... OK
Calculating... OK
Patching modem... OK
Rebooting phone... OK
Repair done

View attachment 2525090

View attachment 2525091

Hi, please help me, I've same problem. I've N7100 region XSE, May you help me? Do you have an e-mail?

CLaudioman2009

Sep 27, 2013
SO the ONLY WAY to rewrite the IMEI is USING a F***ing BOX !?

seriously, i have the IMEI number written in the back of my phone but i can`t rewrite it unless i buy a BOX ... that sucks. Hope some hacker or something fis the way to just do it with a PC without a box and ****

Last edited:

sandeshshet

May 15, 2015
Need Help with EMEI restoration.

Hi Renovo,
I had a tough time trying to fix my Note2 which died on me yesterday. It was giving me the "EFS mount" error.
I spent the whole day flashing custom as well as stock ROMS and and finally found that I can flash the EFS repair file(n7100_odin_efs.tar) with odin. But this has now created the EMEI problem you mentioned below. I am trying to fix that but not sure how to do it.
Would you be kind enough to walk me through step by step??
Also do I need any special hardware for this??
My GTN7100 was bought in India.
I had flashed the UK version of the stock ROm on it.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandesh

Reading phone info...
Reading nv data... OK
Reading modem... OK
Reading kernel... OK
Patching kernel... OK
Checking magic... OK
Calculating... OK
Patching modem... OK
Rebooting phone... OK
Repair done

View attachment 2525090

View attachment 2525091

indigold

Aug 11, 2011
warri
Hi Renovo,
I had a tough time trying to fix my Note2 which died on me yesterday. It was giving me the "EFS mount" error.
I spent the whole day flashing custom as well as stock ROMS and and finally found that I can flash the EFS repair file(n7100_odin_efs.tar) with odin. But this has now created the EMEI problem you mentioned below. I am trying to fix that but not sure how to do it.
Would you be kind enough to walk me through step by step??
Also do I need any special hardware for this??
My GTN7100 was bought in India.
I had flashed the UK version of the stock ROm on it.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sandesh

U need a special hardware for this. Octopus or maybe z3x can fix this. With no stress. Very easy. Just repair with z3x by using ur Imei and u good. I have both boxes and I used them to do countless repair and unlock of many phones.

SENT FROM A MONSTER

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reading phone info...